Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS In-Person (and Online) Flyer Forum with Alaska Airlines Executives

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2022, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
Suggested Questions to Be Asked of AS Executives by In-Person Attendees
  • The Elite Upgrade Processor does not upgrade at the elite windows when upgrade space is available and often process the upgrade list inconsistently when it does run. This has been a problem for well over a year. When will this be fixed?
  • What are the plans for overall network growth (% increase in flights) for 2023 and 2024? Is the focus more flights to existing cities?
  • What are the growth plans for SFO? LAX?
  • What are the plans for Dallas Love Field (currently only one flight daily to SEA and SFO)?
  • Please describe what *if any* plans exist for improving SEA ops in winter weather conditions … the chaos that has rippled throughout the entire system for nearly a week after the last four or five wx events — many of which actually didn’t develop as badly as initially forecast — has left a *very* bad impression of all aspects of AS operations and management
  • Going forward, will AS allow mixing partner award flights? Like SEA-LHR on BA, then LHR-KUL on MH on a single ticket?
  • Regarding Partner Award availability, are there any plans to make it easier for Seattle-based members to get to major U.S. gateways (e.g., LAX, DFW, ORD). In other words: why is there rarely/never award space at the right level to us get to these gateways?
  • What are the expansion plans for PAE? Are Spokane and Portland possibilities?

What was submitted from Remote participants:
  • How dependent on the network growth plan is the MAX assembly and delivery schedule?
  • What will it take to display "real" EQMs (e.g. No California Bonus) and AS metal segments required for elite tier status in the Alaska App?
  • A round robin question to each executive, non-binding answer of course, what airport would each exec like to see a new Alaska Lounge at?

Link to the presentation: Alaska Airlines Flyer Forum 2022 - YouTube

Print Wikipost

AS In-Person (and Online) Flyer Forum with Alaska Airlines Executives

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2022, 7:37 pm

Programs: IHGPlatinum, Marriott Silver
Just received an invite for the virtual event. All registered. Was MVP Gold while living in Alaska, but nothing for the past 10 years. Wonder if age of AS MVP account is a factor?
Old Nov 18, 2022, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by AkWxMan
Just received an invite for the virtual event. All registered. Was MVP Gold while living in Alaska, but nothing for the past 10 years. Wonder if age of AS MVP account is a factor?
Maybe, I haven't had any status is about 15 years and got one, although I have flown AS more in the last two months then I have in the 5 years before that.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 9:32 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I got my invite (virtual) today and registered successfully. Also very curious about 1) the timing of these invite and 2) who makes the invite list
Old Nov 18, 2022, 9:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
It's beginning to sound like AS and Taylor Swift used the same vendor for their event planning.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 9:48 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K: NEXUS: Global Entry
Within an hour of receiving invite to in person Flyer Forum, I registered and got confirmation with address; valet parking; etc. Just now, received 7 emails from Alaska saying I had been uninvited and can be ‘there’ online. What is going on??
FloridaFlyers and anteater like this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 1:20 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Gold, Red Lion Gold
I’m sincerely disappointed with Alaska.

i was confirmed for the in person. And this afternoon, I got 81 emails from them in 5 minutes, every single one saying they overbooked and I was moved to virtual.

81. It blew me up.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 6:01 am

Perhaps those of us who are attending can cite examples of AAG's horrible IT and ask questions why it's so bad?
anteater likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 7:55 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by flytoeat
Perhaps those of us who are attending can cite examples of AAG's horrible IT and ask questions why it's so bad?

AS has a long very long history of IT issues while they were on the edge of instituting electronic boarding passes, check in etc the execution was off but back then they had much different management. Frankly what I miss the most are the cookies we got every year along with a phone call.
Eastbay1K likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 10:28 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K: NEXUS: Global Entry
Originally Posted by Seattle123
Within an hour of receiving invite to in person Flyer Forum, I registered and got confirmation with address; valet parking; etc. Just now, received 7 emails from Alaska saying I had been uninvited and can be ‘there’ online. What is going on??
I did print out my in person invite with address; valet parking etc. should I just show up and say what email(s) to be there on line??
Old Nov 19, 2022, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got an invite to the online version and just registered.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 12:19 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Got mine, registered, and then got uninvited 29 times.... sigh (MM 100k)
anteater likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by ctporter
Got mine, registered, and then got uninvited 29 times.... sigh (MM 100k)
Old Nov 19, 2022, 4:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, Hilton Diamond
Just got this:

Our sincere apologies for the technical error that occurred with our Flyer Forum waitlist email. We understand that receiving the same email multiple times is very frustrating and does not represent the high bar we set for our guest experience.

As a small token of our continued appreciation, we are giving you 2,500 Mileage Plan miles. These miles will be deposited into your account next week.

The response to Flyer Forum exceeded our expectations, and we hope we can host you in the future.

We appreciate your loyalty,

Sangita Woerner,
SVP Marketing & Guest Experience
eponymous_coward and anteater like this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 4:06 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by mtnsider
Just got this:

Our sincere apologies for the technical error that occurred with our Flyer Forum waitlist email. We understand that receiving the same email multiple times is very frustrating and does not represent the high bar we set for our guest experience.

As a small token of our continued appreciation, we are giving you 2,500 Mileage Plan miles. These miles will be deposited into your account next week.

The response to Flyer Forum exceeded our expectations, and we hope we can host you in the future.

We appreciate your loyalty,

Sangita Woerner,
SVP Marketing & Guest Experience
If only that were 2.5K RDM per additional email.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by anteater
If only that were 2.5K RDM per additional email.
100 RDM per email might work out…
anteater and Seattle123 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.