Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS In-Person (and Online) Flyer Forum with Alaska Airlines Executives

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2022, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
Suggested Questions to Be Asked of AS Executives by In-Person Attendees
  • The Elite Upgrade Processor does not upgrade at the elite windows when upgrade space is available and often process the upgrade list inconsistently when it does run. This has been a problem for well over a year. When will this be fixed?
  • What are the plans for overall network growth (% increase in flights) for 2023 and 2024? Is the focus more flights to existing cities?
  • What are the growth plans for SFO? LAX?
  • What are the plans for Dallas Love Field (currently only one flight daily to SEA and SFO)?
  • Please describe what *if any* plans exist for improving SEA ops in winter weather conditions … the chaos that has rippled throughout the entire system for nearly a week after the last four or five wx events — many of which actually didn’t develop as badly as initially forecast — has left a *very* bad impression of all aspects of AS operations and management
  • Going forward, will AS allow mixing partner award flights? Like SEA-LHR on BA, then LHR-KUL on MH on a single ticket?
  • Regarding Partner Award availability, are there any plans to make it easier for Seattle-based members to get to major U.S. gateways (e.g., LAX, DFW, ORD). In other words: why is there rarely/never award space at the right level to us get to these gateways?
  • What are the expansion plans for PAE? Are Spokane and Portland possibilities?

What was submitted from Remote participants:
  • How dependent on the network growth plan is the MAX assembly and delivery schedule?
  • What will it take to display "real" EQMs (e.g. No California Bonus) and AS metal segments required for elite tier status in the Alaska App?
  • A round robin question to each executive, non-binding answer of course, what airport would each exec like to see a new Alaska Lounge at?

Link to the presentation: Alaska Airlines Flyer Forum 2022 - YouTube

Print Wikipost

AS In-Person (and Online) Flyer Forum with Alaska Airlines Executives

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2022, 4:57 pm

I, Mr. No Status ever, got an invite, might actually attend. Trying to figure out how they picked who to send an invite to. From the invite, the innovations probably have to do with the electionic bag tag, the automated bag drop, and some form of new check in they have been trialing at Missoula. New additions to the fleet must be about the MAX cause that's the only new plane coming in.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 5:17 pm

Programs: AS 100K
i got the online invite.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 5:20 pm

Totally thought this said "Alaska Air Fryer Forum" and was wondering what AS was up to with air fryers.
jakeller and Fly2Connect like this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Nothing here. I guess it makes sense that they wouldn't invite people outside of SEA.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 5:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Is the location kept a secret for security purposes?
Old Nov 14, 2022, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Going? Looks like I am going to join in my jammies.

”Join us for our first-ever online broadcast of the Flyer Forum with Alaska Airlines leaders.”

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Nothing here. I guess it makes sense that they wouldn't invite people outside of SEA.
I am outside SEA and invited to self-cater
Old Nov 14, 2022, 5:47 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Neither one in lala’s household (100k/MMS and one a former Gold Board Member) was extended this invitation.

Please report back what you hear.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 5:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K: NEXUS: Global Entry
Got the in person invite. Will be going.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Definitely going out to people outside of SEA as my invite was to an online broadcast.
TheBeerHunter likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP LT PLT, AS 75K, B6 Mosaic, HH D, Hyatt Globalist
I also got the online invite.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Finally, I don't get a rock!
Old Nov 14, 2022, 6:06 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
I got the online invite as well.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 6:07 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold (ex-75K), Bonvoy Titanium, Recovering United 1K
I received and registered. My questions were:
1) can you make it easier to use gold guest upgrades?
2) what are plans to resume service on dropped (SJC-DAL) routes and cut-back routes (SFO-ORD)?
ssk244 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 6:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
My invite was also for online
Old Nov 14, 2022, 6:20 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, Alaska MVPG100K, Marriott Titanium Elite
I was invited and will be attending as I land at Sea-Tac that day just a bit earlier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.