Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS In-Person (and Online) Flyer Forum with Alaska Airlines Executives

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2022, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
Suggested Questions to Be Asked of AS Executives by In-Person Attendees
  • The Elite Upgrade Processor does not upgrade at the elite windows when upgrade space is available and often process the upgrade list inconsistently when it does run. This has been a problem for well over a year. When will this be fixed?
  • What are the plans for overall network growth (% increase in flights) for 2023 and 2024? Is the focus more flights to existing cities?
  • What are the growth plans for SFO? LAX?
  • What are the plans for Dallas Love Field (currently only one flight daily to SEA and SFO)?
  • Please describe what *if any* plans exist for improving SEA ops in winter weather conditions … the chaos that has rippled throughout the entire system for nearly a week after the last four or five wx events — many of which actually didn’t develop as badly as initially forecast — has left a *very* bad impression of all aspects of AS operations and management
  • Going forward, will AS allow mixing partner award flights? Like SEA-LHR on BA, then LHR-KUL on MH on a single ticket?
  • Regarding Partner Award availability, are there any plans to make it easier for Seattle-based members to get to major U.S. gateways (e.g., LAX, DFW, ORD). In other words: why is there rarely/never award space at the right level to us get to these gateways?
  • What are the expansion plans for PAE? Are Spokane and Portland possibilities?

What was submitted from Remote participants:
  • How dependent on the network growth plan is the MAX assembly and delivery schedule?
  • What will it take to display "real" EQMs (e.g. No California Bonus) and AS metal segments required for elite tier status in the Alaska App?
  • A round robin question to each executive, non-binding answer of course, what airport would each exec like to see a new Alaska Lounge at?

Link to the presentation: Alaska Airlines Flyer Forum 2022 - YouTube

Print Wikipost

AS In-Person (and Online) Flyer Forum with Alaska Airlines Executives

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:10 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by beckoa

Someone just needs to fly more

Granted a few of those miles were probably with a smaller network. AS' stage length is quite a bit larger now these days.
i mean, not to be mean but he did look like if he flew a lot of AS when AS network was WAY smaller that what it is now. And to get to MM with such a small network takes commitment.

Note that I'm not a MM, just a 0.2MM lol, so I don't really care if AS does anything with MM or not lol
Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:11 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k
That mention of availability for awards in multiple fare classes lead to me believe that this month's change might be to make more international awards available but price them at a higher mileage cost depending on availability (kind of like Saver vs AAnytime).
eponymous_coward likes this.

Last edited by burningflames; Dec 5, 2022 at 6:18 pm
Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:15 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Anyone win any door prizes (via email)? I was hoping for at least a coupon for an extra chocolate chip cookie
One person received 37 emails awarding them all the door prizes, followed by 9683 messages rescinding the first 37. Reprogramming is underway and door prizes will be awarded by the end of 3Q 2023.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:17 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Or a box of cookies. I hear there's a lapsed tradition of these around this time of year.
AS used to send out cookies at Christmas for their elites, but that was years ago.

Last edited by BOB W; Dec 5, 2022 at 6:30 pm
Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:17 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Another meeting that should've been an email.

(junk email)
Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:18 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
My take aways were mixed, mostly it was stuff that does not change our current experiences I thought.
I would hope that as a 100k and MM, that if there was another 100k on the same flight as I am, and we have the same fare class that I would bump them. That would be nice, but it may be limited to just when I am no longer flying and drop down to being a lowly MVPG. When I started 40k was the high tier, and MMs became high tier for life. now, Im 3rd down on the list.
Although I am based in SEA, it sure sounded like they are bringing back PDX as a gateway or base city for AS, that should make the PDX folks much happier.
When they talked about the airport experience, I though hmm... Elites already bypass the mass of bodies at SEA and go straight thru Clear or PreCheck in just a few minutes. The rendering sure looks like SFO I thought. What SEA needs is a MUCH better driveway approach both for picking up and dropping off, that is a total mess.
The waitlist for GGUs sounded like it might be interesting, will be interesting to see if they actually come up with a way to make them useable
Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Contact has been made about the Upgrade professor and the need to get him some additional medications. They seem to be aware of some of these issues.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:23 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by bretterson
They also mentioned a buy-up option for people 5k-10k away from status and that an email should have been sent already. I'm 6k away and got no such email.
I'll qualify for an hour and 41 minutes.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by twitch76
Key takeaways -
  • Checkin/Lobby Upgrades(?) -- self-serve tagging/checking & e-tags.
  • Bag tracking in app, and the possibility of automated/self-serve bag service guarantee claims
  • MVP/MVPG benefit expansion on AA
  • Increased ability to book partner airlines through Alaska
  • Movement to one fleet and increased # of fleets
  • Next move is not to increase breadth of markets, but depth in current markets
  • Waitlisting GGUs might be in the pipeline
Point #1 sounds great, but they totally missed ANC on the list.
Point #2 will the BSG miles show up automatically? Seriously? Has anyone in AS IT been told about this?
Point #6 I have said for years that serving any destination once or twice a day was a fools bet. They seem to be moving in the right direction on this one
Point #7 would be great to waitlist GGU's but this (kind of) works now with ticket purchase date still part of the equation. Or did they drop that one?
Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:28 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by rune87
Contact has been made about the Upgrade professor and the need to get him some additional medications. They seem to be aware of some of these issues.
AS is definitely aware of the issues. Issues still persist.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:32 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold (ex-75K), Bonvoy Titanium, Recovering United 1K
more than any of the non-answers, I was most satisfied with the reaction to the gold guest upgrade question. While we didn't get a specific answer, her reaction made it sound like to was the bane of her existence and that they were quite aware of the problem and working on an answer. No guarantee that we will like the solution, but sounds like it certainly will be addressed.
zdfld and EastCoastAS like this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:34 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by cpworld
more than any of the non-answers, I was most satisfied with the reaction to the gold guest upgrade question. While we didn't get a specific answer, her reaction made it sound like to was the bane of her existence and that they were quite aware of the problem and working on an answer. No guarantee that we will like the solution, but sounds like it certainly will be addressed.
Isn't the cause the availability (or lack thereof) of U space? Make more U space available and the problem is solved.
mtnsider, mildfrequence and zdfld like this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:35 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by bretterson
They also mentioned a buy-up option for people 5k-10k away from status and that an email should have been sent already. I'm 6k away and got no such email.
~1.7k away from MVPG requal and got nothing, although I suppose that's possibly because I have my requalifying SFO-BOS booked for 12/16.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by atcanobbio
i mean, not to be mean but he did look like if he flew a lot of AS when AS network was WAY smaller that what it is now. And to get to MM with such a small network takes commitment.
That would be me also. I retired after 42 years with the same company. LOVED IT! They paid me to fly all over Alaska (over and over and over again) then added the west coast to my travels. Later I traveled all over the Lower 48, choosing Alaska whenever possible. The route structure was MUCH smaller back in the day!
ctporter and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by atcanobbio

Note that I'm not a MM, just a 0.2MM lol, so I don't really care if AS does anything with MM or not lol
But if you compare to UA where they have a large network that's relatively easier to get to MM, UA MM fliers get....nothing. They get E+ at booking, and essentially zero chance at an upgrade anywhere in the network.

If MM guy moved from SEA to LAX he'd get upgraded on just about every flight, even pre-apocalypse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.