Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Flight comes with dinner if booked on AA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2022, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

We just booked the same coach one-way AS flight from DTW-SEA, under 2 different pnrs

When I added their conf codes (AS’s version) to the app, one says meal: dinner under flight details, the other says meal: no meal
available. As far as I knew, there’s only paid meals, any insight to why this shows this way?

one of the flights was booked on AA (as we had trip credits that were expiring). That is the one that says meal:dinner on AS mobile app.

The flights booked with AS miles on AS, says meal: none

Last edited by sea_flyer_17; Oct 17, 2022 at 5:05 pm
Old Oct 17, 2022, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

American Airlines booked:

Alaska Miles booked:

Old Oct 17, 2022, 6:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
One of those is obviously wrong.....you just don't get to know which one!
Old Oct 17, 2022, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by sea_flyer_17
As far as I knew, there’s only paid meals, any insight to why this shows this way?
Wacky things that can happen when AA SABRE talks to AS SABRE? Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

(Both use it but they're different systems, for instance the PNRs in both systems are different if you have an AA booking with AS flights/AS booking with AA flights).
Old Oct 17, 2022, 9:20 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan - MVP Gold
I've also had Lunch show in the app when my itinerary was rerouted due to a schedule change.

...no I didn't actually get lunch included =(
Old Oct 18, 2022, 1:07 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL Platinum,WN A-list, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
There is no way meal would be served in Y (except for MM, I think 100K receive additional snacks in Y so that counts as well?), flew many times on AS on Transcon/Hawaii routes.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 5:36 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
How does one find whether there are meals or snacks served on an AS flight? I understood that this was 670 miles as a base. Is this out of date?
Old Oct 18, 2022, 6:09 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
How does one find whether there are meals or snacks served on an AS flight? I understood that this was 670 miles as a base. Is this out of date?
In F, that is correct.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...food-and-drink
pcoll likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 7:25 am

Hmmm…last time I had a complimentary meal in AS Y was approximately 2006.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 10:41 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
It will be F and thank you so much for the link

PG
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 5:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Reminds me to write into AS. Redeye ANC-SEA on Monday had "snack" showing. (Per Expertflyer) Traditionally this meant we got real food. We got... snack basket.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 8:28 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by beckoa
Reminds me to write into AS. Redeye ANC-SEA on Monday had "snack" showing. (Per Expertflyer) Traditionally this meant we got real food. We got... snack basket.
I thought no meals on redeyes outside the window.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 10:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by dayone
I thought no meals on redeyes outside the window.
I was going off EF.
dayone likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 9:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Unless the AA booking includes time travel back to about 2000, nobody will get a meal in coach.

At best, if you are sitting in the forward part of the coach cabin, you will have buy-on-board opportunities. Or you snag some sandwiches in Detroit before boarding...

I can't remember the last time I received a full meal in coach in the continental US. It was probably on Midwest Express or maybe the AA Love Field service around the turn of the century. I don't think it exists anywhere anymore, except maybe the premium transcon services like LA/SF - NYC/DC.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Oh totally agree, not really expecting to get dinner. That said, if I flew and didn't get a dinner, and wanted to raise a stink because the app definitively said I did --- who would i complain to in this situation? (i don't plan to btw, this is more curiosity than a concern)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.