EXP Waitlisted

Old Sep 12, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by enviroian
how would one clear at 120? I checked the app I’m still in coach and there are 6 open out and 7 F seats open back.

TBH I’m actually amazed there are any open F seats period. All AA flights would be zeroed out yet. Does AS not do cash upgrades on the app or TOD? If not enjoy it while it lasts.
Those become available at check-in (T-24) if U class (same bucket as upgrade space) is available.

And yes, EXP can clear up to 120 hours prior, after 100k and 75k's on AS. Depending on the route, no AS' elites are clearing at 120 either, although it does still happen here and there.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...a-airlines.jsp

Edited to add: none of the dfw-sea flights currently have upgrade space open - the F to the right of the arrival time would have to be a solid blue background with a white F, vs. the white background with a blue F that you are currently seeing:

Last edited by NoLaGent; Sep 12, 2022 at 7:58 am
Old Sep 12, 2022, 8:23 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

In in my recent experience between DFW-SEA, upgrades usually will be filled by AS 100K and 75K before the processor gets to AA elites.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Those become available at check-in (T-24) if U class (same bucket as upgrade space) is available.

And yes, EXP can clear up to 120 hours prior, after 100k and 75k's on AS. Depending on the route, no AS' elites are clearing at 120 either, although it does still happen here and there.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...a-airlines.jsp

Edited to add: none of the dfw-sea flights currently have upgrade space open - the F to the right of the arrival time would have to be a solid blue background with a white F, vs. the white background with a blue F that you are currently seeing:

Thanks. I'm on the 3:20 PM flight. EF says 6 F seats available for sale. Depending on how many are available at T-24 is that when upgrades start to process or at gate?
Old Sep 12, 2022, 10:30 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by enviroian
Thanks. I'm on the 3:20 PM flight. EF says 6 F seats available for sale. Depending on how many are available at T-24 is that when upgrades start to process or at gate?
If you're traveling on 9/14, there are already 18 people on the F upgrade list.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 10:33 am

thank you!

thank you so much for sharing this. very much appreciate this! best tip of the month so far.

Originally Posted by AinthePNW
You can also see the entire upgrade list, usually well in advance of T-24 using Alaska Air’s “Flight Schedule” tool (not flight status, but schedule). It’s under the detail for the selected flight. Typically I can see the upgrade list a few days out.

https://m.alaskaair.com/schedule
Old Sep 12, 2022, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by dayone
If you're traveling on 9/14, there are already 18 people on the F upgrade list.
Ah just saw that. I'm #9

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.