Millionth Mile Flight

Old Aug 31, 2022, 6:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by philemer
WOW. Is 8MM a world record? Can't even fathom that much BIS fun.
22M miles on United back in 2020
Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by philemer
WOW. Is 8MM a world record? Can't even fathom that much BIS fun.
Back in the day, for AA at least, they included credit card spend.
be_rettSEA and rt23456p like this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by hyedmd
22M miles on United back in 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOc51dw9flM
It's insane to think about how that guy is at 22M but then again I'm almost at 5MM BIS so maybe not too crazy.
rt23456p and hyedmd like this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 1:18 am

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
So many snarky replies in this thread. I’ve been on multiple flights where the Million Mile status achievers were recognized with an announcement on board. One achiever even received a round of applause.
sea_jeff, PABE and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 1:37 am

What if the flight where you hit a million mile threshold is not on your home airline but on a partner? What a waste -- the crew won't know or care about your achievement, and you'll miss any chance of in-person recognition. Next flight, you'll board as X.001MM and have nothing special happening. Do pax specifically try to avoid this so they cross the threshold on their own program's metal?
mot29 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 2:49 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
What if the flight where you hit a million mile threshold is not on your home airline but on a partner? What a waste -- the crew won't know or care about your achievement, and you'll miss any chance of in-person recognition. Next flight, you'll board as X.001MM and have nothing special happening. Do pax specifically try to avoid this so they cross the threshold on their own program's metal?
Partner airlines don't count toward AS MM status.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by BR787
Partner airlines don't count toward AS MM status.
Yes, but people were bringing up other airlines where this does apply. Perhaps not the right thread/forum for the question, though.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:26 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by ShutUpDonnie
Hey now, this isn't Delta or United.. Manage those expectations!

Maybe you'll get an extra snack pack in the exit row, though..

Also, congrats on the 1mm! Awesome.
I hit 1MM on Delta when NW and DL merged so it didn't happen on a flight. And got a piece of Hartmann luggage which I've never used.
And 2MM on Delta while flying on partner VN. So no recognition for me when I hit either milestone. And got a Tumi roller bag which I do use.

But at least on DL, the MM/2MM seems to impress FAs and others far more than being Diamond. Of course there are a lot fewer MMs than DMs.

1MM on AS is quite an impressive feat! Congratulations.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 8:00 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Crossed over 1mm last October and got diddly squat from AS on board or in the gate area. No announcement, nothing. A week or so later I got an email from AS telling me to go to some website to pick out a gift. There were three choices, two of which were a model plane or a wine subscription for something like six months. The third option was unimpressive enough that I can’t remember what it was. I have more wine clubs then I know what to do with so I went with the model plane.

About two weeks later I was on a UA PDX-IAH flight and the guy across from me hit 1mm on UA on the flight. He got a captain announcement and a gift bag of swag from the flight crew, along with a signed card. That was enough for me to write AS customer service and ask, in so many words, what the heck.

Last edited by Chugach; Sep 1, 2022 at 8:06 am
Old Sep 1, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: AA, HH, UA, Amtrak
Impressive, but I did 940 millions miles last year
It wasn't on an airline but on a spacecraft (Earth moving around the sun ). Sorry just having fun with numbers. And of course, everyone achieved it!

Congrats on the AS milestone!

Last edited by psusaver; Sep 1, 2022 at 8:17 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 1, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: RDM AS 100K - 1MM / DL DM - 3MM / Marriott Ambassador - Lifetime Titanium Elite
My father had balloons and cake in Cabo on his way back to Portland at 1MM. No mention for me when I hit the mark but the 737 model is really cool.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
I had a great experience on my milestone flight. Was very pleasantly surprised.

Congratulations, OP!

At Last - One Million Miles!
737fan1 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 7:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
It's insane to think about how that guy is at 22M but then again I'm almost at 5MM BIS so maybe not too crazy.
According to this website, that is a typical Tom's week.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 9:19 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Moderator Note

A friendly reminder that this thread is a discussion of passing the 1MM threshold on AS, not commenting on Tom Stuker, which can be done on the UA forum.

dayone, AS Moderator
Old Sep 6, 2022, 11:54 am

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Congrats on getting to MM. I hit MM in December 2020 after slowly but surely accumulating but-in-seat miles since 1988. When I was about to rollover the MM mark, I was to fly on a Skywest flight from SEA to Monterey. Had the Seattle station manager greet me at the gate with a big thank you and a model of an Alaska 737. You can also sign up for a free gift from a list. I believe I selected a 6 month membership for a coffee/chocolate club. Good stuff. They also made an announcement at the gate and the pilot greeted me on the plane and made an announcement mid-flight. The biggest perk as others have mentioned is the Gold MVP for life.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.