Really…. No Meal Available in FC Today

Old Aug 8, 22, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
It is worth an Alaska Listens or other quick write up - if not for yourself, for the rest of us. If an FA isn't following policy, or there's a catering issue, and a critical mass of kvetches for a particular issue / crew member aggregates, perhaps an executive call bell will ding.
Ok. Will put into Alaska listens on car ride to the hotel.
Old Aug 8, 22, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

It is worth an Alaska Listens or other quick write up - if not for yourself, for the rest of us. If an FA isn't following policy, or there's a catering issue, and a critical mass of kvetches for a particular issue / crew member aggregates, perhaps an executive call bell will ding.
Ok. Will put into Alaska listens on car ride to the hotel.
Old Aug 8, 22, 3:40 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
lol... Unless we're talking about a 6+ hour flight I usually don't care *that* much about airplane food. . Running out of booze - another matter altogether.

Last edited by sea_jeff; Aug 8, 22 at 4:15 pm
Old Aug 8, 22, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mtofell View Post
This exact thing has happened to me and is why I don't pre-order food. Not sure if that would have mattered in this case but have to think they'd pre-load enough meals for everyone in FC to have something. Basically, they saw you ordered a cheese plate and assumed that was what you wanted. I've asked several FAs and received vastly different responses. One told me once the upgrade happens your pre-ordered food is canceled. Another told me when you pre-order it follows you and that's your only choice. And yet another told me if can follow you but you can also select something else. I figure my best bet is to just not pre-order and I'll get to choose but that's assuming they pack enough meals for all the FC seats. Would be nice if they had a consistent policy.
Interesting to not preorder a meal in premium seating. I will consider adjusting my process to not order. The cheese plate has been my reflexive order for 7 years. It’s not something I die for but rather tolerate. Food at airport quick picks now work better as well.
Old Aug 8, 22, 3:55 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by Xrayman View Post
Interesting to not preorder a meal in premium seating. I will consider adjusting my process to not order. The cheese plate has been my reflexive order for 7 years. It’s not something I die for but rather tolerate. Food at airport quick picks now work better as well.
My exact opinion of the chees plate... at least better than anything else they have. I usually watch the upgrade list and available # of FC seats and if I think I'm getting upgraded I don't order. Otherwise, I grab the cheese plate right before food window closes at T-20 hours.
Old Aug 8, 22, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Count me as another who never pre-orders before an upgrade. I sometimes end up in Y with nothing, but that can usually be remedied just before boarding.
Old Aug 8, 22, 4:40 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
You must not have been on my HNL-SAN flights where the FAs repeatedly and proactively exhorted pax not to touch those call bells. You’d think it might cause radio interference in the cockpit!

(Maybe just radio interference with Candy Crush…)
Bellerina likes this.
Old Aug 8, 22, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by twitch76 View Post
You must not have been on my HNL-SAN flights where the FAs repeatedly and proactively exhorted pax not to touch those call bells. You’d think it might cause radio interference in the cockpit!

(Maybe just radio interference with Candy Crush…)
Oh, I was referring to Alaska Listens issues causing call bells to go off the Executive Offices, not Your Favo(u)urite Deity or lack therof - forbid, on the plane!
twitch76 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 22, 5:32 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
I had a morning flight DEN-ANC recently where I was upgraded day before. I preordered a breakfast meal. The FA on the flight told us that the flight was mis-catered as a short haul and the F meal would just be a snack. Stuff happens. We survived the 5+ hour flight and even arrived in ANC a bit early. The AA lounge in DEN and the AL lounge in ANC definitely helped fill the void. The FA was great and dealt with the hand she was given with grace and a bit of humor.
StrandedinLA and anteater like this.
Old Aug 8, 22, 8:00 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by rjque View Post
I'd say he missed an actual meal. Yes, I know the fruit and cheese plate is offered as a meal option, but it's not a meal.
That's not - that's the fruit and cheese snack tray from coach. The larger one is a meal.
Old Aug 8, 22, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by thatmikereed View Post
That's not - that's the fruit and cheese snack tray from coach. The larger one is a meal.
it's the same fruit and cheese - one is served on a paper platter the other on a regular plate. Same contents.
sltlyamusd and twitch76 like this.
Old Aug 9, 22, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AS Flyer View Post
it's the same fruit and cheese - one is served on a paper platter the other on a regular plate. Same contents.

one served with a salad and roll with butter and one without.
Carfield likes this.
Old Aug 9, 22, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by BOB W View Post
I had a morning flight DEN-ANC recently where I was upgraded day before. I preordered a breakfast meal. The FA on the flight told us that the flight was mis-catered as a short haul and the F meal would just be a snack. Stuff happens. We survived the 5+ hour flight and even arrived in ANC a bit early. The AA lounge in DEN and the AL lounge in ANC definitely helped fill the void. The FA was great and dealt with the hand she was given with grace and a bit of humor.
Was the FA's name Jenny Craig? "Dear Passengers, your breakfast has been replaced with a nutritious and filling three hundred calorie snack that will satisfy your appetite for hours."
sltlyamusd and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Aug 9, 22, 9:01 am

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Xrayman View Post
one served with a salad and roll with butter…
That has not always been my experience.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Aug 9, 22, 12:51 pm

My flight last month had a completely empty(!) F seat map 24 hr prior to departure, but still went out completely full with upgraded pax. Everyone was offered a meal and my pre-order around T-23 was honored. At least in that case, F was fully catered.
Ford Fairlane likes this.

Search this Thread