Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Flight search down? Can't see airline partner results

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2022, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: All of them

Has anyone noticed that only Alaska's own flights can be searched on the website?

Gives an error that booking is not possible for any search (cash or miles) involving partner flights.

"We are unable to complete your search request. There may not be flights available for those city pairs or for the time or day of week requested."
Old Jul 14, 2022, 11:06 pm

What are you trying to book?
Old Jul 15, 2022, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ual744777sta
What are you trying to book?
I've done over a dozen test searches for different city pairs just to test it out. For example a simple DFW - NRT doesn't even work. Any city pair where a partner airline is involved, it spits back "no flights available for this city pair"
Old Jul 15, 2022, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Must be you.

Sure you're not doing something like trying to search for round trip returning same day?

Old Jul 15, 2022, 7:50 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Make sure that you have checked "use miles." Otherwise, your search will look for revenue flights. Since AS only markets a very small subset of partner flights on QR, AA & QF, you will get the error message when there are no search results.

With "use miles" checked you will get get the expected results.

Here is an example of an AS Marketed revenue flight DFW-SYD. AS only Markets partner Y flights so in this example only the AS flights connecting to LAX are in F. AS is routing you to LAX since it isn't marketing QF DFW-SYD.

James
Old Jul 15, 2022, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Ok thanks! That explains it. I was searching one-ways with Cash price selected, but I didn't realize Alaska sells so few tickets with partner airlines (compared to AA for example).
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 6:39 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Currently, AS is marketing AA LAX-SYD at a lower price than AA's Basic Economy fare on the same flights & same dates with the added bonus that you earn 100% EQM and with status, you can select MCE on the AA flight at booking.

AS Marketed QF flights on the route are higher and still earn 100% EQM but you wouldn't get the same benefits as you would with the closer AA & AS ties.

James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.