Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Mileage Runs - 20K Away From 75K

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2022, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by RaingerRain

sounds amazing but expensive, what is a round trip now $3k?
Probably like $3600+ (I checked from SEA mostly, but I don’t think the LAX flights are a lot cheaper).

Also, my last rev Condor was exactly two months ago and so far I have not received my miles. Six weeks since I submitted the retro credit, just crickets in response.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 8:24 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

A hint of things to come?

Southwest Is Ready for Fall with Fares as Low as $59 — How to Book (travelandleisure.com)
dgreen12 and mtofell like this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Southwest has a long history of deceptively advertising very low fares while having very little availability. I believe that they have been fined for it a few times.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Southwest has a long history of deceptively advertising very low fares while having very little availability. I believe that they have been fined for it a few times.
Have been tracking flight prices and they are coming down for short hauls once fall hits. Rebooked a lot of my interCA travel and saved a ton off flights starting in mid Sept. Sadly AS increased prices on most of my flights so no savings there but those are mostly medium to transcon.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: mvp75k, DL-0body
Originally Posted by olouie
Have been tracking flight prices and they are coming down for short hauls once fall hits. Rebooked a lot of my interCA travel and saved a ton off flights starting in mid Sept. Sadly AS increased prices on most of my flights so no savings there but those are mostly medium to transcon.
Sorry for the OT, but true that, I paid dearly for my west-east transcon and n/p available are so bad on AS (including cost) , I nearly utilize UA for all my fights.
AS: let get rumbling by fire up some sales, say monthly ?
olouie likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 5:18 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by dayone
Since Russ got traded, AS needs to hire a new Chief Football Officer, so they can offer some promos in the fall.
Maybe they could give us 30% off for every win? Wait, that would still be nothing
Old Jul 14, 2022, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Better prices are still a ways off, your best bet is MR'ing in early December before everyone starts doing VFR travel for Christmas. Nonzero risk of bad weather, but it's probably going to be worth the savings.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 5:50 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Any great segment runs out there? used to be able to to LAX-SJC-LAX-SJC-LAX but not so good anymore. Love to hear of any from LAS but could position anywhere. THX
Old Jul 19, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K MVP, Former United Premier 1K / American EXP
I'm curious about segment runs too. I'm out of IAH and doing a MVP Gold status match (10K) by end of September.

The only caveat is that it can only be AS and not partners.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by HungryNomad
I'm curious about segment runs too. I'm out of IAH and doing a MVP Gold status match (10K) by end of September.

The only caveat is that it can only be AS and not partners.
IAH-SEA-SJC-SAN and return would be ~6000 miles, six segments

IAH-SEA-PDX-HNL and return would be ~10k
HungryNomad likes this.

Last edited by jrl767; Jul 19, 2022 at 8:47 pm
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:34 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
You made me check my flights and I will be at 67,000 organic EOY. I’m 100k and it’s not worth having, can’t find a single use for the two AA upgrades so will make a run at 75k for 2023. I’m PDX based and Alaska has drained Portland to defend Seattle, so very few opportunities for inexpensive transcons. Used to be able to do FLL and BOS but one is gone and the other so limited now. Was hoping AS would match the current $237 RT to most of Hawaii Untied has right now but not seeing it. I do feel AS is way behind on Visa benefits, and I was part of a survey about the card benefits in the past, so wondering if they will do another EQM deal with the Alaska BofA Visa card.

Last edited by Waitlisted; Jul 19, 2022 at 10:48 pm
Old Jul 20, 2022, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Waitlisted
I do feel AS is way behind on Visa benefits, and I was part of a survey about the card benefits in the past, so wondering if they will do another EQM deal with the Alaska BofA Visa card.
You are aware of this “EQM deal” that’s running through the rest of the year right?

Spend $5,000 earn 1,000 EQM on AS Visa Card
Waitlisted likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: 75K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
You are aware of this “EQM deal” that’s running through the rest of the year right?

lol this is a terrible promo, especially after last year's spend $5K get 5K EQM.
HungryNomad likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HangryDad
lol this is a terrible promo, especially after last year's spend $5K get 5K EQM.
It is. I am carefully directing some spend to the AS card that wouldn’t get any category bonus on other cards. And some AS tickets. I am expecting to get 2k EQM from this “deal” , which according to current planning will save me an unnecessary trip to get to MVP (or get me additional flexibility in choosing the airline for some trip without being influenced by status renewal considerations).
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:12 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Originally Posted by notquiteaff

I was not, it seems to be targeted. It’s pretty meager but every 1,000 counts. I do use the Alaska visa some, and in checking my account don’t see I got any bonuses, so assume I don’t qualify.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.