FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Paine Field (PAE) Elite Miles Promotion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/2086078-paine-field-pae-elite-miles-promotion.html)

mtnsider Jul 7, 2022 11:06 am

Paine Field (PAE) Elite Miles Promotion

Please help me interpret these conditions:

Terms and conditions:Mileage Plan™ members who register for this promotion before their first qualifying flight will earn double elite-qualifying miles (EQM's) on their first two (2) nonstop flights between Everett, WA (PAE-Paine Field) and Boise (BOI), Las Vegas (LAS), Orange County (SNA), Palm Springs (PSP), Phoenix (PHX), San Diego (SAN), San Francisco (SFO), Spokane (GEG), or Tucson (TUS) flown between May 22, 2022 and December 31, 2022.

Not valid on free or award travel. Flights must be marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines or on behalf of Alaska Airlines by Horizon or SkyWest. Mileage for qualifying flights must be credited to the member's Mileage Plan account. Bonus elite-qualifying miles awarded as part of this promotion apply only to the number of miles that count toward elite status qualification and will not be available for redemption. All terms and conditions of the Mileage Plan program apply. Offer subject to change without notice.

So, does this apply for the return portion of the trip? If flying first class are all the miles doubled after the first class bonus is applied? Just asking for opinions as I might need one final flight to make 75K this year. Thanks.

PABE Jul 7, 2022 11:20 am

In past promotions for double EQM, both directions have counted. AS always seems to write "between" to indicate such. You should get double of what ever EQMs you would normally get for F.

SeaLuggageLover Jul 7, 2022 11:31 am

Originally Posted by mtnsider (Post 34404853)
Please help me interpret these conditions:

Terms and conditions:Mileage Plan™ members who register for this promotion before their first qualifying flight will earn double elite-qualifying miles (EQM's) on their first two (2) nonstop flights between Everett, WA (PAE-Paine Field) and Boise (BOI), Las Vegas (LAS), Orange County (SNA), Palm Springs (PSP), Phoenix (PHX), San Diego (SAN), San Francisco (SFO), Spokane (GEG), or Tucson (TUS) flown between May 22, 2022 and December 31, 2022.

Not valid on free or award travel. Flights must be marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines or on behalf of Alaska Airlines by Horizon or SkyWest. Mileage for qualifying flights must be credited to the member's Mileage Plan account. Bonus elite-qualifying miles awarded as part of this promotion apply only to the number of miles that count toward elite status qualification and will not be available for redemption. All terms and conditions of the Mileage Plan program apply. Offer subject to change without notice.

So, does this apply for the return portion of the trip? If flying first class are all the miles doubled after the first class bonus is applied? Just asking for opinions as I might need one final flight to make 75K this year. Thanks.

Was this targeted or do you have a link to the promotion? I haven't seen it. I normally fly out of SEA but this peaks my interest.

mtnsider Jul 7, 2022 11:33 am

There's a link on the Alaska main website. Scroll down - it's on the right sidel

mtnsider Jul 7, 2022 11:34 am

You have to register to be eligible.

SeaLuggageLover Jul 7, 2022 11:36 am

Originally Posted by mtnsider (Post 34404939)
There's a link on the Alaska main website. Scroll down - it's on the right sidel

Thank you!

SeaLuggageLover Jul 7, 2022 11:44 am

So am I correct in understanding that 2 round trips from PAE to PDX in paid F would net 8k EQM?

Edited to say I see PDX is not on the list and has no nonstop flights. Off for a second cup of coffee to see if that sharpens my brain.

jrl767 Jul 7, 2022 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by mtnsider (Post 34404942)
You have to register to be eligible.

well cr@p that’s what I get for relying on the iPhone app and not using the full website … flew PAE-SAN RT late last month in F

be_rettSEA Jul 7, 2022 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by SeaLuggageLover (Post 34404983)
So am I correct in understanding that 2 round trips from PAE to PDX in paid F would net 8k EQM?

Edited to say I see PDX is not on the list and has no nonstop flights. Off for a second cup of coffee to see if that sharpens my brain.

And even if there were eligible routes, I interpret the terms to mean it would be double EQM for 1 round-trip (which would include two non-stops), not 2 r/t.

SeaLuggageLover Jul 7, 2022 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by be_rettSEA (Post 34405342)
And even if there were eligible routes, I interpret the terms to mean it would be double EQM for 1 round-trip (which would include two non-stops), not 2 r/t.

I'm glad you pointed that out!

skunker Jul 7, 2022 3:20 pm

For others like me that couldn't find the link here it is: https://www.alaskaair.com/promo/AS2211

jsguyrus Jul 7, 2022 4:29 pm

Thanks for the great tip. A quick PAE-SFO for gold again this year!

nearlysober Jul 7, 2022 4:40 pm

Sweet, flying PAE to PHX next week, could use the extra miles this year to reach Gold. Thanks for posting, would've missed this!

rune87 Jul 8, 2022 12:07 am

Awesome. Thank you. I fly out of PAE to SAN on Sunday. Nice way to add a good chunk of EQMs since I assume this will double the FC bonus.

mtnsider Jul 8, 2022 12:13 am

That’s what I hope. Please post and let everyone know.