Paine Field (PAE) Elite Miles Promotion

Old Jul 19, 2022, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
I read this promo as the first two 1-way flights into or out of PAE will count for this promo; i.e. it does not have to be a round trip ticket nor do the two airports to/from PAE need to be the same. e.g. PHX-PAE/PAE-SFO should work even if booked as two separate 1-way tickets. Am I misinterpreting?
Old Jul 20, 2022, 10:24 am

Just flew SAN-PAE. All mileage credits showed up correctly after the flight was completed. EQM was 2x.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond
Thanks to this thread, I signed up yesterday for the promo since I have a GEG-PAE flight in September.

Well, I did have that flight. Today it was canceled. Guess it is back to GEG-SEA since there are no longer direct flights between GEG and PAE that day. Maybe someday I'll visit PAE...
Old Jul 24, 2022, 5:03 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Originally Posted by RaginPlainsman
Thanks to this thread, I signed up yesterday for the promo since I have a GEG-PAE flight in September.

Well, I did have that flight. Today it was canceled. Guess it is back to GEG-SEA since there are no longer direct flights between GEG and PAE that day. Maybe someday I'll visit PAE...
I would call and see if they are willing to give original routing credit including the bonus. It's not your fault the flight was canceled with no other options that day.
RaginPlainsman and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by SeaLuggageLover
I didn't know it was just announced July 6th. I figured we were just a little slow seeing it here on FT. I should have known better! I agree that this makes a strong case for retroactive credit for anyone who took flights prior to the announcement. If anyone tries, please let us know what happens.
well, I emailed Customer Service about this and just received "sorry, flights before you registered don't qualify"

I have replied "I understand the literal part of your response; however, it's rather odd to announce a promo six weeks after it actually starts ,,, furthermore, AS needs to make sure that the IT department puts these sort of promo announcements on the AS app when they appear on the full website"

we shall see ...
notquiteaff and olouie like this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jrl767
well, I emailed Customer Service about this and just received "sorry, flights before you registered don't qualify"

I have replied "I understand the literal part of your response; however, it's rather odd to announce a promo six weeks after it actually starts ,,, furthermore, AS needs to make sure that the IT department puts these sort of promo announcements on the AS app when they appear on the full website"

we shall see ...
Don't disagree with the announcement timing. But, as promos are designed to influence behavio(u)r, I can certainly understand denial of credit for those who didn't have behavio(u)r influenced by promos of which they knew not.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: Yes

we shall see ...
Does anyone remember when AS would exercise some reasonable flexibility and leeway while assisting elites? I miss those days. The more common AS-pax interaction now seems to be less generous or helpful.

I am team jrl767 on this one. 🤙🏻🍹
Old Aug 11, 2022, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by anteater
Does anyone remember when AS would exercise some reasonable flexibility and leeway while assisting elites? I miss those days. The more common AS-pax interaction now seems to be less generous or helpful.

I am team jrl767 on this one. 🤙🏻🍹
What is surprising here is the relative de minimis amount of benefit of the promo, and how it isn't really costing AS much of anything, and still denying credit. I just understand the justification for the denial.
anteater likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...

we shall see ...
I sure hope they don't need the IT department to do anything to get a marketing message out to customers.

But it seems like someone dropped the ball here, and the least they should have done at the time of discovery (when they finally published the promo) is that they should have adjusted the promo dates to avoid annoying customers who they perhaps intended to be delighted with the offer.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 10:38 pm

Thanks skunker!
Old Aug 25, 2022, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by rune87
This is correct. So on a PAE-SAN run I earned an extra 1081 miles. It didn't double COS.
Thank you for the clarification - so from a MR perspective, to maximize EQM, the promo offers no extra benefit in paying extra for F?
Old Sep 27, 2022, 7:49 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
What about the new PAE-ANC flight? Would those be eligible for the bonus EQM? Would I need to flying in and out of PAE to get the double EQMs or could I fly PAE-ANC, ANC-SEA?
Old Sep 27, 2022, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by lalala
What about the new PAE-ANC flight? Would those be eligible for the bonus EQM? Would I need to flying in and out of PAE to get the double EQMs or could I fly PAE-ANC, ANC-SEA?
ANC isn't yet formally listed as being included in the promo, but in another FT thread someone said they called and received confirmation that it's valid. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34567169-post73.html

The promo counts for your first 2 non-stop flights between PAE and the listed cities, so you'd only receive the EQM bonus on the PAE-ANC leg (assuming ANC is indeed included).
Old Sep 28, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by deal
ANC isn't yet formally listed as being included in the promo, but in another FT thread someone said they called and received confirmation that it's valid. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34567169-post73.html

The promo counts for your first 2 non-stop flights between PAE and the listed cities, so you'd only receive the EQM bonus on the PAE-ANC leg (assuming ANC is indeed included).
ah, got it. I am okay buying on F ticket to ANC via PAE and coming back to SEA if possible as long as that ONE leg gets the EQM bonus for F and double miles for that one leg. I may book another PAE-PHX leg as a back up in the event some of my work travel is cancelled and I'm short of miles.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by deal

According to the twitters, ANC is not included. Considering the TUS non stop is now gone, I asked about PAE-BOI-TUS? Would I get Double EQM for the PAE-BOI leg or all the way to TUS

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.