Paine Field (PAE) Elite Miles Promotion

Old Jul 8, 2022, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SeaLuggageLover
So am I correct in understanding that 2 round trips from PAE to PDX in paid F would net 8k EQM?

Edited to say I see PDX is not on the list and has no nonstop flights. Off for a second cup of coffee to see if that sharpens my brain.
I would have totally flown this if PDX flights existed...how are there flights to GEG and BOI but not PDX?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Is there any way to get this to work retroactively?

I just flew in/out of PAE on Sunday and then saw this post.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Originally Posted by discoverCSG
Is there any way to get this to work retroactively?

I just flew in/out of PAE on Sunday and then saw this post.
I doubt it since it specifically says registration is necessary but the only way to find out for sure is to call and ask.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines 100K MVP, Oneworld Emerald, Marriott Titanium
It’s a good question about retroactively applying the promotion. The rules indicate that the promotion started May 22 but the announcement of promotion only came out on July 6. I also didn’t read the fine print of first two flights. I thought it was every flight through the end of the year. Bummer
Old Jul 9, 2022, 10:21 am

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Originally Posted by lattegirl13
It’s a good question about retroactively applying the promotion. The rules indicate that the promotion started May 22 but the announcement of promotion only came out on July 6. I also didn’t read the fine print of first two flights. I thought it was every flight through the end of the year. Bummer
I didn't know it was just announced July 6th. I figured we were just a little slow seeing it here on FT. I should have known better! I agree that this makes a strong case for retroactive credit for anyone who took flights prior to the announcement. If anyone tries, please let us know what happens.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 7:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Well, after I posted the question about retroactive bonus EQMs, I registered for the promotion even though I very likely won't go within 1000 miles of PAE during the rest of the window.

Today I looked at my EQM count (for a different reason) and the number was several thousand higher than I thought it should be. With a mix of Y and paid J/F fares on AS and partners, and the lack of EQM itemization on the website/app, it's hard to tell what happened. But something happened.

Anybody else have anything to report?
Old Jul 11, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75k
Originally Posted by discoverCSG
Well, after I posted the question about retroactive bonus EQMs, I registered for the promotion even though I very likely won't go within 1000 miles of PAE during the rest of the window.

Today I looked at my EQM count (for a different reason) and the number was several thousand higher than I thought it should be. With a mix of Y and paid J/F fares on AS and partners, and the lack of EQM itemization on the website/app, it's hard to tell what happened. But something happened.

Anybody else have anything to report?
I'm flying from PAE today. I registered last week. I'll let you know what they give me.
Update: no bonus miles, just the regular miles. Guess I'll have to call them

Further update: the way the web site displays the data can be a little confusing. So it turns out i did get double EQM. But the mileage activity does not show that, but the accumulated total is correct.

Last edited by SimonT007; Jul 11, 2022 at 6:41 pm
Old Jul 11, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
My Bonus Miles posted at the same time that the actual flight miles posted. Pretty nice bonus.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 7:55 pm

The T&C don't seem to specify further, but say I take a flight PAE-SFO-SNA, does that mean for EQM I get double the PAE-SFO + 500 (SFO-SNA)? Because the PAE-SFO is direct, right?
Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by rune87
My Bonus Miles posted at the same time that the actual flight miles posted. Pretty nice bonus.
Which fare class did you have? So it doubled the 1.5 or 2 and you got 3 or 4x miles flown?

Seems like there are flights from PAE to GEG or BOI, which would get 500 miles cause they are short, at $109 for I-fare, which is 1.5x eqm. So $109 for 1500 eqm.
PAE to SFO is $159 711 miles, I-fare, so $159 for 2133 eqm.
Or if you get a saver fare for $69 SFO PAE round-trip is 2844 eqm.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: aa
How does the class of service bonus work with the double miles promotion?

According to the Double Miles FAQ

Class of Service Bonuses will be earned in addition to double miles, but will not be doubled.

Would a RT PAE-SAN in F would calculate as 1081 miles flown + 1081 "double miles" + 1081 Class of service = 3243 miles x 2 for the RT for 6486?
Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by questionman
How does the class of service bonus work with the double miles promotion?

According to the Double Miles FAQ

Class of Service Bonuses will be earned in addition to double miles, but will not be doubled.

Would a RT PAE-SAN in F would calculate as 1081 miles flown + 1081 "double miles" + 1081 Class of service = 3243 miles x 2 for the RT for 6486?
Promotion T&Cs state "...earn double elite-qualifying miles (EQM's)...", no mention of COS, so I believe you are correct.

Looks like I may be doings some MRs this fall, found a couple of days in November, pulled the trigger on an overnight RT PAE-SAN in F. Still on the fence if I will actually need the miles, end up making the trip.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 12:18 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by diver858
Promotion T&Cs state "...earn double elite-qualifying miles (EQM's)...", no mention of COS, so I believe you are correct.

Looks like I may be doings some MRs this fall, found a couple of days in November, pulled the trigger on an overnight RT PAE-SAN in F. Still on the fence if I will actually need the miles, end up making the trip.
Just remember, the way it's written you will only get double EQM for the 1st round trip, so no point doing more to PAE.
be_rettSEA and Gallibep like this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by diver858

This is correct. So on a PAE-SAN run I earned an extra 1081 miles. It didn't double COS.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by rune87
This is correct. So on a PAE-SAN run I earned an extra 1081 miles. It didn't double COS.
Bummer – but thank you for confirming.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.