Wiki Posts
Search

AS 131 (DAL-SFO) Canceled on 7/2/2022

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2022, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP100k Hilton Diamond
AS 131 (DAL-SFO) Canceled on 7/2/2022

Hi guys yesterday while I was at Dallas Love my flight was canceled do to a mechanical issue, it was first delayed 3 hours btw. Our bags were returned and we ended up on a new flight 9201 today, I had to get a hotel and rent a car again for 1 more day, I got an email from customer care saying I got only $150 code for my next flight seems kind of low any suggestions? Im kinda new here so …
Old Jul 3, 2022, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DannyDD
Hi guys yesterday while I was at Dallas Love my flight was canceled do to a mechanical issue, it was first delayed 3 hours btw. Our bags were returned and we ended up on a new flight 9201 today, I had to get a hotel and rent a car again for 1 more day, I got an email from customer care saying I got only $150 code for my next flight seems kind of low any suggestions? Im kinda new here so …
You can ask them to reimburse your expenses. Call customer care.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 7:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by DannyDD
They should at least get your hotel if it was their fault that led to the extra night. I wouldn’t expect them to do anything for the car though, since you probably didn’t technically need it.

AS is notoriously cheap when it comes to this kind of thing. Usually if you push it they will come through, but they like to placate people with a discount code in the hopes that it will be enough to make the average consumer happy enough to forget about the issue.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've actually found them to be generous but that was pre-covid; not sure if that's changed.

A cancellation at the airport is very different from a schedule change in advance.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
AS gave me a choice between $200 or actual. Considering I had to send in receipts and wait, and my actual hotel was less than $200/night, I took the former. I did not rent a car. Just took the hotel shuttle to/from - literally just a few hours of overnight.

This was ex-SFO
Old Jul 4, 2022, 10:40 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
I am actually way more interested in the fact they put you on a 9xxx flight. Little details like that give a little insight into how the whole operation works. I wonder if it's because it was the next day and they didn't want duplicate flight numbers?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by navydevildoc
I am actually way more interested in the fact they put you on a 9xxx flight. Little details like that give a little insight into how the whole operation works. I wonder if it's because it was the next day and they didn't want duplicate flight numbers?
I wondered this too, but different airlines may have different policies. My friend was delayed 26 hr on AA and they just kept the same flight number, so technically two flights with the same number were operating to lhr at the same time.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
My SEA-SMF was cancelled 6 hrs before 6pm departure on Sun. Booked on 11am flight in Monday. There were 4 of us in 1st class. AS reimbursed for additional hotel, rental car, dinner, breakfast, hotel parking and airport parking. Our pet sitter doesn't give receipts and I didn't want bother with making one. We each also got $250 discount code.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by GumboCook
My SEA-SMF was cancelled 6 hrs before 6pm departure on Sun. Booked on 11am flight in Monday. There were 4 of us in 1st class. AS reimbursed for additional hotel, rental car, dinner, breakfast, hotel parking and airport parking. Our pet sitter doesn't give receipts and I didn't want bother with making one. We each also got $250 discount code.
Did they do it automatically or did you have to advocate for it?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL UA AA AS WN
Is Alaska pulling out of Dallas Love?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Brown1000
Is Alaska pulling out of Dallas Love?
No.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
Originally Posted by Chugach
Did they do it automatically or did you have to advocate for it?
when I called to try and get a different flight out on Sunday on Delta or SWA the supervisor couldn't find availability and mentioned AS would pay for my expenses due to the flight cancelation. Just send in the receipts to customer care. I emailed them with copies of my receipts and requested all my miles I used for the tickets due to all the inconveniences.
after about a month they replied back that they couldn't do that but gave each of us a $250 code. My wife and I missed a day of work, my daughter missed 1 day of school and 2 tests, and her BFF missed 1 day of school and 1 tests. Didnt really feel like AS cared one bit.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 9:54 am

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Originally Posted by GumboCook
when I called to try and get a different flight out on Sunday on Delta or SWA the supervisor couldn't find availability and mentioned AS would pay for my expenses due to the flight cancelation. Just send in the receipts to customer care. I emailed them with copies of my receipts and requested all my miles I used for the tickets due to all the inconveniences.
after about a month they replied back that they couldn't do that but gave each of us a $250 code. My wife and I missed a day of work, my daughter missed 1 day of school and 2 tests, and her BFF missed 1 day of school and 1 tests. Didnt really feel like AS cared one bit.
I'm just impressed you heard back in a month. I'm still waiting to hear back about a canceled flight I emailed about in May.
UtilityGuy likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by SeaLuggageLover
I'm just impressed you heard back in a month. I'm still waiting to hear back about a canceled flight I emailed about in May.
Same. 7 weeks today and no reply yet.

Last edited by UtilityGuy; Jul 6, 2022 at 11:34 am Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.