Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

You've been given complimentary MVP Gold 75K status

You've been given complimentary MVP Gold 75K status

Old Jun 25, 22, 1:09 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jjclancy View Post
Iíll bet you flew a trip booked by your employer earlier this year.
I'd bet a million dollars 😂 No only do I not have a job currently, but in my prior role all travel was banned at the start of COVID. I haven't been on a business paid flight in something like 2.5 years.
Old Jun 25, 22, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by missamo80 View Post
I got a mail gifting me MVP Gold and received the GGUs in my account with a 12/31/2023 expiry date. I was happy to get the mail but also amused: I've been unemployed for almost a year now.
I've been unemployed for almost 2 years! They should give me 100k.
missamo80 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 22, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS G75k, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by VegasGambler View Post
I've been unemployed for almost 2 years! They should give me 100k.
Almost four years. I should qualify for lifetime something.
Old Jun 25, 22, 5:31 pm
formerly TheStrangerIn29K

Programs: AS MVPG100K | oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by noah View Post
Alaska must be working extra hard to retain business travelers given this email. My MVP 75K status was extended during the pandemic but I didn't fly enough to retain it earlier this year -- so I dropped down to MVP -- but looks like I'm back to 75K thanks to my employer. Spoiler alert: This probably won't impact my travel very much as I've already booked 50K on Delta the rest of this year but for the few regional flights planned on AS this is nice to have.
I suppose this is all to try to prevent or reverse exactly your situation, pulling business travel dollars back to AS by enticing business travelers formerly with status to pick AS instead when corp travel policies allow. If corp is paying for it and it's allowable per policy, sure, I might switch business flights to fly up front and get some Peatos or whatever if that's better than what I'd have elsewhere.

The 2023 expiry is for the GGUs not the status. Status expires at the end of 2022.
I've never had a corporate email in my AS profile.
This is puzzling me a bit. But did you have your MP number in a corporate planning tool or system? You were somehow identifiable as flying in a corp travel program of some sort, right?

I'm certainly not begruding any of you who got this deal. I think I'm trying to figure out how to set myself up for similar in the future.

My question: Those of you who got this deal, for your prior status, how much of the travel you qualified with was business travel? All? Most? A single SEA/PDX RT and the rest leisure travel?

Self-interested angle, just in case they do this again in a couple years: I've been working for a couple of the aforementioned hyphenated -*** companies for many years, but I never travel for work (quite often to get *away* from work, though). I'm 100K now and on track for 75K next year. But the amount of travel I expect to pay for in CY2023 is quite low (it's time to start traveling more on RDM).

I'm wondering if finagling even a single work-related trip this year or next, booked through corp's reservation tool, would put me on the list for this extended status should they do it again in 2024.
Old Jun 26, 22, 7:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Ford Fairlane View Post
This is puzzling me a bit. But did you have your MP number in a corporate planning tool or system? You were somehow identifiable as flying in a corp travel program of some sort, right?
Yes, Concur had my MP number in it when I booked.

My question: Those of you who got this deal, for your prior status, how much of the travel you qualified with was business travel? All? Most? A single SEA/PDX RT and the rest leisure travel?
Almost all of it, however I made MVPG status flying internationally on partner airlines. Very few of my trips were domestic.
Ford Fairlane likes this.
Old Jun 26, 22, 10:57 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
I just wish our medium sized company got these kind of deals. We get slightly discounted fares, but no real perks for employees.
Old Jun 26, 22, 11:06 am

Programs: AS MVP
I was wondering why I was suddenly back to MVP status in the app, and when I saw this thread sure enough I had the same email.

There have been a couple employer-specific promos that needed my corporate email address that I've signed up my account with over the past few years, one with a former employer and one with a current, so that may be how they linked my account. I've also booked some flights through my employer before, though none this year.

In any case I have a bunch of travel coming up in the next 2 months so this is a nice bonus!
Old Jun 26, 22, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA, AS, TZ, UA, Clipper, EZ-Link, Hop, Navigo, Octopus, Oyster
Yes, Concur had my MP number in it when I booked.
I made MVPG status flying internationally on partner airlines. Very few of my trips were domestic.
Same. 75K status obtained primarily from work-related BA premium cabin flights credited to AS.
Zero business travel during 2020 and 2021. First business trip since 2019 tomorrow! (Short haul AS.)
missamo80 and Ford Fairlane like this.

Search this Thread