Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Change Your Flight for Exclusive Rewards! (Nominal Travel Credit)

Change Your Flight for Exclusive Rewards! (Nominal Travel Credit)

Old Sep 20, 22, 1:07 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Got my first one today - this time for $75 to change from a Sun 9/25 to Mon 9/26 or Wed 9/28 flight (LAX-IAD).

Anyone have any idea how long these offers are valid for? If I wait until the day before or of my current flight, will it still be an option? Also, will AS claw back the credit if I end up canceling the new flight altogether?
Old Sep 21, 22, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA View Post
Got my first one today - this time for $75 to change from a Sun 9/25 to Mon 9/26 or Wed 9/28 flight (LAX-IAD).

Anyone have any idea how long these offers are valid for? If I wait until the day before or of my current flight, will it still be an option? Also, will AS claw back the credit if I end up canceling the new flight altogether?
I believe the T&Cs specify the offer expires in 24 hours
Old Sep 21, 22, 7:53 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by jona970318 View Post
they are open until closed. Ive clicked on it 3 days later and it still worked. Ive clicked on it next day and it said no longer available.
Old Sep 22, 22, 12:00 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by jona970318 View Post
Ah, yeah, it does say that in the email terms. Missed it initially.

Originally Posted by Xrayman View Post
they are open until closed. Ive clicked on it 3 days later and it still worked. Ive clicked on it next day and it said no longer available.
In my case, clicking on it now (2.5 days later), it shows as expired. Oh well!
Old Sep 24, 22, 9:32 am

Programs: lots of little things
This looks to be the program in more detail. https://simpleflying.com/alaska-airl...ting-millions/

Seeking confirmed travelers on high-demand flights to move to those less popular, specifically to resell the popular seat close-in. Not necessarily overbooked and needing people off, which explains flights continuing to sell. I'm guessing moving the early -booked leisure traveler hoping to sell to business travelers close in is the bread and butter.

Seems like it could be a win-win if the traveler has any desire to change flights already and now can avoid any difference in fare.
williwaw likes this.
Old Sep 24, 22, 11:07 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Seems like a really smart program
Old Oct 7, 22, 10:50 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Are your plans flexible? Email

Is this new? I searched and found an AA post from March 2022 that said they have done it for a while, but couldnt find any reference to AS sending these out. As of a week or two ago, I was still receiving the volunteer for flight credit emails that are handled at the gate.

The website

The email
Old Oct 7, 22, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, WN A-List, Hilto Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
$55? And to imagine I thought UA was cheap offering $200 for an advance change.
Old Oct 7, 22, 11:11 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Two friends of mine (I booked their tickets so I got the emails and app notifications on Wednesday) were offered $700 to change their flight yesterday to the same flight today. They had to get home so they couldn't take it. It killed me when they turned it down.
Old Oct 7, 22, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by Air Houston View Post
$55? And to imagine I thought UA was cheap offering $200 for an advance change.
According to the AA thread from March on these emails, they used to offer it complimentary lol

Originally Posted by Finkface View Post
Two friends of mine (I booked their tickets so I got the emails and app notifications) were offered $700 to change their flight yesterday to the same flight today. They had to be home so they couldn't take it. It killed me when they turned it down.
Was it this type of email or the usual one where youre only added to a list handled at the gate? Im wondering if the previous overbooked emails are going away in favor of this type of up front offer. $55 is a joke, but I understand them going for the lowest bidder first.
Old Oct 7, 22, 11:18 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by imaflyertalkuserwow View Post
Was it this type of email or the usual one where youre only added to a list handled at the gate? Im wondering if the previous overbooked emails are going away in favor of this type of up front offer. $55 is a joke, but I understand them going for the lowest bidder first.
The same email. It offered them the same flight the following day (today).
Old Oct 7, 22, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface View Post
The same email. It offered them the same flight the following day (today).
Good to know, thanks. Im guessing the offers are dynamic as the email says the offer expires in 24hrs or when enough people have accepted.

I will say, despite the paltry offer, I prefer being able to accept an offer beforehand rather than at the gate.
Old Oct 8, 22, 12:25 am

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Is this new? No, I got about a half dozen last year. I am flying AS this Wednesday SFO-SNA and got the email to change to the following day. Was offered $25. I know I will be upgraded to the front as there are 5 seats available and only 3 in the back. Gone are the days of Dr. Dao being kicked off a UA flight and being offered $1K plus.
Old Oct 8, 22, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by minhaoxue View Post
Is this new? No, I got about a half dozen last year.
Thanks for the DP. I got zero until now.
Old Oct 8, 22, 3:27 am
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
https://simpleflying.com/alaska-airl...ting-millions/

Search this Thread