Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Change Your Flight for Exclusive Rewards! (Nominal Travel Credit)

Change Your Flight for Exclusive Rewards! (Nominal Travel Credit)

Old Jul 13, 22, 2:15 pm

I was offered $45 for a recent flight. Somewhat surprising considering there appeared to be close to a dozen open seats, so didn’t seem like an over sold situation at first glance. I actually accepted it as the next departure was within a couple hours of my original itinerary. But I haven’t received any follow up emails from them with a voucher. Any ideas on when that comes through?
Old Jul 14, 22, 12:35 am
Community Director

My husband received a $45 offer to change an internal California flight next Tuesday. I'm on the same record as we used a companion cert. No mention was made of me. The offered flight is 24 hours earlier. The seat map shows a comparable number of open seats in coach; more seats in First for the earlier flight. We are both 100K flyers so at no risk from being bumped from our desired day of travel. We are ignoring the offer.

Conditions are different than posted above. His email states:

Offer expires 24 hours after delivery or when maximum number of acceptances is reached, whichever is earliest. Alternate flights are subject to availability at time of acceptance. Offer only available via this email.

Certificates are valid for one year from issue date. Tickets must be purchased prior to expiration date. Certificates cannot be bartered or sold. Any attempt to do so will result in forfeiture of the certificate. Certificates must be redeemed on alaskaair.com. Full terms and conditions can be found here.
Old Jul 15, 22, 5:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL silver, Marriott silver
I got another offer, with a different subject but the identical format. This time it was for $165, to switch a 7/6 flight to 7/8. I didn't really want to give up my weekend, so kept the flight, but what really got me was my 7/7 flight was $519 (!!!) and the 7/8 flights they were offering me were available for $289. The $165 offer doesn't give you the fare difference, so this was a horrible offer, since a cancel and re-book would get me $230 savings that I wouldn't need to call for a voucher.

This definitely feels like a marketing experiment to figure out the price point where people will switch out of popular flight times.
Old Jul 17, 22, 8:30 pm

This is getting strange. I got an offer to change my inter-CA flight for $45 credit. Meanwhile the flights got cheaper by about $100 since I booked. Seems like either AS has some screws loose or the algo is messing up.
Old Jul 17, 22, 8:39 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
So let's say they give me the option to take a later flight that day in exchange of a $50 cert. I click accept and get the $50, then I can SDC it back to my original flight right?
Old Jul 17, 22, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by 985X View Post
So let's say they give me the option to take a later flight that day in exchange of a $50 cert. I click accept and get the $50, then I can SDC it back to my original flight right?
The offer expires 24 hours from email. But if there is open space day or I don’t see why not haha.
Old Jul 26, 22, 11:32 pm

Programs: AS, WN, CSR
These really are all over the place. RT flight coming up SFO-PAE. Get the email for the way up for $55 and option to fly 2 hours earlier. Sold. Easy. But just got one for the return... $35 and the options were 2 and 3 days later! Pass. I get their system isn't programmed yet to even check SEA options but oof.
Old Jul 27, 22, 8:45 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Got 155$ offer on a flight I already was planning to cancel. Easy money.

Don’t cancel your flights until the very last minute everyone
mikew99, ACBLtd and econ like this.

Last edited by TravelingZoomer; Jul 27, 22 at 8:59 am
Old Jul 27, 22, 8:58 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer View Post
Got 155$ offer on a flight I already was planning to cancel. Easy money.

Don’t cancel your flights until the very last min it e everyone
did you actually get it and how “easy” was it ?? How much time on phone ?
Old Jul 27, 22, 9:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by Xrayman View Post
did you actually get it and how “easy” was it ?? How much time on phone ?
No time on the phone. I swapped out a transcon for a later date they offered, put in the information for the bonus certificate, and cancelled my ticket with the travel funds in my wallet
chrisl137 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 22, 9:51 am

Programs: lots of little things
Originally Posted by anhuang19 View Post
Reading this comment made me go look back at the voucher email. If I was careless I would've just stopped reading at the validity date, but then as you read further down theres a section that states you need to redeem them within 30 days of issuance. Food for thought as to what this program/offer really amounts to.

The certificates are valid for one year as the "Jun 22 2023" date at the top of your email, and initial offer said. You have 30 days to complete the process of claiming the certificate.
sltlyamusd, olouie and ACBLtd like this.
Old Jul 28, 22, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.5MM; AS MVPG 75K
yeah, no

this past Sun I got an offer of $35 to change Fri evening IAD-SEA to Thurs evening (sorry, gotta go in to the Pentagon for work on Fri), Fri 1130am (sorry, couldn’t do that even if it left from DCA; if they’d offered the 540pm DCA flight I *might* have thought about it), Sat evening (sorry, having left on a Sun redeye I’m really not interested in spending another night in a hotel), Sun evening (ditto), or Mon evening (uh, I have SEA-LAX on Mon)

update: AS3 cancelled on Fri night, so I’d have been totally hosed

Last edited by jrl767; Jul 31, 22 at 12:15 pm
Old Jul 31, 22, 10:55 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Was offered again for an opportunity to leave a day earlier which was actually more desirable. Easily changed the flight.

Tried to self claim the credit and once again didn’t work and would require me to call the customer care service line. At least it’s consistent, 100% of the time, now 7/7.
Old Jul 31, 22, 11:29 am

Ya mine didn’t work online. I guess I’ll have to call.
Old Jul 31, 22, 8:19 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt, BonWhut?
Mine didn't work either. Guess I'll call tomorrow am.

Search this Thread