Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

FQTS on Singapore Airlines with FQTV on Alaska

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2022, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver

This may be a niche question...

Has anybody put a Kris Flyer number for FQTS while putting their AS number for FQTV on a Singapore Airlines flight?
Any issues directly receiving the AS miles?
Old Jun 10, 2022, 7:43 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
This may be a niche question...

Has anybody put a Kris Flyer number for FQTS while putting their AS number for FQTV on a Singapore Airlines flight?
Any issues directly receiving the AS miles?
This is niche yes. I think the answer depends more on how SQ systems handle FQTS than anything on the AS side. I don't see why the question would have a different answer if you substitute AS for another SQ partner.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by Quail
This is niche yes. I think the answer depends more on how SQ systems handle FQTS than anything on the AS side. I don't see why the question would have a different answer if you substitute AS for another SQ partner.
Because different airlines hookup their system differently....
Things that easily post on AA do not do so on AS and many other examples exist....
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Reporting on my first experience. The FQTS posted within 5 days and the Alaska FQTV after 6 days.
unlike most other partners, it posted on Monday and not Wednesday
Old Jun 21, 2022, 8:15 am

So if I'm a *G on UA and want to credit SQ flights to AS but use the lounges how do I go about that.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Theoretically it is the same as example above - just leave AS the same as above, and swap SQ for UA.

If it's swiping into lounge- could be easier just presenting your status membership card and BP at the *G lounge entrance.
ual744777sta likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ual744777sta
So if I'm a *G on UA and want to credit SQ flights to AS but use the lounges how do I go about that.
Originally Posted by pWei
Theoretically it is the same as example above - just leave AS the same as above, and swap SQ for UA.

If it's swiping into lounge- could be easier just presenting your status membership card and BP at the *G lounge entrance.
I am not sure if it is possible to put FQTS as UA with FQTV as AS. You could give it a try. But, as pWei says, I think showing your status membership card should do the trick. Unless (and funnily, that's what AS does) the lounge-operating airline requires that the *G program be on the flight record. Then, maybe if SQ allows to put UA as FQTS, it would help. It's uncertain though. My BPs had printed: "AS KFEG #########" where the #s are for my AS number. I presume KFEG stands for KrissFlyer Elite Gold?

SQ is rather unique in allowing to get PPS status even when earning the RDM on another airline. PPS is *G. To my knowledge, it is however not possible to get SQ Gold status when getting the RDM on another airline.
SQ PPS is spending based, while SQ EG is mileage based.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 3:37 pm

Yes, you probably needed the right agent to do it.

I had an agent that said she did it - but so far, I only got AS credit, no PPS credit. No KFEG on BP as well, just AS number.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pWei
Yes, you probably needed the right agent to do it.

I had an agent that said she did it - but so far, I only got AS credit, no PPS credit. No KFEG on BP as well, just AS number.
I went into the SQ office in Singapore to get it done. I am very happy the lady there did it correctly.
If the person does it correctly, it seems the record should appear in your KF booking list and yet still say that the FF# is AS.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Ambassador/LT Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I just tried to do this while flying EWR-SIN. The agent at EWR seemed confused, but the supervisor came over and said very confidently that she fixed it and everything should be good. I was nervous that my boarding pass only showed KF, but when I logged in to the website the flight now appeared under my bookings and it still showed my UA number. Now the flight has completed, and it seems maybe the did it backwards? The miles got credited to KF, and on the KF website under "Recent Activities" it lists the PPS value as "-". The UA earnings are trivial, but the flight was worth nearly 10,000 PPS and I'd hate to leave that on the table. Am I pretty much screwed or is there any path to getting either the UA side or the PPS side fixed now?
Old Sep 13, 2022, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by must_wander
I just tried to do this while flying EWR-SIN. The agent at EWR seemed confused, but the supervisor came over and said very confidently that she fixed it and everything should be good. I was nervous that my boarding pass only showed KF, but when I logged in to the website the flight now appeared under my bookings and it still showed my UA number. Now the flight has completed, and it seems maybe the did it backwards? The miles got credited to KF, and on the KF website under "Recent Activities" it lists the PPS value as "-". The UA earnings are trivial, but the flight was worth nearly 10,000 PPS and I'd hate to leave that on the table. Am I pretty much screwed or is there any path to getting either the UA side or the PPS side fixed now?
What does crediting to UA and SQ have to do with the AS forum?
Old Sep 13, 2022, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Ambassador/LT Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
What does crediting to UA and SQ have to do with the AS forum?
Oops, sorry, totally missed that - this was the only recent thread about crediting mileage to one program and spend to PPS. I'll post a new thread instead on the SQ forum.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 9:23 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
I am not sure if it is possible to put FQTS as UA with FQTV as AS. You could give it a try. But, as pWei says, I think showing your status membership card should do the trick. Unless (and funnily, that's what AS does) the lounge-operating airline requires that the *G program be on the flight record. Then, maybe if SQ allows to put UA as FQTS, it would help. It's uncertain though. My BPs had printed: "AS KFEG #########" where the #s are for my AS number. I presume KFEG stands for KrissFlyer Elite Gold?

SQ is rather unique in allowing to get PPS status even when earning the RDM on another airline. PPS is *G. To my knowledge, it is however not possible to get SQ Gold status when getting the RDM on another airline.
SQ PPS is spending based, while SQ EG is mileage based.
Definitely a niche situation. SQ PPS is *G, so it is pointless to get KF *G as well. Indeed, you can double dip between spend and mileage-based status with SQ and AS.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Just another experience. On the return flight, things went correctly again and miles posted to AS on Monday again.

SQ miles posted! It must be Monday!
Old Sep 14, 2022, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by must_wander
Maybe submit BP for retro PPS credit?

I didn't care about PPS credit as I wasn't flying enough on SQ to matter anyway. And given their A380 biz; wouldn't choose them as a preferred choice either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.