Wiki Posts
Search

No First menu available 12 days out?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2022, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
No First menu available 12 days out?

We are booked on an SJC to Seattle flight for June 5. I went to pre-order meals and it says “no First Class menu available”. Does this mean they are just late in entering the menus, or there won’t be food, or maybe this is a flight that might get canceled?
Old May 25, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Sorry, I don't have current information on what's available but I would guess there will be a snack. I see that both Alaska mainline and Horizon operates SEA SJC flights. Minimally, it will be a bagged snacks, otherwise I would expect a sandwich or salad. I would inquire at gate for better advice.

Jiburi
Old May 25, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by enzian
We are booked on an SJC to Seattle flight for June 5. I went to pre-order meals and it says “no First Class menu available”. Does this mean they are just late in entering the menus, or there won’t be food, or maybe this is a flight that might get canceled?
I’ve got the same issue on HNL-SAN in the same time frame. It may just be that they are behind on loading June menus into the system.
Old May 25, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: AS, DL
Originally Posted by twitch76
I’ve got the same issue on HNL-SAN in the same time frame. It may just be that they are behind on loading June menus into the system.
Same here, PDX-Hawaii inside of two weeks and no menu.
Old May 25, 2022, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Interesting. We have had a meal on this flight before, so expected it here. We are flying down on Skywest to San Luis Obispo, and that menu was available.

If you folks are missing menus for flights to or from Hawaii, that is serious! We can go without food on our short SJC to SEA flight if we have to; it just makes for a late dinner at home.

And now a looming strike by the pilots. . . . I guess food is the least of our worries.
Old May 25, 2022, 5:45 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by enzian
Interesting. We have had a meal on this flight before, so expected it here. We are flying down on Skywest to San Luis Obispo, and that menu was available.

If you folks are missing menus for flights to or from Hawaii, that is serious! We can go without food on our short SJC to SEA flight if we have to; it just makes for a late dinner at home.

And now a looming strike by the pilots. . . . I guess food is the least of our worries.
I have backup flights booked with points on SW for this particular set of flights. Not because a strike will happen by the time we go, but because there could be enough operational disruption that I don’t want to leave it to chance.

I can always grab something at the airport… but sure would like something served on the plane.
Old May 25, 2022, 8:36 pm

My menu just posted
Old May 25, 2022, 9:16 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by twitch76
My menu just posted
Care to post in What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2022) - FlyerTalk Forums?

If there are new choices, it would be helpful to other members. (Most) FTers love food posts.
twitch76 likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Our menus just posted today for the SJC to SEA flight. It is the same salad/antipasto plates as when we flew SJC to SEA 5 weeks ago, but earlier in the day. We liked them.
twitch76 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.