Wiki Posts
Search

Phantom Upgrade Messages

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2022, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold (ex-75K), Bonvoy Titanium, Recovering United 1K
Phantom Upgrade Messages

A few weeks ago I was upgraded to 2D on a flight which I ended up canceling. I kept receiving messages from the app on my phone that I was "Now sitting in 2D", which I chalked up to a minor bug that would resolve itself after the flight, but then I kept getting them, in some cases every hour. This went on for a few weeks so I ended up deleting the app and reinstalling which seemed to fix it. But now they have started again...still with 2D. Will end up deleting and reinstalling but just wondering if others have seen this? I tried searching but didn't see anything. i'm on the latest version of iOS.
Old May 22, 2022, 8:52 pm

Programs: AS 75K
I think the mystery of people not getting upgrades properly has been solved.... Turns out cpworld is getting them all

As for your question, I've got nothing. Trying to figure out Alaska IT is like arguing with my wife. I usually go away more confused than when I started.
Old May 23, 2022, 7:14 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I’ve been getting the same thing, except for me it’s seat 27D. 🤷‍♂️
Old May 23, 2022, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mtofell
I think the mystery of people not getting upgrades properly has been solved.... Turns out cpworld is getting them all

As for your question, I've got nothing. Trying to figure out Alaska IT is like arguing with my wife. I usually go away more confused than when I started.
I wish! If it happens when I have no upcoming flight I still get a shot of adrenaline, but when I do have an upcoming flight, and I know there is no space I end up cursing myself since I appeared to have stolen my own upgrade!
mtofell likes this.

Last edited by cpworld; May 26, 2022 at 5:38 pm
Old May 24, 2022, 12:59 am

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by cpworld
I wish! If it happens when I have no upcoming flight I still get a shot of adrenaline, but when I do not have an upcoming flight, and I know there is no space I end up cursing myself since I appeared to have stolen my own upgrade!
The worst is the day or two before a flight and you get an email from Alaska.... Awesome, here's my upgrade (I'm thinking) only to read it and find yet another "great" offer to buy bonus miles!
notquiteaff and be_rettSEA like this.
Old May 24, 2022, 4:50 pm

And I keep getting these seat upgrade alerts for a flight that occurred *four* weeks ago. I've reinstalled app. Still getting 'em.
Old May 25, 2022, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
No wonder I am not getting my Condor miles. The Alaska PDP-11 is busy fake-upgrading y’all.
TheDudeAbides likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:58 am
Original Poster

OP here. I think I may have figured out what was causing this -- expired passes in my Apple Wallet. They used to remain on the front screen of Wallet and I used to delete them once I had used them, but at some point Apple made a change to move expired passes from the front screen, but not delete them. I like that change BTW, but at some point you still need to manually delete them. I noticed today that there was a link at the bottom of the screen that said "55 expired passes" -- it's probably always been there but I hadn't noticed it. As I was clearing them, every time I deleted one I'd get an alert "You are now sitting in 1D". I went through and deleted all 55 -- once I was down to about 10-12 passes it stopped occurring, so I'm guessing it was not the large number of passes but 1 or 2 that were causing the problem.

No more messages now. I'm already missing my hourly upgrades

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.