Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What are the best mileage runs currently?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are the best mileage runs currently?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2022, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cpworld
I'm going to Europe this summer with the family - booked with miles on Finnair, but thinking of changing my return the the US to a paid roundtrip business class fare (paid outbound from Europe would be my return to the US) since I wouldn't mind popping back over to Europe in the fall (then I'd still need to a get a 1 way back home).

I'm also need to partner fare class booking - I could not find the info on the Finnair site but if I book through AA it looks like fare class is "I". That has 125% EQM but "C" and "D" have 200%. Looked around other forums but still not clear on how to get those fare classes and how much more they cost...or if just booking over the phone will work (although a phone booking charge would apply).
Price it out on matrix first. All the important information is right there. You can force it into a higher fare class too, and see what the price difference would be (use f bc=D as an extension to force D class, for example).

I seem to remember the fare class being there on the Finnair website too but it might have required some digging.
ccna101 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 6:19 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold (ex-75K), Bonvoy Titanium, Recovering United 1K
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Price it out on matrix first. All the important information is right there. You can force it into a higher fare class too, and see what the price difference would be (use f bc=D as an extension to force D class, for example).

I seem to remember the fare class being there on the Finnair website too but it might have required some digging.
wow - it was double the price. Went from 1900 euros to 3800 changing fare from I to D
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
You just need to confirm each partner's earning rates based on fare class - the PE cabin on SQ is a good one, especially given the massive amount of miles you accrue for that distance...
Its sure is. I have JFK-SIN-BKK and return for just under $1300 in PE. ~1 whole elite status bump in a single RT.
ccna101 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL Platinum,WN A-list, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by CDKing
Its sure is. I have JFK-SIN-BKK and return for just under $1300 in PE. ~1 whole elite status bump in a single RT.
This is a great deal!
Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Noahf989
This is a great deal!
If you like this deal you should sign up for SQ's emails. This (as well as other destinations in SE Asia) is usually available for $999 a few times a year (they will email you about the sales if you sign up)
jimmygottfredson likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CDKing
I'm not seeing the SIN-BKK segment available in PE so if you book it all as PE, do you get PE mileage credit for SIN-BKK?
Old Apr 28, 2022, 4:24 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I'm not seeing the SIN-BKK segment available in PE so if you book it all as PE, do you get PE mileage credit for SIN-BKK?
Usually, segments in an itinerary with no PE cabin book into full Y or a higher Main fare that will also earn 100%. It is likely a y-up fare that books into PE but requires dual fare bucket inventory. It should be listed in the fare rules.

If you create the itinerary in ITA Matrix, what is showing as the fare class for the SIN-BKK segment? You can reference the SQ earning chart in Mileage Plan.

James
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 3:55 pm

Programs: mvp75k, DL-0body
ok- time to resurface this MR thread ... I am open for the next few weeks : JFK-SIN-BKK still or we can do better with other routes ?
Old Nov 4, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Oops, you might have just missed your shot. The California 50% bonus was likely as good as we will get. You still have a week left, although I’m not sure if there are any good fares out there still.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I just did a 10k run mostly on wallet credits. I also have av JFK-SFO-JFK next weekend. As has been mentioned, the CA bonus is probably as good as it will get for the rest of this year. I tried to get my MRs done early.

-J.
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 8:18 pm

Programs: mvp75k, DL-0body
Talking

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Oops, you might have just missed your shot. The California 50% bonus was likely as good as we will get. You still have a week left, although I’m not sure if there are any good fares out there still.
I did a few organic CA->HNL, LIH, ... DC/CLE/BWI/DCA.
I will do SFO-IAD tmr and back before thanksgiving.
I was hoping for more / barely 35k.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 6:24 am

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I just did a 10k run mostly on wallet credits. I also have av JFK-SFO-JFK next weekend. As has been mentioned, the CA bonus is probably as good as it will get for the rest of this year. I tried to get my MRs done early.

-J.
I'm on a SFO-JFK-SFO run now. Taking advantage of the CA bonus!
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by ssk244
I booked all of this way before the promo. I wish I had been doing it today instead of next weekend, would have honestly been a lot better for me overall. Though now I don't need the EQMs so much so the bonus wouldn't have done anything other than pad my ego.

-J.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by ssk244
on the train from DC to PHL, where I will be meeting up with GW for a couple hours’ worth of brewery crawling this afternoon before proceeding by train to EWR

this evening’s excitement is EWR-SFO-JFK with ~55 min between flights (one GGU covered both)
Old Nov 5, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
SAN-LIH r/t was going for $259 for main cabin during the last sale. It's the longest flight from SAN on AS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.