Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines is all-in at Paine Field (full schedule resumes this June)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2022, 6:26 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond

https://investor.alaskaair.com/news-...e-resumes-june

Starting June 17, we'll increase to 18 peak daily departures – our full allotment of departures at the airport – which will include four daily nonstops to San Francisco, one of Alaska's key hubs that's the center of Bay Area business travel. Service between Paine Field and San Francisco resumes on May 19.
Amusing thing to send out as a press release considering all the cancellations lately...
Old Apr 14, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by missamo80
Amusing thing to send out as a press release considering all the cancellations lately...
I'm not sure PAE has been getting hit with the cancellation stick like other destinations. Possibly because it's serviced mostly (or purely?) by Horizon.

(Disclaimer: I'm not an expert and could be wrong about either point.)
Old Apr 14, 2022, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tai4de2
I'm not sure PAE has been getting hit with the cancellation stick like other destinations. Possibly because it's serviced mostly (or purely?) by Horizon.

(Disclaimer: I'm not an expert and could be wrong about either point.)
Most of my flights lately have been on Horizon and none were cancelled.
SimonT007 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Most of my flights lately have been on Horizon and none were cancelled.
Same here. I only fly out of PAE.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 5:06 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Cunard Diamond
No more PAE-PDX
PDXMSPSEA and noflysea like this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 12:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Still sporadic QX cancellations intra-AK.

Good for PAE.

Sad to have PDX-PAE go away again.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Gl, Marriott Ti/LTP
I'm a bit bummed that PAE-SJC isn't coming back. I think the logic of 4xSFO > 2xSFO+2xSJC is totally sound.

I can use either airport on either side, but it was still nice to have a direct between the airport closest to my work and the airport closest to my home. Even so, I didn't always take it because sometimes I needed more flexibility than the one evening flight. Seems that's exactly the issue that consolidating all 4 PAE-Bay Area flights to SFO addresses.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
Still sporadic QX cancellations intra-AK.

Good for PAE.

Strange to not have service to PDX....I would consider connecting there instead of SEA but the lack of an Alaska Lounge makes it a total deal breaker...especially given how nice the N lounge is. On the rare trips when SEA is my final destination, the link light rail is a no-brainer to get to downtown.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 8:23 pm

Programs: AS - MVP75k, Marriott - Titanium, Hertz - PC
Originally Posted by beckoa
This is disappointing. PDX was great because I had less competition for upgrades on onward flights and the extra 1000 miles was always nice.
SimonT007 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Strange to not have service to PDX....I would consider connecting there instead of SEA but the lack of an Alaska Lounge makes it a total deal breaker...
the thing is, AS Revenue Management gives a *lot* of weight to the fact that a majority of their pax are *not* FTers who are hard-over on perks like lounge access and upgrades

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.