Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS LAX arrival tips

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2022, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
It really comes down to your mood and/or how much time you have, but I'd probably shuttle.

18 minutes walking is really on the high end of estimate. I am a fast walker and all, 18 minutes I can get from the terminal to Sheraton Gateway, for example. LAXIt in normal walking pace - 10 minutes.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:45 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Until a day ago and whenever needing a taxi, I always walked from the terminals to the LAXiT taxi stand.

For the experience, I tried the LAXiT shuttle from terminal 5. The bus wasn't crowed but it does stop frequently to pick up other passengers. Taking the bus doesn't save me anytime.

I am going back to walking.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
I wanted to give an update on my experience based on my trip this week for others searching for this information.
I landed at Terminal 6 and literally walked out and the LAXit bus was there. They were everywhere. I didn't even have time to consider walking, but when I looked at the route from the bus, it looked like a big construction mess and definitely was not intuitive. I was glad I took the bus. Surge pricing raised price of Uber/Lyft from $17 quoted when I landed to $75!!! I ended up taking a taxi from the LAXit lot and paid $40 cash including tip. They never want credit cards and you have to basically use Google maps to navigate for them which my friends say is common in LA... (he asked me to do that!)

And yes next time, I'll just rent a car, assuming Uber/Lyft are going to have driver shortages for the forseeable future.

Hope this helps someone else.
NoLaGent and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by PaperGlider
Until a day ago and whenever needing a taxi, I always walked from the terminals to the LAXiT taxi stand.

For the experience, I tried the LAXiT shuttle from terminal 5. The bus wasn't crowed but it does stop frequently to pick up other passengers. Taking the bus doesn't save me anytime.

I am going back to walking.
I suppose if I'm willing to do a bit more than double this walk for my In'n'Out runs when passing through LAX, then the short walk to LAXiT seems reasonable.
PlowJockey and PaperGlider like this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goldengate
. Surge pricing raised price of Uber/Lyft from $17 quoted when I landed to $75!!! I..

when you land your location is not seen as lax premium or surge or whatever.. just cross Sepulveda and you ll be able to get it vs the insane pricing at terminal or laxit...

(And there is only one straight cut to t1 from t6 - east way iirc - it is very hard to miss despite contruction etc)
Old Apr 22, 2022, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by azepine00
when you land your location is not seen as lax premium or surge or whatever.. just cross Sepulveda and you ll be able to get it vs the insane pricing at terminal or laxit...

(And there is only one straight cut to t1 from t6 - east way iirc - it is very hard to miss despite contruction etc)
i just did the walk on Wednesday and it just had one closed crosswalk with the other side fine. I was taking the shuttle from the new economy lot and it was very full of slow people, so I got out at 1 and walked to 6. Very fast and straightforward.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by chrisl137
i just did the walk on Wednesday and it just had one closed crosswalk with the other side fine. I was taking the shuttle from the new economy lot and it was very full of slow people, so I got out at 1 and walked to 6. Very fast and straightforward.
that's been my routine for the past 5 years or so when riding the shuttles from parking, rental car return, hotels, etc
chrisl137 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jrl767
that's been my routine for the past 5 years or so when riding the shuttles from parking, rental car return, hotels, etc
It was my pre apocalypse standard, but the bus was very fast when people stopped flying so I got lazy. Lot C bus frequency was so low in the late evenings that I’d just walk to Lot C.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.