Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AA international GUC upgrade for AS MVP75K

Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:47 am
Original Poster

booked lax to jfk to lhr to lax in business on AA via Chase portal. as i understand it, i'm eligible as a OW Emerald / AS MVP 75K for a confirmed upgrade (not standby) from business to first on an over the pond AA flight. how do i get the upgrade if there is space available? call/tweet AA and let them know i'm a OW Emerald / AS MVP 75K and ask them to apply the GUC? (do i need a AS issued GUC # and if so, where do i find it?) tia!
Old Apr 10, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
If you are talking about the old AA Upgrade Certs that we were given as 75ks, I believe they have all expired. But to use them you had a specific code e-mailed to you, with a special phone number to call. It was also only for very specific routes.

Otherwise (and someone correct me if I am wrong) you will be on the standard complimentary upgrade waitlist, after Plat Exec, 100k, and Platinum Pro flyers.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
^ and only for the 1st leg, there are no comp int’l upgrades on AA, not even for their own elites.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 10:58 am

Sometimes, it may be worth using the 25K AA miles & $250 to upgrade to J on some int'l routes. If I recall, any elite requirements were dropped from being able to utilize this particular upgrade scheme.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by navydevildoc
If you are talking about the old AA Upgrade Certs that we were given as 75ks, I believe they have all expired. But to use them you had a specific code e-mailed to you, with a special phone number to call. It was also only for very specific routes.

Otherwise (and someone correct me if I am wrong) you will be on the standard complimentary upgrade waitlist, after Plat Exec, 100k, and Platinum Pro flyers.
We were supposed to get one AA International Upgrade cert this year as 75Ks, and two for 100Ks, but I don't think they've been issued yet. They still show up on the elite benefits page with a footnote that they were supposed to be distributed in "early 2022". We're approaching mid-2022 and there's nothing yet.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by chrisl137
We were supposed to get one AA International Upgrade cert this year as 75Ks, and two for 100Ks, but I don't think they've been issued yet. They still show up on the elite benefits page with a footnote that they were supposed to be distributed in "early 2022". We're approaching mid-2022 and there's nothing yet.

see 75K/100K AA (SWU-Like) International Upgrades on a Very Limited Number of AA Routes

allegedly still coming, but clearly not a priority for AS/AA.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 3:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
see 75K/100K AA (SWU-Like) International Upgrades on a Very Limited Number of AA Routes

allegedly still coming, but clearly not a priority for AS/AA.
yeah, their elites seem to not be a priority, lol
CDKing likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.