Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

10+ Hours Wait Time to Reach Phone Agent?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10+ Hours Wait Time to Reach Phone Agent?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Looks like the Gold phone line is not even working now at all, doesn't even ring. This is turning into a full melt down.
olouie likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 2:25 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bostonbali
I had to double check to see if AS really flies from HNL to YVR, seems they don't. I believe this is actually a HNL-SEA flight.

oops you’re right I meant to say SEA. interesting today’s sea/hnl flight went out fine but tomorrow’s flights have already been canceled. Glad I decided to just head home on delta instead of waiting for Alaska to sort it out- they did end up calling me back 24 hours later, about 5 hours after my cancelled flight was supposed to depart lol.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 4:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Silver, Hertz Five Star
Phone number says "invalid mileage plan number" before it even asks me for it. Tells me wait time is 5-7 hours. Text is disabled.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 5:48 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
That’s odd- I just tried about an hour and a half ago and the callback time was 2-3 hours but then I tried text and received a response after 1 hour
Old Apr 13, 2022, 7:06 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
AS changed a flight, departs 10 minutes later, for a trip in July. For some unknown reason they insist I call to confirm/accept the change. Is there a better time to call these days? Or should I just wait a month or two? Obviously, there's no need for me to call immediately.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:30 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I got the "More than 10 hours" estimate after asking for the partner desk this morning. No callback option was offered. They really, really want me to just hang up and not call back.

Oh, for the old days when 800 number calls cost the company several cents per minute. That put a nonzero value on the customer's time.
estnet and TheBeerHunter like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 12:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Took me 20 seconds to get ahold of a phone agent. I called around-on eastern time
Old Apr 13, 2022, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by nsx
I got the "More than 10 hours" estimate after asking for the partner desk this morning. No callback option was offered. They really, really want me to just hang up and not call back.
I wonder if that 10 hr estimate is based on

- actual measurement of how long it takes for people to get to an agent (I.e. there are actually people who hold that long)

- calculation of the time it would take if everyone currently calling would hold (but in reality that’s not going to happen and so people who do hold will get to an agent much faster)

- a made-up number designed to scare away callers
Old Apr 13, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
7 seconds to get a Boise based agent just now at 12:23pmPDT.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 2:24 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
After I was given a 2-3 hour estimate yesterday, the callback actually occurred 6 hours later.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 2:42 pm

Programs: AC SE, Alaska MVP Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond
Mileage plan # is invalid. 3-4 hours wait time....
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by ysbyvr
Mileage plan # is invalid. 3-4 hours wait time....
same
Old Apr 13, 2022, 4:54 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Called the 100k number (probably the same one for all elites) and didn't wait a single second. She answered as soon as I was told the call would be monitored or recorded.

What was new was that I needed to change a flight booked through work which has a travel agency. Normally they call the Fares department and they work it out while I am on hold, but this time I was actually transferred to the fares department directly. First time ever (5+ years of doing this) that it happened. I am guessing the hold queues are so bad they want agents on the phone with passengers rather than with internal departments.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by navydevildoc
Called the 100k number (probably the same one for all elites) and didn't wait a single second. She answered as soon as I was told the call would be monitored or recorded.

What was new was that I needed to change a flight booked through work which has a travel agency. Normally they call the Fares department and they work it out while I am on hold, but this time I was actually transferred to the fares department directly. First time ever (5+ years of doing this) that it happened. I am guessing the hold queues are so bad they want agents on the phone with passengers rather than with internal departments.
"Invalid mileage plan #"
"Current wait time is between 5 and 7 hours"
Old Apr 13, 2022, 11:10 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Bonvoy Platinum, National Executive Elite, HI Goid
My flight was cancelled today due to mechanical, 3-4 hour wait time and invalid mileageplan #. They are losing a fan very fast. I am actually more worried about their lack of call center employees than the lack of pilots. A call to AS should be shorter than a flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.