Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska / Air Tahiti Nui (TN) Partnership and Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska / Air Tahiti Nui (TN) Partnership and Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2022, 3:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by flytoeat
They have until June 21st in the Northern Hemisphere (not that I expect it to show up before then).
I doubt if they’ll make that date. On the employee/retiree web site today the Director of Alliances stated that they ran into some IT difficulties and were “a few weeks” out before they’re published. I’m guessing July at the earliest.
TheBeerHunter likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 11:16 am

Booked PPT-SEA on an AS award ticket on Air Tahiti Nui a couple days ago. Anyone know how to go about selecting seats for the Air Tahiti *Nui* flight? I'm able to bring up my flight with Air Tahiti Nui as AS gives me the Air Tahiti Nui confirm code but that's it.

Last edited by 49penguins; Jul 1, 2022 at 11:24 am Reason: Oh Duh Moment
Old Jul 1, 2022, 11:22 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by 49penguins
Booked PPT-SEA on an AS award ticket on Air Tahiti Nui a couple days ago. Anyone know how to go about selecting seats for the Air Tahiti flight? I'm able to bring up my flight with Air Tahiti Nui as AS gives me the Air Tahiti Nui confirm code but that's it.
I booked SEA-PPT/ PPT-AKL and AKL-PPT-SEA.
I went to find out how to get seats and it seems that the only way is to call TN.
As a side note, Air Tahiti Nui is unable to assign seats on Air Tahiti Different airlines it seems.
49penguins likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 7:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Booked LAX-CDG in J 60K miles plus $19. Think I'll take it instead of my SEA-DUB in J on Aer Lingus as I am close to LAX. Thoughts? I have never flown either airline in J and Dub or CDH same as I will need to be in both places any way. thx. Called AS and they told me to call 877 824 4846 to get seat assignments.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 12:26 pm

FYI, the airline partner page for Air Tahiti Nui now shows that EQM will be earned on flights with TN.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 7:34 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Gl, Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by mjbulzomi
FYI, the airline partner page for Air Tahiti Nui now shows that EQM will be earned on flights with TN.
That's excellent news!
Old Jul 7, 2022, 8:17 am

Snagged some J seats using AS miles for AKL-PPT-LAX yesterday (80k pp, including multi-day stopover in PPT). Maybe something changed in the past week, but I was easily able to select seats for both flights on Air Tahiti Nui website using the partner booking code provided by AS. Might be worth retrying on Air Tahiti Nui website for those that were previously told to call.
DeltaFlyingProf and tobikosan like this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 10:49 am

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
I booked SEA-PPT/ PPT-AKL and AKL-PPT-SEA.
I went to find out how to get seats and it seems that the only way is to call TN.
As a side note, Air Tahiti Nui is unable to assign seats on Air Tahiti Different airlines it seems.
It worked. Put in AS partner booking. go to mange booking. Additional services. Then seating. Yes, very simple. THX

Last edited by tobikosan; Jul 7, 2022 at 10:55 am
Old Jul 11, 2022, 11:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by tobikosan
It worked. Put in AS partner booking. go to mange booking. Additional services. Then seating. Yes, very simple. THX
Oh cr*p! It said that an email was required to modify things. The email was already there... I just had to remove the last letter, re-enter it, go back to manage booking and finally, Additional Services appeared as an option.
Thanks. A Google search found a post (from TN themselves) that if the booking was not done by them, you had to call.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 9:42 am

Just tried booking 2 seats LAX>PPT for my wife and I in J. Searched for 2 seats on the Alaska site, showed as available. I only have enough miles to book one seat from one account, so I booked one seat with my account, then switched to my wife's account to book the second. Now it shows only Premium Economy available on the same dates.

Anyone have experience with TN releasing another seat soon after one was booked, or calling someone at Alaska to get a second one opened? Pretty upset about this since the Alaska site showed 2 seats available when booked together, but only allowed one booking when separate.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by shimps1
Just tried booking 2 seats LAX>PPT for my wife and I in J. Searched for 2 seats on the Alaska site, showed as available. I only have enough miles to book one seat from one account, so I booked one seat with my account, then switched to my wife's account to book the second. Now it shows only Premium Economy available on the same dates.

Anyone have experience with TN releasing another seat soon after one was booked, or calling someone at Alaska to get a second one opened? Pretty upset about this since the Alaska site showed 2 seats available when booked together, but only allowed one booking when separate.
How do you know someone else didn't snag the seat right after you?
Old Jul 12, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by shimps1

You can call AS next time and have them pull miles from two separate accounts as long as you have enough in each account to pay for a ticket. I have done this many times before including most recent a month ago.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by lax.sea.jnu
How do you know someone else didn't snag the seat right after you?
I guess it is possible, but the seats were available for the full day prior to booking (while I was researching hotels, etc), and I switched to the second account within 5 minutes of the first booking.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by ffman999
You can call AS next time and have them pull miles from two separate accounts as long as you have enough in each account to pay for a ticket. I have done this many times before including most recent a month ago.
Shoot, that would have prevented this, and saved me the $280 mileage transfer payment I made to move the miles.

EDIT: Re-reading, I guess that wouldn't have helped. I needed 240k total, and had 150k in one account, and 90k in another.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 6:53 pm

Will I get upgraded if I’m aaelite?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.