Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska and BoA Renew Co-Brand Credit Card Agreement

Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:19 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond

Surprising exactly nobody Alaska and Bank of America have renewed their co-brand credit card agreement.

In the second half of 2022, Alaska and Bank of America intend to announce additional benefits to further elevate its loyalty program for cardholders, while driving long-term value for both companies.
Let the speculation begin!
Old Mar 24, 2022, 7:39 am

A premium card that includes lounge access and allows a first class companion fare - to compete with Delta's AMEX Reserve
Old Mar 24, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
When my renewal card comes at some point in the future, I'd like it to be delivered by a clown and his tutu wearing dancing dog. That's a perk I can get behind. Not sure I'd go for a super-deluxe DYKWIA card with lounge privileges. Those cards tend to be in the $500+ range, where I can get AS Lounge membership for $400. So that'd be a wash. Any premium card would need to have additional perks like a 1.5:1 earning rate.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I’d like a card that actually encourages me to put some spend on it

The EQM offer is a step in the right direction, though probably a bit too expensive without some boosted categories (like 2X for groceries for example).
ItsAnAdam and Visconti like this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by missamo80
Surprising exactly nobody Alaska and Bank of America have renewed their co-brand credit card agreement.

Let the speculation begin!
I speculate that for every renewal, another AS Airbus frame will go to "a better place."
be_rettSEA and catmndu like this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 9:49 am

I'm with notquiteaff - EQMs and I may actually use the card for something in between harvesting cycles. And, it's got to be better than whatever EQM offered they emailed us, something like at least 10K for spending X.
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 10:00 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Bof A has dipped its toe into the premium card space with its new $550 Visa Infinite card. Maybe a premium AS card is a possibility.
mtofell and Seattle123 like this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 10:53 am

Via the Seattle Times article posted in the fleet announcement thread, it seems like better earning categories are confirmed to be on the QX.
Alaska said it is also expanding the rewards on its loyalty credit card, allowing holders to earn more frequent flyer miles on various purchases.
https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...-growth-plans/

Last edited by Arsene Wenger; Mar 24, 2022 at 11:58 am
Old Mar 24, 2022, 12:29 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Southwest also announced its new agreement with Chase today.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 7:43 pm

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
Maybe the companion fare goes back to $50?

Apart from the occasional spending bonuses, the card is great for the free checked bag without needing to pay with the credit card and the companion fare.

I'd like to see free upgrades to Main Cabin fares from Saver fares for cardholders. Even access to a non-Saver seat assignment on Saver fares would be nice.
beckoa and notquiteaff like this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 9:46 pm

Programs: AS 100K
I'd just like B of A to back me up when there is a disputed charge. They never do.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 10:10 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
Originally Posted by pipeliner
I'd just like B of A to back me up when there is a disputed charge. They never do.
Ditto. After our go-round with fraudulent use and needing to complain to the cfpb, we dropped this card. Alaska's great, BoA is a miserable experience all round.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by sullim4
Ditto. After our go-round with fraudulent use and needing to complain to the cfpb, we dropped this card. Alaska's great, BoA is a miserable experience all round.
Not directly related to AS Visa, but I dropped BoA as my primary bank a few years back when they wouldn't budge on a $5 debit card replacement fee for a 4 year old card with a chip that had failed. Escalated to a supervisor, they said the $5 fee was firm. Asked if $5 was worth losing a 15 yr banking customer, they wouldn't budge, and I'm happier banking elsewhere (granted they still get my AF from AS Visa, but I actively avoid BoA whenever possible).
Old Mar 26, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: Alaska MileagePlan MVP
Would be nice if they automatically upgraded everyone on the previous card (pre-checked bag benefit) to the new one...
Old Mar 26, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Tide_from_PAE
I'd like to see free upgrades to Main Cabin fares from Saver fares for cardholders. Even access to a non-Saver seat assignment on Saver fares would be nice.
AS is pretty stingy with ANY flexibility regarding saver fares. As the 100K tier opened up a lot of people were hoping for similar things and we got nothing. I'd have to think any saver fare benefits would first be awarded to top-tier elites before people spending a couple bucks on the credit card but anything is possible.
be_rettSEA likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.