100K/75K AA Upgrade Certificates (2022)

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 23, 22, 5:13 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Wiki Link
How it works:
  1. Book your flight at aa.com and include your Alaska Mileage Plan number.
  2. Call American Airlines at 1-888-824-1816
  3. Provide your unique American Airlines access code and Mileage Plan™ number.
  4. American Airlines will confirm your upgrade immediately if space is available, otherwise you will be placed on the waitlist.
Fare class:
Business class upgrade C
First class upgrade A

Terms can be found here:
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/le...es-upgrader-tc
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 18, 22, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

100K/75K AA Upgrade Certificates (2022)

Is there any insight scoop about the American Airlines one way upgrade certificates for international travel? I know we’re supposed to get information in Q2. I hope the information comes in early April.
Old Mar 18, 22, 5:40 pm
formerly TheStrangerIn29K

Programs: AS MVPG100K | oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by lattegirl13 View Post
Is there any insight scoop about the American Airlines one way upgrade certificates for international travel? I know we’re supposed to get information in Q2. I hope the information comes in early April.
I texted AS to ask on Monday of this week and was told, "I reached out to our mileage plan team and the certificates are still in the works. We do not have an ETA but they will be added to your mileage plan just like the Guest upgrades codes."
notquiteaff and Arsene Wenger like this.
Old Mar 18, 22, 6:03 pm

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Ŵith the delay and/or cancellation of routes like SEA-LHR and SEA-BLR, there really aren't many routes left to use these "special" SWUs so I don't think there is a big rush to get these out.
ItsAnAdam likes this.
Old Mar 18, 22, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS G75k, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
How long are they going to be valid? Rest of 2022? One year from when they are issued?
Old Mar 19, 22, 8:53 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
Ŵith the delay and/or cancellation of routes like SEA-LHR and SEA-BLR, there really aren't many routes left to use these "special" SWUs so I don't think there is a big rush to get these out.
Is the plan for them to still be limited to a small set of West Coast AA international non-stop routes (like the previous trial round), or would they actually be system-wide?
Old Mar 19, 22, 2:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, DL Platinum, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium + LT Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PDXPremier View Post
Can SWU be used from flights other than ex-SEA?
Old Mar 19, 22, 4:35 pm

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Repooc17 View Post
Can SWU be used from flights other than ex-SEA?
I think the rule was they had to be used from a west coast gateway so basically LAX or SEA.
Old Mar 21, 22, 10:46 am

Programs: Alaska MVP 100K
My recolleciton of the wording is that these certs will be usable systemwide, in contrast to the limited rollout last year. I was hoping they might already be available, since I have a few international trips coming up.
Old Mar 21, 22, 6:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k
Do they have to be used on AA metal or can they be used on AA codeshare, for instance a BA flight from SEA to LHR with an AA flight number?
Old Mar 22, 22, 9:41 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver, AS 75K 15-22
Originally Posted by SimonT007 View Post
Do they have to be used on AA metal or can they be used on AA codeshare, for instance a BA flight from SEA to LHR with an AA flight number?
As the promo is/was issued by AA, no BA flights.

Jiburi
Old Jun 6, 22, 10:01 am

Programs: Alaska 100k
Looks like these just showed up in my Inbox this morning!

As an MVP Gold 100K, you’re always eligible for complimentary upgrades upon availability when you fly on American Airlines within the US, or between the US and Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, or Central America. And now, as a qualified MVP Gold 100K for 2022, we’re pleased to provide you with two complimentary systemwide upgrades on American Airlines, which can be used to take your global travel to the next level.

Enjoy 2 one-way space available upgrades and experience personalized service and elevated amenities in American Airlines First or Business, including Flagship® First or Flagship® Business on international and transcontinental flights.

Upgrades are valid on flights marketed and operated by American Airlines, including flights to destinations like London, Sydney and Tokyo.**

Book and confirm your upgrade by December 31, 2022 — additional restrictions apply.†
ItsAnAdam likes this.
Old Jun 6, 22, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by PABE View Post
Looks like these just showed up in my Inbox this morning!
Systemwide!
PABE and TalkingPoint like this.
Old Jun 6, 22, 10:05 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
I just received the email as well. And it is still Spring!

James
tobikosan and PABE like this.
Old Jun 6, 22, 10:06 am

+1 for receiving the upgrade codes!
Old Jun 6, 22, 10:09 am

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Just received UG code. Sent to my email at 9am PST.

Search this Thread