Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan

100K/75K AA Upgrade Certificates (2022)

100K/75K AA Upgrade Certificates (2022)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 23, 22, 5:13 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Wiki Link
How it works:
  1. Book your flight at aa.com and include your Alaska Mileage Plan number.
  2. Call American Airlines at 1-888-824-1816
  3. Provide your unique American Airlines access code and Mileage Plan number.
  4. American Airlines will confirm your upgrade immediately if space is available, otherwise you will be placed on the waitlist.
Fare class:
Business class upgrade C
First class upgrade A

Terms can be found here:
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/le...es-upgrader-tc
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 14, 22, 12:16 am
  #121  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bay Area, CA
Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Posts: 35,059
Originally Posted by VegasGambler View Post
Lack of change fees has really changed the game here.
Tell me about it. If you have OCD tendencies, there's no end to this game until day of departure.

I changed FCO-CLT-PDX-AS-SFO all AA legs confirmed upgrade to MXP-JFK-SFO all confirmed upgrade for the flatbed all the way. Add collect was $15.
VegasGambler likes this.
channa is offline  
Old Jun 14, 22, 7:59 pm
  #122  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Preferably waiting for takeoff
Programs: DLSL, MVP100K, Accor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Posts: 404
Still havn't received my AA upgrade certs. 100K MVP earned last year. I'm curious if this is still true for anyone else.

Thanks
jimmygottfredson is offline  
Old Jun 14, 22, 9:05 pm
  #123  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Seattle, WA
Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt, BonWhut?
Posts: 7,253
On second agent and two hours into this and still waiting to figure out where to apply the codes -- I'm working with an AA supervisor/CK person and she's stymied.

There is absolutely no C space out of Seattle to London so we're stuck on a daytime flight from JFK on the outbound.

Is there something I can do to help move this process along?

She's being really great and keeps checking in with me. We were disconnected and she called me back immediately, which was very helpful.

You would think that by the middle of June they could have figured out a workflow that was easy for the EXP desk to use to add in the SWUs to an existing held reservation.

lala
lalala is offline  
Old Jun 14, 22, 11:49 pm
  #124  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SFO
Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Posts: 3,068
Originally Posted by lalala View Post
On second agent and two hours into this and still waiting to figure out where to apply the codes -- I'm working with an AA supervisor/CK person and she's stymied.

There is absolutely no C space out of Seattle to London so we're stuck on a daytime flight from JFK on the outbound.

Is there something I can do to help move this process along?

She's being really great and keeps checking in with me. We were disconnected and she called me back immediately, which was very helpful.

You would think that by the middle of June they could have figured out a workflow that was easy for the EXP desk to use to add in the SWUs to an existing held reservation.

lala
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34321191-post97.html
NoLaGent is offline  
Old Jun 15, 22, 12:13 am
  #125  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: SEA
Programs: AS MVPG100K | oneworld Emerald
Posts: 560
Originally Posted by jimmygottfredson View Post
Still havn't received my AA upgrade certs. 100K MVP earned last year. I'm curious if this is still true for anyone else.

Thanks
Did you hit 100K without something like that "Earn up to 20K EQM based on AS BoA credit card spend" offer? If so, I would definitely call AS. I first reached 100K with that offer, but then had enough other flights afterward that to have hit 100K anyway. I'd been wondering if AS's system would only register that I hit 100K with that offer, but my email indicated two upgrade certs.
Ford Fairlane is offline  
Old Jun 15, 22, 1:37 pm
  #126  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Preferably waiting for takeoff
Programs: DLSL, MVP100K, Accor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Posts: 404
Originally Posted by Ford Fairlane View Post
Did you hit 100K without something like that "Earn up to 20K EQM based on AS BoA credit card spend" offer? If so, I would definitely call AS. I first reached 100K with that offer, but then had enough other flights afterward that to have hit 100K anyway. I'd been wondering if AS's system would only register that I hit 100K with that offer, but my email indicated two upgrade certs.
85K in flights, 105K including BoA spend. I appreciate the feedback and I'll call Alaska to discuss.
jimmygottfredson is offline  
Old Jun 15, 22, 7:29 pm
  #127  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: SEA
Programs: AS MVPG100K | oneworld Emerald
Posts: 560
Originally Posted by jimmygottfredson View Post
85K in flights, 105K including BoA spend. I appreciate the feedback and I'll call Alaska to discuss.
EQM miles earned on the BoA spend offer (and some other incentives; I don't remember what they were) don't count toward earning these upgrade certificates. So for 85K miles flown (well, factoring in the 50% pandemic-era bonus), you should have a cert good for a one-way upgrade. Do update the outcome here, please, and thanks. I'm curious to see what AS replies.
Ford Fairlane is offline  
Old Jun 15, 22, 11:23 pm
  #128  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Preferably waiting for takeoff
Programs: DLSL, MVP100K, Accor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Posts: 404
Originally Posted by Ford Fairlane View Post
EQM miles earned on the BoA spend offer (and some other incentives; I don't remember what they were) don't count toward earning these upgrade certificates. So for 85K miles flown (well, factoring in the 50% pandemic-era bonus), you should have a cert good for a one-way upgrade. Do update the outcome here, please, and thanks. I'm curious to see what AS replies.
Well, if that's the case then it's a little disappointing. Last year there was a lot of discussion if the 20K CC bonus would count toward 100K status, and the general consensus on FT was that it would (after a lot of back and forth). Verbiage from T&Cs says: "American Airlines upgrade certificates are valid only for Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75K and 100K members who qualified in 2021 for 2022 status. Members who earned status via promotions, status match, or status gifts are not eligible." - So, it really depends how they define the CC bonus. I still haven’t called Alaska, but when I do, I’ll update.

Slightly off topic here, but the entire roll out of 100K and the additional benefits has me completely underwhelmed. Traditionally I've been very impressed with Alaska’s Mileage Plan, but things like this leave a bad taste in my mouth.
jimmygottfredson is offline  
Old Jun 16, 22, 12:37 am
  #129  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: LAX, SNA, LGB
Posts: 336
As a data point, I qualified for 75K status for the first time in 2021 without CC or status match, only the 50% bonus. No email received.
hsumh316 is offline  
Old Jun 16, 22, 8:58 am
  #130  
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,673
Originally Posted by Ford Fairlane View Post
EQM miles earned on the BoA spend offer (and some other incentives; I don't remember what they were) don't count toward earning these upgrade certificates.
Not true in my case. YMMV.
flytoeat is offline  
Old Jun 16, 22, 1:26 pm
  #131  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Seattle, WA
Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt, BonWhut?
Posts: 7,253
B of A spend was a factor in my getting to 100K and I received two upgrades, so call and ask
jimmygottfredson likes this.
lalala is offline  
Old Jun 16, 22, 2:29 pm
  #132  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: ATL
Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
Posts: 683
I feel that waiting till June 6th to send the SWU codes and then giving us only until Dec 31st 2022 to use them is a joke.
So much for rewarding us to reach 100k. They should have waited until June 30th...
Minos is online now  
Old Jun 16, 22, 7:20 pm
  #133  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: SEA
Programs: AS MVPG100K | oneworld Emerald
Posts: 560
Originally Posted by flytoeat View Post
Not true in my case. YMMV.
Originally Posted by lalala View Post
B of A spend was a factor in my getting to 100K and I received two upgrades, so call and ask
I guess it was just a popular interpretation of one of the 100K qualification footnotes that appeared in some emails and is still at the bottom of https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...rship-benefits, i.e. that credit card spend on that earn-up-to-20K offer didn't apply:

⁰Members who qualify for MVP Gold 75K or MVP Gold 100K are eligible for either a total of 1 or 2 one-way upgrade certificates on American, depending on tier qualified for at year-end. Certificates for 2021 qualifiers will be distributed in mid-2022. Only members who meet the published qualification criteria for the tier are eligible. Status acquired via nomination, status match promotion, or special offers are not eligible.

I had thought that was a "special offer," but I guess not. I stand corrected.
Ford Fairlane is offline  
Old Jun 16, 22, 9:26 pm
  #134  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA 1MM, AS G75k, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 12,266
Originally Posted by Ford Fairlane View Post
EQM miles earned on the BoA spend offer (and some other incentives; I don't remember what they were) don't count toward earning these upgrade certificates.
Is that documented in some official T&C or statement somewhere? Because I received my single SWU and I used BofA EQMs to reach 75k.
notquiteaff is online now  
Old Jun 16, 22, 9:29 pm
  #135  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: British Columbia
Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Posts: 6,382
Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
Is that documented in some official T&C or statement somewhere? Because I received my single SWU and I used BofA EQMs to reach 75k.
Did you also receive the 50K RDM Bonus?

James
Flying for Fun is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread