Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan

100K/75K AA Upgrade Certificates (2022)

100K/75K AA Upgrade Certificates (2022)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 23, 22, 5:13 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Wiki Link
How it works:
  1. Book your flight at aa.com and include your Alaska Mileage Plan number.
  2. Call American Airlines at 1-888-824-1816
  3. Provide your unique American Airlines access code and Mileage Plan™ number.
  4. American Airlines will confirm your upgrade immediately if space is available, otherwise you will be placed on the waitlist.
Fare class:
Business class upgrade C
First class upgrade A

Terms can be found here:
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/le...es-upgrader-tc
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 8, 22, 3:20 pm
  #76  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SEA town
Programs: Alaska LTG-75K, HHonors-Gld, Priority Spire, LT MR Ti
Posts: 610
Are these codes tied to the 75/100k member? Meaning could gift this to my (no status) mother? Put her in the System Wide Standby list! I probably won't use it.
BarryL is offline  
Old Jun 8, 22, 3:35 pm
  #77  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SAN
Programs: Lots of faux metal
Posts: 5,890
Originally Posted by BarryL View Post
Are these codes tied to the 75/100k member? Meaning could gift this to my (no status) mother? Put her in the System Wide Standby list! I probably won't use it.
Don't know specifically for the AS ones, but the AA SWUs are not tied to the user and can be used by anyone as long as the owner calls in to use them.
skunker is offline  
Old Jun 8, 22, 3:52 pm
  #78  
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Posts: 225
Does EF show ghost availability?

I want to use these from LAX to TLV, I would have to connect in JFK or MIA, so when I search on EF LAX-TLV it shows multiple C seats on both flights, yet when I search the same dates just MIA-TLV or JFK-TLV then it shows 0 C spaces, why is this???
RaingerRain is offline  
Old Jun 8, 22, 3:56 pm
  #79  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: New York
Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by RaingerRain View Post
I want to use these from LAX to TLV, I would have to connect in JFK or MIA, so when I search on EF LAX-TLV it shows multiple C seats on both flights, yet when I search the same dates just MIA-TLV or JFK-TLV then it shows 0 C spaces, why is this???
Read the disclaimer on EF: "For AA C & A Upgrades: to get the most accurate results, upgrade searches should be done segment by segment. Upgrade inventory results are NOT valid for segments that are part of a connection, only for individual segments"
AK100k is offline  
Old Jun 8, 22, 3:59 pm
  #80  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: British Columbia
Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Posts: 6,380
Originally Posted by AK100k View Post
Read the disclaimer on EF: "For AA C & A Upgrades: to get the most accurate results, upgrade searches should be done segment by segment. Upgrade inventory results are NOT valid for segments that are part of a connection, only for individual segments"
C inventory is both revenue & upgrade. You need to seach under awards & upgrades and search each segment individually.



James
Flying for Fun is offline  
Old Jun 8, 22, 4:11 pm
  #81  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SAN
Programs: AS 75K, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Diamond
Posts: 4,142
Originally Posted by kevflyer View Post
75k here. Matched from UA. No email either.
Originally Posted by tanzaniancane View Post
My wife and I are both 75k members and neither of us have received the codes yet. Are there other 75k or 100k members who haven't received the AA SWUs? I'm just trying to figure out if we got missed or if they are sending them in batches. Thanks!
You'll only receive these codes if you qualified for 75K as opposed to being status matched or by a status challenge. Same as the 50K bonus miles on reaching 75K status.
VegasGambler and anteater like this.
frankvb is offline  
Old Jun 8, 22, 4:45 pm
  #82  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: YVR
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 888
Originally Posted by frankvb View Post
You'll only receive these codes if you qualified for 75K as opposed to being status matched or by a status challenge. Same as the 50K bonus miles on reaching 75K status.
Fair enough. Although I have a friend who earned 75k and didn't get the email either.
kevflyer is offline  
Old Jun 8, 22, 6:13 pm
  #83  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Reno/Tahoe
Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Posts: 308
Originally Posted by kevflyer View Post
Fair enough. Although I have a friend who earned 75k and didn't get the email either.
Do you know how they earned their status? I'm wondering if the people who met the challenge to keep their previous status earlier this year are in the same category as people who status matched from another airline. Basically, I think this perk is only be given to anyone who actually earned 75k EQM or more by the end of 2021. I'd love to know if there's anyone who didn't receive the email who falls into this category.
SeaLuggageLover is online now  
Old Jun 8, 22, 6:26 pm
  #84  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Bay Area, California
Programs: Alaska 75K, Bonvoy Titanium, Recovering United 1K
Posts: 220
Originally Posted by frankvb View Post
You'll only receive these codes if you qualified for 75K as opposed to being status matched or by a status challenge. Same as the 50K bonus miles on reaching 75K status.
Did the 30K by April 30th to requalify count as a status challenge?
cpworld is offline  
Old Jun 8, 22, 6:32 pm
  #85  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Reno/Tahoe
Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Posts: 308
Originally Posted by cpworld View Post
Did the 30K by April 30th to requalify count as a status challenge?
That was definitely a challenge and guaranteed the continuation of status but not the accompanying perks like lounge passes, 50,000 bonus miles, etc. My guess is that the AA upgrades also fell into that category.
SeaLuggageLover is online now  
Old Jun 8, 22, 6:39 pm
  #86  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: YVR
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 888
Originally Posted by SeaLuggageLover View Post
Do you know how they earned their status? I'm wondering if the people who met the challenge to keep their previous status earlier this year are in the same category as people who status matched from another airline. Basically, I think this perk is only be given to anyone who actually earned 75k EQM or more by the end of 2021. I'd love to know if there's anyone who didn't receive the email who falls into this category.
Earned organically before covid, then challenge to extend.
kevflyer is offline  
Old Jun 8, 22, 6:41 pm
  #87  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Reno/Tahoe
Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Posts: 308
Originally Posted by kevflyer View Post
Earned organically before covid, then challenge to extend.
That's what I figured.
SeaLuggageLover is online now  
Old Jun 8, 22, 7:19 pm
  #88  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SAN
Programs: AS 75K, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Diamond
Posts: 4,142
Originally Posted by SeaLuggageLover View Post
That was definitely a challenge and guaranteed the continuation of status but not the accompanying perks like lounge passes, 50,000 bonus miles, etc. My guess is that the AA upgrades also fell into that category.
Agreed that this was a status challenge. Received an email about being granted 'complimentary' 75K status. Note that I did get the lounge passes.
frankvb is offline  
Old Jun 8, 22, 7:27 pm
  #89  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Reno/Tahoe
Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Posts: 308
Originally Posted by frankvb View Post
Agreed that this was a status challenge. Received an email about being granted 'complimentary' 75K status. Note that I did get the lounge passes.
I just reread the old info on the status and I stand corrected. The only thing it specifically states you don't get is the 50,000 miles.
SeaLuggageLover is online now  
Old Jun 8, 22, 8:48 pm
  #90  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: SFO
Programs: AS 100K, SK, UR, MR
Posts: 2,720
Originally Posted by kevflyer View Post
Fair enough. Although I have a friend who earned 75k and didn't get the email either.
I didn’t get the email. I got upgraded on my recent domestic AA flight nevertheless.
vanillabean is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread