Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2022, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
How it works:
  1. Book your flight at aa.com and include your Alaska Mileage Plan number.
  2. Call American Airlines at 1-888-824-1816
  3. Provide your unique American Airlines access code and Mileage Plan™ number.
  4. American Airlines will confirm your upgrade immediately if space is available, otherwise you will be placed on the waitlist.
Fare class:
Business class upgrade C
First class upgrade A

Terms can be found here:
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/legal/terms-conditions/american-airlines-upgrader-tc
Print Wikipost

100K/75K AA Upgrade Certificates (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:20 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Are these codes tied to the 75/100k member? Meaning could gift this to my (no status) mother? Put her in the System Wide Standby list! I probably won't use it.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:35 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by BarryL
Are these codes tied to the 75/100k member? Meaning could gift this to my (no status) mother? Put her in the System Wide Standby list! I probably won't use it.
Don't know specifically for the AS ones, but the AA SWUs are not tied to the user and can be used by anyone as long as the owner calls in to use them.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Does EF show ghost availability?

I want to use these from LAX to TLV, I would have to connect in JFK or MIA, so when I search on EF LAX-TLV it shows multiple C seats on both flights, yet when I search the same dates just MIA-TLV or JFK-TLV then it shows 0 C spaces, why is this???
Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:56 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by RaingerRain
I want to use these from LAX to TLV, I would have to connect in JFK or MIA, so when I search on EF LAX-TLV it shows multiple C seats on both flights, yet when I search the same dates just MIA-TLV or JFK-TLV then it shows 0 C spaces, why is this???
Read the disclaimer on EF: "For AA C & A Upgrades: to get the most accurate results, upgrade searches should be done segment by segment. Upgrade inventory results are NOT valid for segments that are part of a connection, only for individual segments"
Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AK100k
Read the disclaimer on EF: "For AA C & A Upgrades: to get the most accurate results, upgrade searches should be done segment by segment. Upgrade inventory results are NOT valid for segments that are part of a connection, only for individual segments"
C inventory is both revenue & upgrade. You need to seach under awards & upgrades and search each segment individually.

James
Old Jun 8, 2022, 3:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by kevflyer
75k here. Matched from UA. No email either.
Originally Posted by tanzaniancane
My wife and I are both 75k members and neither of us have received the codes yet. Are there other 75k or 100k members who haven't received the AA SWUs? I'm just trying to figure out if we got missed or if they are sending them in batches. Thanks!
You'll only receive these codes if you qualified for 75K as opposed to being status matched or by a status challenge. Same as the 50K bonus miles on reaching 75K status.
VegasGambler and anteater like this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by frankvb
You'll only receive these codes if you qualified for 75K as opposed to being status matched or by a status challenge. Same as the 50K bonus miles on reaching 75K status.
Fair enough. Although I have a friend who earned 75k and didn't get the email either.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 5:13 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Fair enough. Although I have a friend who earned 75k and didn't get the email either.
Do you know how they earned their status? I'm wondering if the people who met the challenge to keep their previous status earlier this year are in the same category as people who status matched from another airline. Basically, I think this perk is only be given to anyone who actually earned 75k EQM or more by the end of 2021. I'd love to know if there's anyone who didn't receive the email who falls into this category.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 5:26 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold (ex-75K), Bonvoy Titanium, Recovering United 1K
Did the 30K by April 30th to requalify count as a status challenge?
Old Jun 8, 2022, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by cpworld
Did the 30K by April 30th to requalify count as a status challenge?
That was definitely a challenge and guaranteed the continuation of status but not the accompanying perks like lounge passes, 50,000 bonus miles, etc. My guess is that the AA upgrades also fell into that category.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by SeaLuggageLover
Do you know how they earned their status? I'm wondering if the people who met the challenge to keep their previous status earlier this year are in the same category as people who status matched from another airline. Basically, I think this perk is only be given to anyone who actually earned 75k EQM or more by the end of 2021. I'd love to know if there's anyone who didn't receive the email who falls into this category.
Earned organically before covid, then challenge to extend.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 5:41 pm

Earned organically before covid, then challenge to extend.
That's what I figured.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 6:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by SeaLuggageLover
That was definitely a challenge and guaranteed the continuation of status but not the accompanying perks like lounge passes, 50,000 bonus miles, etc. My guess is that the AA upgrades also fell into that category.
Agreed that this was a status challenge. Received an email about being granted 'complimentary' 75K status. Note that I did get the lounge passes.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 6:27 pm

Agreed that this was a status challenge. Received an email about being granted 'complimentary' 75K status. Note that I did get the lounge passes.
I just reread the old info on the status and I stand corrected. The only thing it specifically states you don't get is the 50,000 miles.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 7:48 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
I didn’t get the email. I got upgraded on my recent domestic AA flight nevertheless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.