Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frist Class, ipads, wifi?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2022, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Frist Class, ipads, wifi?

Is Alaska still offering the use of their ipads for first class, would be nice not to have to carry mine to watch a movie? How is the Wifi, I may have to do some work on the EWR to SFO route.
The plane is a 737-900

Thank you in advance.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
No, you are on the wrong airline if you are expecting free Wi-Fi and seat back entertainment on that route—and they no longer provide tablets 😀
Old Feb 21, 2022, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
No, you are on the wrong airline if you are expecting free Wi-Fi and seat back entertainment on that route—and they no longer provide tablets 😀
Thank you. I wasn't expecting free wifi just if they offer it so I can log in for work if needed.
I know they do not have seat back entertainment, the reason I asked about the tablet.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: AS
From AS

With satellite internet service, you can expect.

Streaming-fast speeds

Connect at speeds 20x faster than our basic inflight internet, fast enough to binge-watch series on Netflix™ or Amazon Prime™.

More coverage than ever

Anchorage. Orlando. Kona. Milwaukee. Mazatlán. Internet will be available inflight virtually everywhere we fly.

Connectivity

Gate to gate connectivity.
Connect from the moment you board and stay connected until you arrive at your destination.

How to connect

1. Turn on your device's Wi-Fi, and choose "Alaska_WiFi" or “gogoinflight” network.
  2. Open your web browser (Safari®, Chrome™, etc.) and visit AlaskaWiFi.com.
  3. Choose what you’d like to do: free texting, entertainment, or the internet.
See
Calculon likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Gl, Marriott Ti/LTP
The tablets were permanently retired, so definitely no Alaska-provided tablets.

All of the 737-900ER's have the newer, satellite-based wifi, so you can reasonably expect that on your flight. (Though obviously there can be unplanned issues with equipment or aircraft swaps.) None of the non-ER -900's have satellite wifi, but those don't have the legs for transcons, so you shouldn't have to worry about those for this trip.

If you're happy with the movie selection that was on the tablet, a similar movie selection will be available over the wifi on your iPad for free without paying for the internet. (Again, things can happen, so having at least some backup on your device is a good idea.)
jfga2014 and Calculon like this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 11:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by jfga2014
Thank you. I wasn't expecting free wifi just if they offer it so I can log in for work if needed.
I know they do not have seat back entertainment, the reason I asked about the tablet.
The first response you received is from a poster that dislikes AS and most of us believe that he/she doesn’t even fly them. The following responses after SFO are all correct and provide accurate information. It’s like anything on FT. There will be tainted responses and then those that wish to be helpful. Cheers!
CalanMan, jfga2014, olouie and 2 others like this.

Last edited by Tack; Feb 21, 2022 at 2:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.