Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Launches First-Ever Flight Subscription Service (Flight Pass) in CA, AZ, NV and UT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Launches First-Ever Flight Subscription Service (Flight Pass) in CA, AZ, NV and UT

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by olouie
$49/ month for 12 months, but you only get 1RT every other month. So basically $588 plus taxes and fees for 6 RTs. $127 ish per RT.
Oops. I see now.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:19 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
This is kinda like a costco membership for those who fly a lot/buy bulk.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
I feel like the flight pass offering is so lackluster.

They should've paired it with free/discounted premium class seating and/or discounted wifi at least.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:46 pm

Anyone successfully purchased this yet? AS makes it seem like Im the only one with issues so just want to check if anyone else has purchased it.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Christine Sinclair
This is kinda like a costco membership for those who fly a lot/buy bulk.
Exactly. And that is why some people shop at Costco even when it isn't the cheapest, and others shop the ads and sales.

Like everything else, this is going to work out well for some, and be a waste of time and money for others.
ashill likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:32 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
This might be an interesting use of AMEX incidental credits given the monthly pricing of $49. That said, this seems more like a marketing gimmick and otherwise not very useful unless you like to go to Vegas during the week, or PSP/PHX with any regularity.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I wonder if they would ever offer this on the PDX-SEA shuttle....
Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:17 pm

Wow they just can’t wait for their WN merger lol
Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:24 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Is SurfAir doing that well?

A lot of thought went into this and I respect their giving subscription services revenue a try.

The program (pick one word from each column below) isn't too attractive to me.
_AS............_Club
_Flight......._Pass
_Chester.. _Investor

Because, in my case,
a) I don't see much of a savings for me
b) I'd rather have flexibility and simplicity. Such as:
-buying one-way tickets
-not having commitment that will someday end and not in the month I started
-not having the complexity of more rules to track
-no sunk costs to worry about when using another airline.

I realize a subscription service model may work out for others. I hope it does.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I would probably do this if it gets expanded. I can only fly cross country, as my home airport is on the east coast. My average fare is around $95 per segment (regular economy, not saver), usually JFK to SFO.

A dozen or so segments I can probably fulfill in a month - six transcon trips - easy!
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by olouie
$49/ month for 12 months, but you only get 1RT every other month. So basically $588 plus taxes and fees for 6 RTs. $127 ish per RT.
doesnt sound that great, especially if they’re charging a premium fee for weekend flights
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL Platinum,WN A-list, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
best use for me is to do mileage run (segments requirement insane for 75/100K), but the routes are all way too short (SFO-PHX being the longest)

not attractive at all for the commitment. Unless they massively expand the flight pass to routes like SFO - AUS/ORD/JFK (SFO - JFK seems around sub-$100 for X and the elite tax went back down from $50 to around $25, very nice price considering likely $250 rt SFO - JFK in F. If no upgrade, can always cancel and then hope for the next week)

Just curious which class would the ticket being booked into though, guess will find out soon.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:17 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by avih77w
Quick look at EF shows that availability shows to be mapped to M class. Once that is sold out the "Premium" $100 upcharge seems to apply.
Does that mean 75Ks and 100Ks get instant upgrades on subscription fares?
Jimmy O's and samosa like this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
Originally Posted by BudgetJetsetter
I feel like the flight pass offering is so lackluster.

They should've paired it with free/discounted premium class seating and/or discounted wifi at least.
Regular seat assignments are included, so I guess it's a "free" upgrade from their basic economy product. But I agree, there should have been more perks. The T&Cs say that the price of this pass could fluctuate, so if it's not popular enough, additional price cuts could come, but existing passholders wouldn't be able to price match.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by VFR
Does that mean 75Ks and 100Ks get instant upgrades on subscription fares?
Depends on what they book into.

AS might be booking all these into the same class and just checking M for Premium charges. Or discounting the selling fare down to 0.01 which means you'd get whatever the selling fare class is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.