Search
Old Jan 31, 2022, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
Print Wikipost

Thank God for Woodford Reserve

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2022, 10:59 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by EXPLAT
How close is the Centurion lounge to the Alaska gates? Will be flying to ANC with a connection in SEA. Unfamiliar with the airport. Also have access to the Alaska lounge as well. Better to go to the Centurion lounge?
Amex is at B3, and Alaska has a smaller lounge in the C concourse near their gates, and a larger one between C & D (Map). I find Centurion far superior in food and beverage, so if you have a longer layover I would detour to that lounge personally, but then you have to hope there isn't a significant wait to get in (capacity controls). If you fly in at "N" and are departing from "N", I would not bother leaving the satellite concourse for the lounge and use the Alaska one there.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
As an irregular dark spirits drinker, I find the Woodford to be a decent option for sipping without it needing a disguise, and glad that AS has it abordo.
Thanks to OW I have been flying AS more than ever. Finding Woodford on board was quite nice.

Signed: A Tennessee Squire.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 12:25 pm

Programs: AS100K, AS Lounge+, Marriott Plat, SBUXG, GE, Costco Exec, Amazon Prime, Nat Parks Yearly Pass
I’ve enjoyed at least my weight of Woodford aboard Alaska over the years. Miss the days of Glenlivet, tho.

One of the most oddball drink orders overheard from a young man seated next to me last week: coffee with Baileys and Woodford. FA served the coffee cup half full of coffee and the two minis. Young man poured both into the coffee. I would have asked what he called the concoction, but my mouth was too full of vomit.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by the42ndstate
I’ve enjoyed at least my weight of Woodford aboard Alaska over the years. Miss the days of Glenlivet, tho.

One of the most oddball drink orders overheard from a young man seated next to me last week: coffee with Baileys and Woodford. FA served the coffee cup half full of coffee and the two minis. Young man poured both into the coffee. I would have asked what he called the concoction, but my mouth was too full of vomit.
Sounds like a hot version of a "Duck Fart" (not sure why it's named that?). That drink is Kahlua, Bailey's and Whiskey layered in a martini glass. Not my speed either but I've made many while bartending.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 4:06 pm

Programs: AS - MVPG; DL - SM; Marriott, Hilton, SPG - Gold
I still miss my favorite Alaska Airlines cocktail: Bailey's and Crater Lake Hazelnut Espresso vodka on the rocks. I could down 3 of those on a SEA to LAX or LAS flight without blinking.
navydevildoc and mtofell like this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas

It really isn't too different than an Irish Coffee. Different, but conceptually not that far off.
eponymous_coward and mtofell like this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I had more than my fair share of Woodford this weekend. It made for a very fun Saturday. I'm Woodforded out for a while.

-J.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
It really isn't too different than an Irish Coffee. Different, but conceptually not that far off.
Yeah, and it’s not like AS stocks Jameson or Bushmills, or whipped cream and makings for proper Irish Coffee. Bailey’s and a good bourbon is about as close as you’ll get.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mtofell
Sounds like a hot version of a "Duck Fart" (not sure why it's named that?). That drink is Kahlua, Bailey's and Whiskey layered in a martini glass. Not my speed either but I've made many while bartending.
How about Woodford and Sparkling Wine?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Yeah, and it’s not like AS stocks Jameson or Bushmills, or whipped cream and makings for proper Irish Coffee. Bailey’s and a good bourbon is about as close as you’ll get.
Yes I agree. They could replace the Jack Daniels for Jamisons!
Old Feb 14, 2022, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by LWkitty
I still miss my favorite Alaska Airlines cocktail: Bailey's and Crater Lake Hazelnut Espresso vodka on the rocks. I could down 3 of those on a SEA to LAX or LAS flight without blinking.
Well, they both have low ABVs, so the two of them together is only like one "big boy (or girl)" drink My "second dessert" was frequently the Crater Lake Vodka with fizzy water over ice, which made a lovely low alcohol soda.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 8:22 pm

Glenlivet may not be returning, but AS will be introducing Glenfarclas Single Malt Scotch Whisky among other new alcoholic beverage offerings as of March 2nd. 🙌🏼
Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Robert
Glenlivet may not be returning, but AS will be introducing Glenfarclas Single Malt Scotch Whisky among other new alcoholic beverage offerings as of March 2nd. 🙌🏼
Sounds good I will try it on my return flight March 6th!
Robert likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
They have Polar seltzer and tonic water onboard which is surprisingly high-quality for a plane. I usually get Woodford on the rocks and a can of seltzer, and I pour just a dash of seltzer in with each mini. It is just right for me

Back in the day when I was a new frequent flier on some other airline, I used to mix Woodford with Diet Coke. I shudder just thinking about it. What a waste of Diet Coke!!!

-J.
I don't drink colas, and usually take my Woodford straight.On a recent flight my neighbor had a Ginger Ale and Woodford, so I tried it when I got home. Maybe it'll grow on me, but on first try I was decidedly "meh".
NYC Flyer likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Enjoying a double "Woodford Whisper" on PDX-JFK. It admittedly tastes noticeably better in a glass

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.