Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is 100K upgrade priority on AA?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2022, 8:57 am
Original Poster

What is 100K upgrade priority on AA?

Where do AS 100K elites fall into the upgrade priority on AA?
Old Jan 28, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: Alaska MVP 100k
Originally Posted by YYZFlier
It must be high because I got upgraded about ten minutes after purchase😎. More to the point after ExP, I believe👍
tobikosan and UtilityGuy like this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
If your flight is eligible for an upgrade, you’ll automatically be added to the priority list and cleared as early as 72 hours before departure, if seats are available. You can view your priority on the upgrade list in the American Airlines app after check-in starting 12 hours before your flight or at the departure gate. Alaska Elite members with oneworld Emerald Priority Tier (MVP Gold 75k and MVP Gold 100k) will be prioritized after AAdvantage® Platinum Pro members on the upgrade waitlist.

If traveling with a companion, you and your companion will be prioritized together.
[Source]
100k status does not come with any significant benefits over 75k, including upgrade priority on AA.
Robert and buschoi like this.

Last edited by TalkingPoint; Jan 28, 2022 at 10:23 am
Old Jan 28, 2022, 11:17 am

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by YYZFlier
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...elite-benefits

Alaska Elite members with oneworld Emerald Priority Tier (MVP Gold 75k and MVP Gold 100k) will be prioritized after AAdvantage® Platinum Pro members on the upgrade waitlist.
buschoi likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
100k status does not come with any significant benefits over 75k, including upgrade priority on AA.
Thank you. This is disappointing. I knew AS 75K elites were behind AA PP. I was hoping they would bump AS 100K after AA EP, which would make sense. Maybe it will be so for 2023 as part of the new benefits AS has promised for 100K. For 2022, however, the 100K benefits are indeed paltry if we are prioritized behind platinum pro for upgrades.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 11:59 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

My understanding is that EXP and PRO are prioritized after 100K and 75K on AS flights. It seems that each respective airline's OWEs are treated similarly on the other airline.

I hope that we'll see some posts of how the process work in the real world.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dayone
My understanding is that EXP and PRO are prioritized after 100K and 75K on AS flights.l.
I had been wondering about this — I’m 75K with AS (expiring at the end of April), so I’d actually have higher priority using my AA status on AS flights currently if this is how it’s going to work in practice.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 1:09 pm

My understanding is that EXP and PRO are prioritized after 100K and 75K on AS flights.
Originally Posted by metallo
I had been wondering about this — I’m 75K with AS (expiring at the end of April), so I’d actually have higher priority using my AA status on AS flights currently if this is how it’s going to work in practice.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33943659-post4.html
Old Jan 28, 2022, 1:23 pm

No, read my post again.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 1:25 pm

No, read my post again.
Your understanding doesn't match AS's posted statement on how this works.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
No, read my post again.
What am I misunderstanding from your post?

As an AA CK, I’d be behind AS 100k and ahead of AS 75k for AS metal flights, based on what you wrote, correct?

So, if I wanted to upgrade on an AS flight, I’d be better off using my AA FF# instead of my AS FF#.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by thatmikereed
This would be my fear — it’s also sort of odd that I can’t find anything published on the AS website about how the priority is supposed to work.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by thatmikereed
On AS: 100K>75K>EXP>PRO>MVPG.

On AA: EXP>PRO>100K>75K.

What doesn't match?
PABE likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 1:43 pm

As an AA CK, I’d be behind AS 100k and ahead of AS 75k for AS metal flights, based on what you wrote, correct?
I don't know where a CK would be in priority. On AS, my wild guess would be after 75Ks.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 1:47 pm

I don't know where a CK would be in priority. On AS, my wild guess would be after 75Ks.
Yeah, my plan had been to use my AS FF# until my 75K status expires, if looking to upgrade.

Ideally, CK/EP would be right behind 100k, but I also have a suspicion that, since 75K was the top status when all of this was decided, all AA elites are likely still behind AS 75k pax.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if the AS IT has no idea what a CK is, so maybe I’ll be upgraded after MVPs haha. 😂

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.