Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Jordanian RJ Award Redemption Live

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2022, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: lots of little things
Royal Jordanian RJ Award Redemption Live

Seems to be very much in line with recent Ow partner redemption launch levels. I've seen both ME-Africa and NA-ME. Haven't looked for long though.

Old Jan 27, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
BA is looking better and better!
Old Jan 27, 2022, 2:59 pm

The day of outsized value like CX and JL F is over imo. The benefits of Alaska miles are free stopover and easy to earn (mileage based still). But I also just bought 5m AA miles for 20k so I'm just burning Alaska on domestic flights for now.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 3:07 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Quite brutal

Royal Jordanian (US -> Africa)
Economy 50,000 (Same as AT)
Business 120,000 (More than AT)

Royal Jordanian (US -> Europe)
Economy 50,000 (Same as AT)
Business 120,000 (Same as AT)

Royal Jordanian (US -> Middle East)
Economy 42,500 (Less than AT)
Business 85,000 (Less than AT)

Didn't take a chance to look at award charts for non-US based flights yet but doesn't look great
Old Jan 27, 2022, 3:53 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
The day of outsized value like CX and JL F is over imo. The benefits of Alaska miles are free stopover and easy to earn (mileage based still). But I also just bought 5m AA miles for 20k so I'm just burning Alaska on domestic flights for now.
Isn't the maximum number of miles you can purchase capped at 150K per year?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AndyKehn
fire sale at 0.4c/mi? or is it a part of lifelong supply of bonzai trees scheme
ItsAnAdam and beachmouse like this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 9:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Titanium
Flew ​​​​​​ AMM-LHR (just my luck, equipment change from 787 to A321)
I was very impressed with RJ absolutely amazing service and experience. Lounge in AMM has an ice cream machine and coffee bar.
If AS put in the same seats RJ has on the A321 in F it would be a game changer.
Would definitely use AS miles to fly them again.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
fire sale at 0.4c/mi? or is it a part of lifelong supply of bonzai trees scheme
20k donation with simply miles promo. Quite a nice tax deduction this year too. Brutal chart indeed. Which OW partners are left without chart?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 10:24 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Award Wallet ran an article on RJ today. It lists the oneworld partners yet to have award availability.

Award Wallet Article - RJ awards Mileage Plan

The article is "okay" but exhibits a very major flaw. It compares award redemption rates for BA, JL & AA with AS and concludes that AS is not competitive. What it fails to address is that each currency is different nor does it address the "vig" on BA. It is a kiwi & kumquat comparison.

I recently flew an AS 6 segment itinerary covering 9,580 miles over 36 hours and earned 23,950 RDM on a base fare of $152. If I had flown that on AA, I would have earned 760 RDM. Award Wallet is telling me to redeem on AA for a better redemption.

James
dc333 and FlyerDigits like this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 10:38 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
The article is "okay" but exhibits a very major flaw. It compares award redemption rates for BA, JL & AA with AS and concludes that AS is not competitive. What it fails to address is that each currency is different nor does it address the "vig" on BA. It is a kiwi & kumquat comparison.
Ooof. You are being charitable. That is a very bad comparison table. But if it sends people to other programs....
Old Jan 28, 2022, 1:19 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan - MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
​​​​I recently flew an AS 6 segment itinerary covering 9,580 miles over 36 hours and earned 23,950 RDM on a base fare of $152. If I had flown that on AA, I would have earned 760 RDM. Award Wallet is telling me to redeem on AA for a better redemption.
Wow, any chance you could give details on that itinerary? I don't think I've seen anything close to that good cpm
Old Jan 28, 2022, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by remyjette
Wow, any chance you could give details on that itinerary? I don't think I've seen anything close to that good cpm
If you’re not at least a 75k earning a 125% RDM bonus, it’s unlikely to be that good.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
If you’re not at least a 75k earning a 125% RDM bonus, it’s unlikely to be that good.
considering the source, the statistics probably reflect creative rebooking as a result of IROPS/cancellations as well

it's also *completely* irrelevant to this thread's topic of the value proposition of AS redemptions on RJ, but that's another story
Old Nov 17, 2022, 11:58 am

Currently have booked IST-AMM-CAI utilizing a stopover for 40k total in Y. I'm looking to change that and go CAI-AMM-DXB. I see saver level for CAI-AMM (17.5), and AMM-DXB (17.5), but when I use the multisearch on Alaska I can't get anything to pop up.

Am I missing a rule on the AS award chart? Each one way is 17.5 (Y) or 35 (J) for each flight individually and all flights are on RJ. I do see on the award chart that Egypt appears to count as Africa (small photo) for award travel and should be 20k miles but when searching it shows up at 17.5.

edit: based on the award rates they treat Egypt-Amman as a Middle East-Middle East, and there are no intra-stopovers allowed. Problem solved!

Last edited by ellipsicon; Nov 17, 2022 at 3:09 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.