Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reports of 100K Recognition

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2022, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by RaingerRain
Great trip report, how did you get all the flights together? How did you decide which flights to take? Do you know how much you paid?
I scour the internet for deals in markets that I know to offer good routings and I’m always willing to check new markets that I don’t know about. As a result I sift through a hell of a lot of dirt and gravel to find those elusive mileage run nuggets but what the heck – I enjoy the hunt. That's it in a nutshell. I avoid red-eyes like the plague and also factor in the need for occasional off days (train trip, laundry, road trip, etc.). Over all I paid just a bit over $4000 for everything.

Getting back on the original topic, I've only once been acknowledged as a 100K this year and that was by a gate agent after I'd secured a last minute upgrade. Like I say, recognition is nice but hardly an expected or desired perk for me. So long as I'm recognized as 100K in the system and thus able to enjoy benefits such as extra mileage, upgrades and priority waitlist, I couldn't be more satisfied. Thanks, Alaska!
Old Feb 18, 2022, 3:41 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
So long as I'm recognized as 100K in the system and thus able to enjoy benefits such as extra mileage, upgrades and priority waitlist, I couldn't be more satisfied. Thanks, Alaska!
Indeed. I've been upgraded to seat 2A on my flight to EWR.
Seat 2A and FlyingOptimist like this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 5:30 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG-100K; HH-Diamond
2/18...Flying tonight from ATL-SEA. FA warmly acknowledged my 100K status. Seems like the word is spreading...
UtilityGuy likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Reservations is certainly noticing. I had a great agent stay on the phone for almost an hour with me while we tried to figure out why I am having seat selection problems on British Airways. Wasn't even an AS flight and she went wayyy beyond anything I would have expected. At the end she thanked me for being 100k, and that "making sure I was happy was worth it".
Old Feb 20, 2022, 11:01 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, Hilton Diamond
What surprises me is the inconsistency. Don't the gate agents read from a script? Isn't this updated across the system? On the last 6 segments flown 100K was called with first class 2/6 times. (SEA no, PDX yes, EWR no, SFO no, SEA yes) Also, no recognition except one flight where the FA said "Thanks for all your miles flown". I am not sure 100K status is showing at all. The only time I flew in the back the FA said her device showed no status so I'm not sure if those devices are updated consistently either. Maybe just typical AS IT?
FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 12:31 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by mtnsider
What surprises me is the inconsistency. Don't the gate agents read from a script? Isn't this updated across the system? On the last 6 segments flown 100K was called with first class 2/6 times. (SEA no, PDX yes, EWR no, SFO no, SEA yes) Also, no recognition except one flight where the FA said "Thanks for all your miles flown". I am not sure 100K status is showing at all. The only time I flew in the back the FA said her device showed no status so I'm not sure if those devices are updated consistently either. Maybe just typical AS IT?
PDX to SJD this weekend, not only was it not acknowledged but clown show at boarding.

100K boarded in group A. This is fine but another data point.

What was the clown show? As 100K booked my seat as a single and had spouse and kid book on a separate confirmation (both MVPG). Strategy for upgrade when only single seats in FC upgrade list.

sat in board room at PDX until about 10 minutes before boarding (again not unusual activity). When arrived to gate noted that on the upgrade board my seat was changed away from my family. Went up and inquired that my seat had changed back a row and now I was away from my family. Gate agents lectured me why would I make reservation on separate itinerary and that they moved me to accommodate another family “wanting” to sit together. I confirmed that I would prefer to sit next to my family in coach premium seating if a single FC upgrade was not available. They spent the next 20 minutes playing Tetris and still screwing it up. Finally I just game in and said nevermind. Then they proceeded to hand me the wrong name boarding pass then lecture me on how I should have been around 30 minutes before boarding when they were calling my name for seat changes.

yeah 100K acknowledged. Lol.

Last edited by Xrayman; Feb 20, 2022 at 4:42 pm
Old Feb 20, 2022, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Xrayman
Gate agents lectured me why would I make reservation on separate itinerary and that they moved me to accommodate another family “wanting” to sit together. I confirmed that I would prefer to sit next to my family in coach premium seating if a single FC upgrade was not available
That's wonderful /s/ On AS only itineraries with P2 and P3 I book as two separate reservations because I can't get benefits for all 3 of us on one reservation. Definitely contact customer care.
DUT likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: UA Gold = nothing, UA Million Miler; Alaska MVP Gold 100K
JFK/SEA & SEA/EWR last week.
No recognition at either check-in nor on any flights.
All in Paid F.
SEA First Class/Elite check-in yesterday a complete cluster fxxk. 7:30 AM
45 minute wait to check-in with 2 agents working.
What a mess.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 5:00 pm

Programs: AS 100k, AA MM, HH Dia
PDX-PHX last night, was upgraded to U at T-72 or so -- no recognition during boarding or in flight... IFE was inop but internet was working; passenger next to me complained, and I confirmed issue -- FA said she would follow up -- but never did. Service was odd and disconnected: FA did a group announcement before takeoff, and after the meal service, she seemed more interested in playing on her phone than anything else - FA seemed to have forgotten about snack basket and hurried around to offer 20 minutes before landing.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 12:02 am

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
2/23

sitting on flight 478, SFO-JFK. No 100k recognition at the gate or on the flight by the flight crew. Meh
Old Feb 24, 2022, 12:10 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by minhaoxue
2/23

sitting on flight 478, SFO-JFK. No 100k recognition at the gate or on the flight by the flight crew. Meh
Before AA upgrades were automated, I was personally thanked by an AA FA for being an Executive Platinum.

I have had a few "Thank you for flying with us," but only acknowledged as a 100K once. I don't see it as a big deal in F but in Main it seems more fitting when accompanied with the extra snack choice. Although if a FA is asking you what additional snack you would like, it is tacit.

James
hyedmd likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 7:57 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Interestingly since I became 100k I’ve been on 8 flights, never gotten an F upgrade, never been recognized as a 100k,, and only gotten 3 chocolate bars. I was able to get premium seats at booking on each flight though. In the next 4 weeks I have 8 more flights, and have already been upgraded to F on one flight so will see.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Did the return today, JFK-SAN-SFO and no recognition . It was a cluster of a flight. The strong head winds turned the transcontinental flight into a 6 hour 30 min flight. I was a little upset with AS because they knew I was connecting, even the flight crew on my flight knew. I was first out the door and ran over 2 gates only to be told I missed the flight by 3 minutes. In the past on UA as a 1K, they would have held it for me or others. but that is another story.

The AS gate agent could not get me on the next 2 flights as they were fully booked. They could only confirm me on a 9PM departure out of SAN. Again, no one cares about my status. I told the guy that I was not going to hang around for 6 hours and I took out my phone and booked a OW on UA that was leaving in an hour and thirty minutes. The agent just told me to call up AS and they would refund the unused portion. Now, I was reading on here the nightmare of calling and waiting and waiting and waiting. But, the call was picked up on the third ring. she asked to confirm my name and had my itinerary up and I told her I wanted to cancel the last leg. She said "no problem" and I got an email within 5 min. BTW, no recognition by the phone agent. End of my tangent .
Old Feb 24, 2022, 11:10 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Did the return today, JFK-SAN-SFO and no recognition . It was a cluster of a flight. The strong head winds turned the transcontinental flight into a 6 hour 30 min flight. I was a little upset with AS because they knew I was connecting, even the flight crew on my flight knew. I was first out the door and ran over 2 gates only to be told I missed the flight by 3 minutes. In the past on UA as a 1K, they would have held it for me or others. but that is another story.

The AS gate agent could not get me on the next 2 flights as they were fully booked. They could only confirm me on a 9PM departure out of SAN. Again, no one cares about my status. I told the guy that I was not going to hang around for 6 hours and I took out my phone and booked a OW on UA that was leaving in an hour and thirty minutes. The agent just told me to call up AS and they would refund the unused portion. Now, I was reading on here the nightmare of calling and waiting and waiting and waiting. But, the call was picked up on the third ring. she asked to confirm my name and had my itinerary up and I told her I wanted to cancel the last leg. She said "no problem" and I got an email within 5 min. BTW, no recognition by the phone agent. End of my tangent .
What happens when the three 100ks on the flight to SFO miss their connection because they needed to wait for you?

AS has held flights for for when it makes sense in that exact scenario, my flight to SFO was late and I would’ve missed my connection but the gate agents held the plane to I could make it.
anteater and ItsAnAdam like this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 1:36 am

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K

Next time this happens, tell AS to rebook you on UA. Since it's due to IRROPs and not your fault, AS has the responsibility to send you to your destination ASAP. Never compromise with that refund option. I always ask airlines to rebook me on other airlines of my choice (as long as they have agreement, which I believe AS/UA/DL/AA can rebook each other). Don't accept refund, because it saves airline's hassle but won't save yours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.