Reports of 100K Recognition

Old Feb 13, 2022, 6:31 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
So I didn't get anything on my last few flights. But the FA did thank me on RSW/SEA.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 6:48 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Slightly off topic, but have any of us 100ks heard yet how the AA global upgrades will work? I’m booking PDX/AMS in June and looking at Condor, Iceland Air and they are 1/3 the price of AA via SEA, LAX, DFW. Even paying for Business it’s less than coach on AA. If I am guessing right the coupons will be a one class upgrade, so main to premium or premium to business or business to first, so to get business or first I have to book at least premium- right? Even though as a 100k I should be able to get premium at booking. I’m a little lost here on what to expect and want to capitalize on a decent business fare.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by Waitlisted
Slightly off topic, but have any of us 100ks heard yet how the AA global upgrades will work? Iím booking PDX/AMS in June and looking at Condor, Iceland Air and they are 1/3 the price of AA via SEA, LAX, DFW. Even paying for Business itís less than coach on AA. If I am guessing right the coupons will be a one class upgrade, so main to premium or premium to business or business to first, so to get business or first I have to book at least premium- right? Even though as a 100k I should be able to get premium at booking. Iím a little lost here on what to expect and want to capitalize on a decent business fare.
We're all waiting, still no news since you started this thread: International upgrade certificates on AA
Waitlisted likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 10:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Flying SEA - DEN as Iím writing this. No status recognition, not only 100k members but any other ones (75k, etc.) in first class. Personally, itís not a big deal for me. So Iím just sharing my experience and not really complaining.
Seat 2A and mtofell like this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:55 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, Alaska MVPG100K, Marriott Titanium Elite
Flying MCO- SEA today, no recognition for me (100K) and seatmate (MVPG). Absolutely wonderful flight attendant however.
mtofell likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
We’re currently flying PDX-HNL in premium. We were 1 and 2 on the UG list . Our middle seat remained vacant, a nice consolation prize. We talked briefly with one FA who said it looked like the GAs were filling the non-premium middle seats first.

He had come back to talk to us after the handing out of meals to thank us for our business. He said his device showed us as 100K but his colleague (the FA who had handed us our meal packs) had a device showing no status at all for us.

He gave us our chocolates and then offered us our choice of the three “special” snacks, the first time in four post-February 1 flights that’s happened. It’s clear AS has implemented 100k recognition on the fly (pun intended) and I’ll bet it smooths out soon.

So far another very pleasant AS flight.
Seat 2A likes this.

Last edited by Fredd; Feb 14, 2022 at 12:55 pm
Old Feb 14, 2022, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Fredd
Weíre currently flying PDX-HNL in premium. We were 1 and 2 on the UG list . Our middle seat remained vacant, a nice consolation prize. We talked briefly with one FA who said it looked like the GAs were filling the non-premium middle seats first.

He had come back to talk to us after the handing out of meals to thank us for our business. He said his device showed us as 100K but his colleague (the FA who had handed us our meal packs) had a device showing no status at all for us.

He gave us our chocolates and then offered us our choice of the three ďspecialĒ snacks, the first time in four post-February 1 flights thatís happened. Itís clear AS has implemented 100k recognition on the fly (pun intended) and Iíll bet it smooths out soon.

So far another very pleasant AS flight.
Glad it worked out but if I were a 100K each missed upgrade would be rough....I already feel that was as a 75K.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
I too have rarely received recognition as a 100K. Truth be told, I tend to get more notice as a Million Miler. That said, the recognition is nice but it's no big deal to me if I don't get it. Though I do try to set aside a bit of time on each flight for questions and autographs, I must admit that anonymity suits me rather well.

On tomorrow's flight to Anchorage, I am number 6 on the waitlist. SEA-ANC may be the most status heavy of all Alaska routes. As a consolation prize, the aircraft is currently scheduled to be one of the four (out of a fleet of 91) 737-900s that I have not yet flown upon. Collect them all, I say!!
NoLaGent, anteater and UtilityGuy like this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
I too have rarely received recognition as a 100K. Truth be told, I tend to get more notice as a Million Miler. That said, the recognition is nice but it's no big deal to me if I don't get it. Though I do try to set aside a bit of time on each flight for questions and autographs, I must admit that anonymity suits me rather well.

On tomorrow's flight to Anchorage, I am number 6 on the waitlist. SEA-ANC may be the most status heavy of all Alaska routes. As a consolation prize, the aircraft is currently scheduled to be one of the four (out of a fleet of 91) 737-900s that I have not yet flown upon. Collect them all, I say!!
I wonder if there is a correlation between the type of aircraft Alaska is flying and the amount of recognition you receive. I should check my upcoming flights.

Soon to be seated in 1A. Iíll be sure not to lean too far back!
Old Feb 15, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Glad it worked out but if I were a 100K each missed upgrade would be rough....I already feel that was as a 75K.
So far I'm 0/2. I have never ever missed an upgrade to Hawaii (30 trips?).

Fredd - middle seat empty in the bulkhead is better than FC unless you love polenta or quinoa.
Fredd likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 8:51 am

Programs: Alaska Air Miles
After a bunch of cancelled flights throughout January and rebooking into February (no free EQM email unfortunately), Iíve finally finished my mileage runs for the year and hit 100K+ miles flown. Now Iím good through 2023 and will hopeful get to see some of those non-lite 100K benefits a year from now. Also, this last flight was the first time that the FA recognized first class passengers who had 100K status (normally Iíve only heard it when Iíve been back in coach).
Old Feb 16, 2022, 9:19 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by FlyingOptimist
After a bunch of cancelled flights throughout January and rebooking into February (no free EQM email unfortunately), Iíve finally finished my mileage runs for the year and hit 100K+ miles flown. Now Iím good through 2023 and will hopeful get to see some of those non-lite 100K benefits a year from now. Also, this last flight was the first time that the FA recognized first class passengers who had 100K status (normally Iíve only heard it when Iíve been back in coach).
That is an impressive achievement. If i may ask, on what date did you hit 100K EQMs? You may be the the first to achieve MVP Gold 100K this year. 🤙🏻🍹
FlyingOptimist likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 9:26 am

Programs: Alaska Air Miles
Originally Posted by anteater
That is an impressive achievement. If i may ask, on what date did you hit 100K EQMs? You may be the the first to achieve MVP Gold 100K this year. 🤙🏻🍹
My last flight was last night (February 15th) from JFK to PDX which ended me at 102,340 EQM. I may be the first person to post about it, but I think there was one or two other people who I believe completed their mileage runs already from looking at other threads.
anteater likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 11:10 am

Programs: AS 100k, AA MM, HH Dia
PHX-PDX upgraded at T-24 to the one remaining seat in F. Frustrated that there was only one Ďoptioní to pre select a meal - catering needs to get more options available! FA thanked me for being 100k.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by FlyingOptimist
My last flight was last night (February 15th) from JFK to PDX which ended me at 102,340 EQM. I may be the first person to post about it, but I think there was one or two other people who I believe completed their mileage runs already from looking at other threads.
Why? Please, I'm not getting why you are all doing this. Are you planning on hitting Diamond on DL? EXP on AA? SW companion pass? I'm truly curious. Help me understand.
FlyingOptimist likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.