Reports of 100K Recognition

Old Feb 10, 2022, 4:20 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 985X
FA only confirmed my order without mentioning status. Not a big deal, but is that because I don't look like a 100k
You're much too fit, rich and handsome to look like a 100K.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 6:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by dayone
You're much too fit, rich and handsome to look like a 100K.
Now I know why FAs tend to recognize me more and more often....
Old Feb 12, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
2/12 AS 840 BOS-SEA first flight as 100k. 100k included in first class boarding.

FA on first drink run did not mention anything about status so I asked, and she said she didn't have me as 100k or any status at all on the app. She did see all my January cancellations though and offered her sincere apologies. Also a chocolate bar, 2 bags of "premium snack" chips, and said I was entitled to a picnic pack. Wasn't hungry so didn't take her up on it. Didn't hear her acknowledge any other 100k's.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 2:51 pm

DEN - SEA: A FA was extremely nice and mentioned if F passengers had 75k or 100k. There were 3-4 of 100k including myself. But no additional snack and no chocolate.

SEA - JFK: no recognition, no additional snack, no chocolate

JFK - SEA: no recognition, no welcoming by name, no additional snack but got a chocolate
Old Feb 12, 2022, 2:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by hyedmd
DEN - SEA: A FA was extremely nice and mentioned if F passengers had 75k or 100k. There were 3-4 of 100k including myself. But no additional snack and no chocolate.

SEA - JFK: no recognition, no additional snack, no chocolate

JFK - SEA: no recognition, no welcoming by name, no additional snack but got a chocolate
You probably already know this, but in case others don’t, you shouldn’t expect a chocolate or extra snack when seated in F. Not sure if you were in F or Y for the transcons.
minhaoxue, AS737, anteater and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
You probably already know this, but in case others don’t, you shouldn’t expect a chocolate or extra snack when seated in F. Not sure if you were in F or Y for the transcons.
Premium cabin. All these flights were last-minute decisions, and I did not get a first-class upgrade, which is fine.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by hyedmd
Premium cabin. All these flights were last-minute decisions, and I did not get a first-class upgrade, which is fine.
Interesting. Thanks for the datapoints. Hard to tell if it is an issue with FAs or their devices not showing 100K status… plenty of reports of the latter.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 5:22 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
A lot of flights I have been on lately have been very Elite Heavy. SEA-PHX last night didn't have enough chocolate bars to go around. They even tried pilfering extras off of adjacent aircraft, to no avail. There may be a few misses while supply is replenished, or at least, if & when, the issue gets through the ranks.

James
Old Feb 12, 2022, 7:28 pm

Programs: AS100K, AS Lounge+, Marriott Plat, SBUXG, GE, Costco Exec, Amazon Prime, Nat Parks Yearly Pass
So far since 100K activated this year, 8/8 for UGs, 0/8 status acknowledged. No biggie.

AS1432 SEA-LAS F FA acknowledged at least 3 75Ks and coupla Golds, but nothing for me.

AS183 SFO-EWR 2/9 No status acknowledgment. Extremely light flight… heard agent say 13 passengers on board, 6 of us in F.

AS773 EWR-SAN 2/10 No status acknowledgment.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by the42ndstate
So far since 100K activated this year, 8/8 for UGs, 0/8 status acknowledged. No biggie.

AS1432 SEA-LAS F FA acknowledged at least 3 75Ks and coupla Golds, but nothing for me.

AS183 SFO-EWR 2/9 No status acknowledgment. Extremely light flight… heard agent say 13 passengers on board, 6 of us in F.

AS773 EWR-SAN 2/10 No status acknowledgment.
Similar situation here. 0/6 for acknowledgments, 6/6 for upgrades. Certainly can’t complain at this point.

I just walked back to Y to use the lavatory and asked the 3 FAs back there what they gave out to 100Ks sitting in the back. 2 of them seemed genuinely confused and had never heard of 100K but when the 3rd FA overheard, he came and took the snack drawer out of the cart to show me the selection and gave me some chocolate covered almonds. Seems like the FAs aren’t all up to speed
Old Feb 12, 2022, 8:57 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K

AS431 LAX-SEA
FA came to my seat, thanked me for being a 100k, and asked me snack selection.
Carfield and RAD_PDX like this.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 9:24 pm

Warm and welcoming greetings from the FA on my SKW flight today. Not like reading from template or “cross one thing off my todo list for the job.” I wrote positively in the Alaska listens after my flight, hopefully she gets recognized when more people do so.

Her professionalism and attentive remind me why I chose AS.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
My convo with an FA the other day
"Hey do you guys got any of the premium snacks available?"
"Yes, for a charge"
"Oh, aren't those complimentary for 100K?"
"No, you get the chocolate!"
"Do you mind checking when you get a chance"
"Here just take it"

And she didn't give my my chocolate

Unfortunately that flight follows a curse that I've had for years now, in which while all my Alaska flights have been amazing, every single time I fly on LAX-FLL city pair, I've had some horrible experiences. This have included an FA who slapped my hand when I tried reaching for the snack basket cuz of covid? And this flight when another FA strictly said to only use the FA call button for emergencies ONLY. And when she was walking by 4 hours into the flight I signaled her down to ask for water, she just said "oh you gotta go to the back for that" and just leaves... Is this petty, yup, but that's really not the normal Alaska experience and hospitality I'm normally used to.
Carfield likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 4:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K: NEXUS: Global Entry
Originally Posted by itripreport
My convo with an FA the other day
"Hey do you guys got any of the premium snacks available?"
"Yes, for a charge"
"Oh, aren't those complimentary for 100K?"
"No, you get the chocolate!"
"Do you mind checking when you get a chance"
"Here just take it"

And she didn't give my my chocolate

Unfortunately that flight follows a curse that I've had for years now, in which while all my Alaska flights have been amazing, every single time I fly on LAX-FLL city pair, I've had some horrible experiences. This have included an FA who slapped my hand when I tried reaching for the snack basket cuz of covid? And this flight when another FA strictly said to only use the FA call button for emergencies ONLY. And when she was walking by 4 hours into the flight I signaled her down to ask for water, she just said "oh you gotta go to the back for that" and just leaves... Is this petty, yup, but that's really not the normal Alaska experience and hospitality I'm normally used to.
Yes, on my flights so far this year after 1/31/22, the chocolate and 100k snack distribution has been very uneven. On some of the flights that I have been upgraded to First, I have received the chocolate and thanked for my 100k status; but usually no recognition nor chocolate.. When I get upgraded to First, I am happy just to be in First and will take any thing or nothing! Then on my Premium seat flights, I sometimes get the chocolate. I have been on one flight where the FA gave me one of each of the three 100k snack choices and on my Flight last week in Premium with just the one food/beverage trip cart, I went to the back and requested a water and asked about the 100k snack. FA whipped out a basket with the snacks and told me to pick (got the impression that FA forgot about the 100k snack basket). Did not get the chocolate on this flight.

So if you are 100K are you supposed to get the chocolate AND the snack?
Old Feb 13, 2022, 5:11 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Seattle123
Yes, on my flights so far this year after 1/31/22, the chocolate and 100k snack distribution has been very uneven. On some of the flights that I have been upgraded to First, I have received the chocolate and thanked for my 100k status; but usually no recognition nor chocolate.. When I get upgraded to First, I am happy just to be in First and will take any thing or nothing! Then on my Premium seat flights, I sometimes get the chocolate. I have been on one flight where the FA gave me one of each of the three 100k snack choices and on my Flight last week in Premium with just the one food/beverage trip cart, I went to the back and requested a water and asked about the 100k snack. FA whipped out a basket with the snacks and told me to pick (got the impression that FA forgot about the 100k snack basket). Did not get the chocolate on this flight.

So if you are 100K are you supposed to get the chocolate AND the snack?
Kind of. Official policy and applies only when seated in the Main Cabin:

So if you're in PC, you're already getting a free drink, so yes to chocolate and snack. Regular Y, you're supposed to choose on the first part. Do FAs follow these rules? Well, we all know the answer to that. It usually errs in one's favor, tho.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.