Reports of 100K Recognition

Old Feb 7, 2022, 4:09 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
Original Poster

SEA-ANC is definitely WFBF (Want First, Buy First).
Old Feb 7, 2022, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
SEA-ANC is definitely WFBF (Want First, Buy First).
For sure.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 9:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
According to a recent Flight Attendant, the amount of 100k flyers for the year is a little north of 10k AS members. I have no idea whether that is (a) accurate or (b) high in a normal year relative to peers
Old Feb 8, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
A person counts only once per all trips?
Old Feb 8, 2022, 4:06 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Just flew SEA-KOA in F and you wouldn’t even know that 100k existed.

Boarding - First class announced than Group A announced “including eligible elites and members from partner airlines” (no mention of 100k)

In-Flight - FA confirmed my pre-order meal and asked what beverage I wanted. I could overhear and the same was done to all other passengers. No thanks to anyone of any status. The FA was pretty incredible though and always asking to refill drinks and offered snack basket with two rounds.

I don’t know whether it would’ve been different if I was in economy and would have had recognition and the snack etc but for me, it just didn’t seem to matter to have elite status at all. This was also a paid F ticket.

Prior to this flight, I flew RDM-SEA in Y

Boarding - First class then Group A “including 100ks, Million Milers, etc”

in-flight - I was thanked for being a “100” and received two different chocolates and two pours of wine on a short flight. Super attentive FA. Love my horizon flights.

Even though boarding wasn’t followed correctly, the inflight was top notch.
TEDisgone and anteater like this.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 6:20 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by wanderlust4life
Just flew SEA-KOA in F and you wouldn’t even know that 100k existed.

Boarding - First class announced than Group A announced “including eligible elites and members from partner airlines” (no mention of 100k)

In-Flight - FA confirmed my pre-order meal and asked what beverage I wanted. I could overhear and the same was done to all other passengers. No thanks to anyone of any status. The FA was pretty incredible though and always asking to refill drinks and offered snack basket with two rounds.
Same here on today’s SFO-ORD.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Flew today SNA-SFO and no recognition for 100k. Odd thing, I was sitting in 1A on a E175 and before the door closed, the ground staff came on and spoke to the F attendant. I saw her hand him a piece of paper and said that this is the list of F passengers with 100k status. Still no recognition even when he came around to take the drink order. Personally , I really don’t care, just like the chocolates .

On a side note, today was my first flight for the year. Well on my way to requalify for 100k. 😊

Old Feb 9, 2022, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
AS117 SEA-PDX the FA came along and loudly welcomed 2 people for the amazing number of miles. He did a second and third pass thanking the 75ks for their Business.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 9:18 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
I'm curious - has anyone NOT got an upgrade cleared? What I'm specifically curious about is -- on the mobile boarding pass, for a 100K sitting in whY, what "Group" does it show you as?
Old Feb 9, 2022, 10:06 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by maradori
I'm curious - has anyone NOT got an upgrade cleared? What I'm specifically curious about is -- on the mobile boarding pass, for a 100K sitting in whY, what "Group" does it show you as?
Group A when you are not in F
anteater and FlyerDigits like this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 10:44 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by maradori
I have not had an upgrade cleared and my group was A and we boarded with A. FC boarded by themselves on my SEA-OGG flight. I'll tell you what OGG-SEA will be like because it is not likely that we (two 100Ks will clear that flight either - redeye on a friday).
Old Feb 9, 2022, 10:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
JFK-SFO, AS657 2/9/2022
First Class called, no mention of 100K. I was sleeping when the F FA came around to take drink orders (I started in IST) so I don't know if there was any recognition then. She did come back later and asked "Can I get you anything to drink James."

James
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:21 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
SFO-JFK AS478 2/9/22

After pre-board, First Class called to board, no mention of 100K, no recognition onboard. It seems to be consistent for boarding and being in F in my experience. The only recognition I have received was when not in F.

James
pcoll likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:39 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
SFO-JFK AS478 2/9/22

The only recognition I have received was when not in F.

James
This right here is the same for me too ... I dont know if its because Im actively listening and waiting for recognition now that im 100k, but it feels like I got recognized as a 75k way more consistently even in F. Also, out of the maybe 10 times ive talked to reservations, Ive only had the "thanks for being 100k, we appreciate your loyalty..." only THREE times. Perhaps, there are just so many elites across the board especially in this overlapping period that most employees have opted out of the recognition altogether. And yes I know its not the end of the world to not be recognized, but I sure was hyped up for this new tier ever since it was announced. If Alaska would just provide 100ks with a free cheese platter, then I could not care less if I was thanked again :-P Throw in a warm cookie too!

Last edited by wanderlust4life; Feb 10, 2022 at 1:46 am
Old Feb 10, 2022, 4:12 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
SEA-LAX today. Sitting in 4A.

Overheard FA thanked 3A for being 100K. FA thanked 4C for being a member for 45 years (?) and asked if he did some intl trips recently. FA only confirmed my order without mentioning status. Not a big deal, but is that because I don't look like a 100k
Carfield, pcoll, joachimm and 2 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.