Reports of 100K Recognition

Old Feb 1, 2022, 9:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by jiburi
Switch-over is happening slower for inflight crew. Some inflight service apps are not showing 100K status yet. Hopefully, the person serving you has the upgraded apps, otherwise, you might need to give them a "friendly reminder".

Jiburi
I typically don't ask for the chocolate if they don't give it to me themselves. That's ok, not a big deal for me. At the end, it's just a piece of cheap chocolate. But since I started flying AS in late 2019, I haven't encountered so much inconsistency at so many levels (FAs, gate agents, call center customer support, etc.) in these past few weeks. Two weeks ago AS canceled my flight twice making me void two other reservations - when I asked them to put me on a flight to a final destination, they said sure no problem, it'd cost you another $400. I doubt UA treats their 1k passengers like that.
minhaoxue likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 9:26 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hyedmd
Two weeks ago AS canceled my flight twice making me void two other reservations - when I asked them to put me on a flight to a final destination, they said sure no problem, it'd cost you another $400. I doubt UA treats their 1k passengers like that.
Granted I’ve had incredible success with the dedicated United 1K desk in being accommodated within and outside the rules, Alaska has more agents on the flexible end than not. I know it’s YMMV but the HUCA method can really pay off if you are persistent. My hope is that despite not having an exclusive 100k desk or certain agents specialized for “us,” there will be reports of the agents going above and beyond. I may not have the best consistency with inflight crew, but I genuinely appreciate the call center teams. Perhaps, we will have a 100k team in 2023 😝
TravelingZoomer and hyedmd like this.

Last edited by wanderlust4life; Feb 1, 2022 at 9:34 pm
Old Feb 1, 2022, 9:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by wanderlust4life
Granted Iíve had incredible success with the dedicated United 1K desk in being accommodated within and outside the rules, Alaska has more agents on the flexible end than not. I know itís YMMV but the HUCA method can really pay off if you are persistent. My hope is that despite not having a decided 100k desk or certain agents specialized for ďus,Ē there will be reports of the agents going above and beyond. I may not have the best consistency with inflight crew, but I genuinely appreciate the call center teams. Perhaps, we will have a 100k team in 2023 😝
UA was much more accommodating to change my flights during a terrible snowstorm a year ago, and I'm just a lowly Silver elite. That's ok, things happen, and I hope this is just my temporary bad luck with AS.
wanderlust4life likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Sat Feb 5 - AS 1352 SFO-BOS. Flight attendant expressed her thanks for our status during F meal+drink pre-departure order taking

Hooooooly carp we have so many 100Ks on this flight. Didnít pay attention to the count, but it feels like half of F is 100K. Got some 75K and regular Golds in F as well

Given how many times I heard the FA thank people for being 100K, I am so glad I MRed to 100K
joachimm likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: AS 75K
2/3 - PDX>SEA, SEA>OGG - No mention of anything from anyone on either flight, no chocolate bars, extra snacks, etc. Had I wanted anything I'd just ask but I have zero interest in the snacks and whatnot.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by mtofell
2/3 - PDX>SEA, SEA>OGG - No mention of anything from anyone on either flight, no chocolate bars, extra snacks, etc. Had I wanted anything I'd just ask but I have zero interest in the snacks and whatnot.
I have no interest in asking. If I have to ask, itís not the same.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
2/5 JFK-SEA AS7.
Delayed due to JFK traffic and de-icing. Late arrival into SEA. Potentially missing connection. FA checked my itinerary and told me I'm gonna make it since my connecting flight is the same terminal. No recognition of 100k but she actually checked my itinerary to see if I would miss my connection. Then I received text message saying missed connection. I rushed to the gate (same gate same aircraft going to LAX). Gate agent printed the boarding pass as the system doesn't allow me check-in online.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 8:50 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by maradori
Sat Feb 5 - AS 1352 SFO-BOS. Flight attendant expressed her thanks for our status during F meal+drink pre-departure order taking

Hooooooly carp we have so many 100Ks on this flight. Didnít pay attention to the count, but it feels like half of F is 100K. Got some 75K and regular Golds in F as well

Given how many times I heard the FA thank people for being 100K, I am so glad I MRed to 100K
I was also on this flight haha. After hearing the FA say that so many times, I'm actually surprised to be where I was on the list on a G fare.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 9:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt
I did four segments today between PDX and SEA and I'm just confirming the inconsistency others have encountered:

PDX-SEA [Q400] | full service (well, for the shuttle) and I was thanked for being 100K and received a chocolate
SEA-PDX [E175] | 100Ks invited to board with F | water service only; no recognition or chocolate
PDX-SEA [E175] | 100Ks not invited to board with F | no service; no recognition or chocolate
SEA-PDX [A320] | 100Ks invited to board with F | no service; no recognition or chocolate

I was flying in Saver today so no Premium seating or upgrades. After my second arrival into SEA I stopped off at the store by C2 and bought my own chocolate!
Old Feb 5, 2022, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TEDisgone
I did four segments today between PDX and SEA and I'm just confirming the inconsistency others have encountered:

PDX-SEA [Q400] | full service (well, for the shuttle) and I was thanked for being 100K and received a chocolate
SEA-PDX [E175] | 100Ks invited to board with F | water service only; no recognition or chocolate
PDX-SEA [E175] | 100Ks not invited to board with F | no service; no recognition or chocolate
SEA-PDX [A320] | 100Ks invited to board with F | no service; no recognition or chocolate

I was flying in Saver today so no Premium seating or upgrades. After my second arrival into SEA I stopped off at the store by C2 and bought my own chocolate!
If you would have been in F on the E175 flights, you probably would have had a full beverage service. I only consider Saver of its on the Q400 with no PC or F.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 1:47 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100K
My experience on PDX-SEA on a Q400 yesterday :"Captain said it will be a bumpy ride, so there will be no service..!!" So just sit back, relax and stare at each other lol ...I wonder why dont they give out the chocolate before taking off ???
TEDisgone and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Was on AS418 SEA-MCI on Friday 2/4. Our F/A Cheryl personally thanked each customer in F for being whatever status they were. There were three of us 100Ks on the -900, at least up front.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 3:23 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
Original Poster

As anteater wisely suggested, there are more of "us" than we think.
anteater and Seattle123 like this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
As anteater wisely suggested, there are more of "us" than we think.
Data point: I am 9 on the upgrade waitlist for my ANC-SEA flight tomorrow.
anteater likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by FlyerDigits
Data point: I am 9 on the upgrade waitlist for my ANC-SEA flight tomorrow.
And 75s are likely in the 20s, but that's an insanely tough route too.
FlyerDigits likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.