Reports of 100K Recognition

Old Mar 4, 2022, 10:52 am

Programs: AS MVP75K
Do the flight attendants have there own work issued tablets (phones) or they pick up there tablet each day? I assumed the tablets either stayed on the plane or they handed them in at a central point in sea-tac (and picked them up when arriving at sea-tac, or wherever they are out of). But now thinking about it, the logistics would be difficult to make that happen, so it makes sense they are issued work tablets which they bring with them. The same as I'm issued a work laptop and carry with me wherever I go for work. So its up to the individual flight attendant to update their apps on the phone in a timely manner?

-Are the tablets Iphone or Android based?
-Do these phones have internet access, on the plane, that they can browse the web on, when sitting in there jump seats?
-Do these phones have a functional phone (or they disabled)?
-Can they load the phone up with personal apps?
-Do other airlines pretty work the same way with their company issued phones (tablets) to their flight attendants?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm intrigued by this. My engineering brain kicking in, or maybe just being a little noisy.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Thatís cool to see, and also makes me wish I could preorder a cheeseburger.
pcoll likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 4:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by pcoll
Wondering about the exclamation mark on 2D. What does that mean? Thx
My guess is the exclamation point is an indication the passenger has experienced recent IROPS and the Burger means a pre-ordered meal.

In my case in Premium, I had to ask about the 100k snack benefit and she said she didn't show me with status at all, but she said she saw all the recent cancellations I'd been experiencing. This would be the easiest way to let FA know if they might be dealing with a grumpy pax.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
AS772 EWR-SAN. I was in first class. While confirming my pre-order, FA said "you do this a lot! Almost 100K!" I wonder if she could see all my recent crazy trips or it's because I walked off the same plane inbound and boarded the same plane outbound so she knew I was doing MR and could see my EQM??
Old Mar 6, 2022, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by 985X
AS772 EWR-SAN. I was in first class. While confirming my pre-order, FA said "you do this a lot! Almost 100K!" I wonder if she could see all my recent crazy trips or it's because I walked off the same plane inbound and boarded the same plane outbound so she knew I was doing MR and could see my EQM??
Was it the same flight attendants inbound & outbound? I'm curious too as what they see on their phone/tablet.

I know that if you book 2-4 segments into one reservation, then they see all of that. But if you a reservation with only one segment, then I think that's all they see along with your membership status.

Are you 75K or 100K? If you're 75K then maybe it makes sense for her to say you're almost 100K. But if you're currently 100K, then they can probably see your EQM.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 6:20 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
DEN - SEA - DEN this past weekend. Two different crews. No verbal recognition of any elite, not just 100k. Personally, I'm fine to have no verbal recognition. I'd rather have my checked bags first and not at the very end of the unloading, as I consistently get.
PlowJockey likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
I did SEA MCO SEA this weekend in Economy and while they gave me the 75K chocolate bar, both crews forgot to give me the 100K snack. After the first service, I did get them when I visited the galley but seem it's still not automatic.

Jiburi
Old Mar 10, 2022, 10:12 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K: NEXUS: Global Entry
Did the SEA-RDU-SEA Run yesterday. For boarding, 100k announced with group A. I was in premium and got the chocolate bar and later in flight inquired about the 100k snack. Flight attendant checked his app and yes, I was showing as 100k. Forgot! Took out basket of 100k snacks and was given my choice. For RDU to SEA got my first class upgrade!
Old Mar 10, 2022, 10:45 pm

I've only been recognized as gold member, not 100K. I don't really care for the 100K snack. Most times I just want to be left alone.
minhaoxue, 57skibird and hyedmd like this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Mostly I am not recognized as a 100k, sometimes I am as a MM. On my recent Horizon flight BOI SEA the woman across the aisle from me was also a MM, neither one of us had our status acknowledged. Last month, my seat mate was a MM and has the same first name as me, the FA was thanking him for his service etc, chatting a bit about all his travel and then as she asked me for my beverage order she noticed I too was a MM and said wow, amazing to see two on a flight.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
75K here. Flew mainline SJC-SEA last night. Was somewhere near the middle of the upgrade list for F. Ended up in PC, 5th on the list. Person across the aisle got a battlefield upgrade and found out when the passenger assigned to his now-empty seat showed up with a duplicate boarding pass.

During service, I got the "thanks for 75K" chocolate. I asked "how many 100K's do you see?" Her answer made me laugh: "Very few - they're all up front!"
Old Mar 14, 2022, 8:11 am

Programs: AS MVP75K
PSP-SEA. March 14. Flt. 1450. No recognition. No chocolate.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
OGG-SEA March 13. No chocolate, drink offer, or hello. To be fair, none of my 75k companions got recognized either.

Speaking of courtesy, our last 4 flights have been significantly delayed, but no apologies of any kind were mentioned on board. This probably irks me more than the delay itself. Or maybe I'm turning into a grumpy old traveller.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by QT31415
OGG-SEA March 13. No chocolate, drink offer, or hello. To be fair, none of my 75k companions got recognized either.

Speaking of courtesy, our last 4 flights have been significantly delayed, but no apologies of any kind were mentioned on board. This probably irks me more than the delay itself. Or maybe I'm turning into a grumpy old traveller.
"Hello" is reserved for 2023 benefits.
dayone, QT31415, anhuang19 and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:25 pm

JFK to SEA -- Gate agent vacuumed the carpet on the jet bridge all the way down to the aircraft door and then the FA threw out rose petals all the way to my seat.
ual744777sta and mtofell like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.