Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

How to survive 11 hours on a 737 TPA-SEA-ANC

How to survive 11 hours on a 737 TPA-SEA-ANC

Old Jan 27, 22, 1:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by AndyKehn View Post
Just get smashed pre departure and time will fly
I think this means something completely different to millennials, and it doesn't involve consuming excessive amounts of alcohol. Not quite sure how that would make traveling easier, or make this thread applicable specifically to AS and this forum....
Old Jan 27, 22, 1:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by jrl767 View Post
bingo

where would the "Views From Above the Wing" thread be without people like us to populate it?
I, too, love staring out the window. and also love seeing those. I'll have to start posting my own from some recent trips.
Old Jan 27, 22, 2:01 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Edibles, entertainment, and take advantage of your layover(s) with food/lounge/etc.. For entertainment I usually bring an iPad with downloaded shows and a portable gaming system of some kind. Take advantage of lounges, if possible, at any of the airports you are in. I always pack a change of clothes and advil if I'll be doing a same day turn on an itinerary like this.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jan 27, 22, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: DL KM, AS MVP, F9 50K, Bonvoy Plat, RHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Natl Exec, Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rwds
Originally Posted by clarrkkent View Post
Edibles, entertainment, and take advantage of your layover(s) with food/lounge/etc.. For entertainment I usually bring an iPad with downloaded shows and a portable gaming system of some kind. Take advantage of lounges, if possible, at any of the airports you are in. I always pack a change of clothes and advil if I'll be doing a same day turn on an itinerary like this.
I once had a seatmate offer me an edible (I had offered her a full take-out item from Bambuza since I just used my PP credit). Unfortunately I had a drug test the following day But she seemed to have a very relaxing flight.

-J.
Old Jan 27, 22, 2:52 pm

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
I've done MCO-MSP-FAI and FAI-SEA-MCO in middle seats. Fortunately I had family in adjacent window and aisle seats so that helped make it bearable. We had substantial layovers in MSP on the way out and SEA on the return. We took a relaxing dinner break in MSP and had Priority Pass lounge access in SEA to break up the travel claustrophobia. Our flight schedules encouraged sleep on the flight segments into and out of FAI.
Old Jan 27, 22, 2:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Always smart to always bring an extra day (especially if you're just planning for same day turn) of clothes, meds, etc just in case.. You never know when a cancelled flight will keep you longer than expected.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Jan 27, 22, 4:10 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by GW McLintock View Post
I once had a seatmate offer me an edible (I had offered her a full take-out item from Bambuza since I just used my PP credit). Unfortunately I had a drug test the following day But she seemed to have a very relaxing flight.

-J.
I bet.

I know there are people that have no problem sleeping on a plane. I'm not one of them, so I survive my red-eyes by taking an Advil or Tylenol PM plus an edible and decline any F upgrades so I can use the wall to sleep against. I'm usually asleep before we even take off and don't wake until the wheels hit the ground.
Old Jan 27, 22, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS G75k, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
I'm usually asleep before we even take off and don't wake until the wheels hit the ground.
I am very jealous. Havent done a red eye in years because I always arrive as a Zombie.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jan 27, 22, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I've gotten so used to same day transcon returns that nothing to me. Though my tolerance has slowly been decreasing due to lack of ultra long haul travel.

decline any F upgrades so I can use the wall to sleep against
I can't sleep well normally but got my best recent attempt in seat 6A on redeye even though I forgot my side sleeper pillow. The last redeye trip before i was upgraded and couldn't sleep even with my pillow.

Search this Thread