Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

I Got/Didn't Get 100K Upgrade on AS (2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I Got/Didn't Get 100K Upgrade on AS (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:16 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 985X

Same for SEA-JFK tonight. All non-rev cleared into F. I never tried that KBBQ short rib before so I stayed awake for the meal service, it's the heaviest meal I've ever had on AS..
I am on AS478 now SFO-JFK. 5 empty F seats. Matched exactly to EF seat map. Thanks to time zones, this is my 4th flight boarded on February 9th covering over 10K miles, 14K+ EQM.

James
FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:38 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL Platinum,WN A-list, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Wondering what are the tools to check for U space other than looking for the blue 'F' symbol?

Expertflyer no longer give out free online tool for fare bucket as I understand.

Thanks.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I'm not sure where you came up with that information, but unless there is a semantic misunderstanding of your statement on my part, that's simply not true. I have had 10+ upgrades manually "nudged" since January 11th.
Retrospective Falicification!!

The information came from an Alaska Customer Service Agent. Just because they "nudged" for you post January 11th doesn't mean the ability to do so was present on January 11th. That is fuzzy logic.

The upgrade finally processed at T-109.5.

James
Old Feb 10, 2022, 3:35 am

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I am on AS478 now SFO-JFK. 5 empty F seats. Matched exactly to EF seat map. Thanks to time zones, this is my 4th flight boarded on February 9th covering over 10K miles, 14K+ EQM.

James

I will be doing AS7 JFK-SEA return, gonna miss you by half an hour.. next time then
Old Feb 10, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Retrospective Falicification!!

The information came from an Alaska Customer Service Agent. Just because they "nudged" for you post January 11th doesn't mean the ability to do so was present on January 11th. That is fuzzy logic.

The upgrade finally processed at T-109.5.

James
Did I misunderstand you when you said that as of January 11th, agents are no longer able to nudge upgrades? No fuzzy logic on my part, that's for certain.
SEA777GUY likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: Alaska Air Miles
Just curious, are non-deadheading pilots able to upgrade to first-class ahead of the upgrade list as well? I just noticed on the waitlist for my flight that non-Dhd individuals received F seats instead of pax on the upgrade requests list.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K: NEXUS: Global Entry
100k member here. For my last three flights within the past two weeks, I have been #1 or #2 on First Class upgrade list. I have checked in at gate, boarded and in my premium seat when just before take off, a FA has given me the good news that I have been upgraded to First. Cutting it close! Prior to these flights, 'cutting it close' was checking in at gate and getting a First Class seat. Just a coincidence or new procedure to hold off giving up those First Class upgrades until the last minute?
Old Feb 10, 2022, 10:24 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Feb 9th (Wednesday)
AS1055 LAX-SEA B39M Upgraded at T-23
AS86 SEA-JFK A21N Upgraded at T-23

Feb 10th (Thursday)
AS7 JFK-SEA A21N Upgraded right after rebooking
AS35 SEA-LAX B739 I was #5 of 28 after checkin, surprisingly I cleared at T-23.

Booked in Dec 2021 as LAX-EWR redeye RT, rebooked in Jan 2022 to LAX-SEA-JFK (AS58) and EWR-LAX due to schedule change. Since I didnt want to stay in NYC for a day, I called AS at T-25 before AS1055 departure to rebook me, no fare difference due to earlier schedule change. But I'm so tired after this trip. Maybe I shouldn't be doing those kind of aggressive MRs..
Old Feb 10, 2022, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by 985X
Feb 9th (Wednesday)
AS1055 LAX-SEA B39M Upgraded at T-23
AS86 SEA-JFK A21N Upgraded at T-23

Feb 10th (Thursday)
AS7 JFK-SEA A21N Upgraded right after rebooking
AS35 SEA-LAX B739 I was #5 of 28 after checkin, surprisingly I cleared at T-23.

Booked in Dec 2021 as LAX-EWR redeye RT, rebooked in Jan 2022 to LAX-SEA-JFK (AS58) and EWR-LAX due to schedule change. Since I didnt want to stay in NYC for a day, I called AS at T-25 before AS1055 departure to rebook me, no fare difference due to earlier schedule change. But I'm so tired after this trip. Maybe I shouldn't be doing those kind of aggressive MRs..
Aggressive? Insane?

I love to fly but your schedule has been hard core. Space it out, go crazy for a week, take a break. I don't think there is a trophy for the first ever organically earned 2023 MVPG100K. But then you never know. Maybe suggest a grant of MM status for the first recipient.

Maybe try something like this!

I like to fly routes I haven't flown before. I have a mere 13 flights this week since Sunday, 10 flown, 3 to go. Between a 4 segment J award itinerary & part of a longer revenue J itinerary (2 of 5 segments flown) I will finish off with 25,547 miles flown when I get back to Phoenix today. The JFK-SFO-JFK, (pretty much a sure thing upgrade) on Wednesday was cheaper than a hotel; a shower in the BA lounge with table service dinner was a nice start. JFK-MIA on a 77W was an easy upgrade too. 25,547 miles flown, 6 states, 6 days, 5 nights, 4 countries, 2 continents, 2 hotel nights & 1 paid dinner.

The upgrades are great. The benefits of OWE are proving to be nice as well.

James
Old Feb 11, 2022, 12:08 am

Surprise Surprise!

AS 725 DFW-SEA 2/11/22

I was initially #4 of 47 with 3 open F at OLCI. Subsequently, the 3 ahead of me were upgraded, F was full & I was #1 of 43. At T-13h:23m I received an upgrade email with a 2D seat assignment and no longer on the upgrade list.

Also, shockingly, I was able to pre-order a meal. Let's see if it sticks.

The offer to give up my seat (not going to happen now ) is still listed in the Messages section in the APP.

Messages in APP

James
FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 8:30 am

SEA-PHX AS 104 2/11/22 G fare, purchased 12/21.

At OLCI, I was #1 of 32 with 3 unassigned F seats as per EF. No upgrades overnight but when I checked EF this morning, only 2 unassigned F seats remained. The flight was zeroed out and has not been available on AS even prior to OLCI. There was no movement in the waitlist nor any change in awaiting seats. At 9:27 am EST, I received an upgrade email and was assigned 1D so the upgrade processed at T-11h:48m. I was removed from the waitlist which now stands at 32. The 2, 3 & 4 positions moved up to 1, 2 & 3. As per EF, 1A is still unassigned.

Again, I was able to submit a pre-order despite being less than 12 hours from departure. Both flights DFW-SEA & SEA-PHX are greater than 1100 miles so the options for pre-order were the same.

James
Old Feb 11, 2022, 1:19 pm

Aggressive? Insane?

I love to fly but your schedule has been hard core. Space it out, go crazy for a week, take a break. I don't think there is a trophy for the first ever organically earned 2023 MVPG100K. But then you never know. Maybe suggest a grant of MM status for the first recipient.

Maybe try something like this!

I like to fly routes I haven't flown before. I have a mere 13 flights this week since Sunday, 10 flown, 3 to go. Between a 4 segment J award itinerary & part of a longer revenue J itinerary (2 of 5 segments flown) I will finish off with 25,547 miles flown when I get back to Phoenix today. The JFK-SFO-JFK, (pretty much a sure thing upgrade) on Wednesday was cheaper than a hotel; a shower in the BA lounge with table service dinner was a nice start. JFK-MIA on a 77W was an easy upgrade too. 25,547 miles flown, 6 states, 6 days, 5 nights, 4 countries, 2 continents, 2 hotel nights & 1 paid dinner.

The upgrades are great. The benefits of OWE are proving to be nice as well.

James
I also love flying interesting routes and destinations, but ADK or SCC never make sense for cash ticket, let alone MRs. That's why for MRs I exclusively book LAX-SEA-EWR/JFK/BOS to maximize miles at lowest cost. You probably know I love trying different airlines, so I just booked a same day return in March, LAX-RNO on AS, and RNO-ONT on the new carrier Aha!, making it the 71th airline on my flight log
tobikosan and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: Yes
I contacted AS this afternoon via chat to request that they manually push the UG list for an upcoming flight. They did so, as well as for the other 100Ks on the flight and U space is still at 7. If you saw your UG for SFO-JFK come in around noon, you're welcome. 🤙🏻🍹
pcoll, 985X, mikeysf and 1 others like this.

Last edited by anteater; Feb 11, 2022 at 1:44 pm
Old Feb 11, 2022, 2:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP75K
2/11/22
AS 1146 SEA-AUS
A320
Fare class: G
No upgrade. Me and companion #1 and #2 on the list with 4J seats available 2 days before (out of 20 people on the list). They released U seats one at time. thus #1 and #2 not upgraded and #3 and #4 (had same last name) not upgraded but the 4 people after #4 all disappeared off the list. This has happened too often to me and my companion. My success rate with a companion is dismal (like 25%) but me alone its about 90%. I talked to my friend who works for Alaska, he said send an "Alaska Listen" comment on your experiences. He said this goes to senior management and they read it.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 6:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
2/15/22
AS 1359 BOS-SFO (evening flight) A321

Fare class: G, Purchased: 11/29/21
Cleared: T-96

Very light flight, F is still at 11/16 open seats

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.