Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

$9 Fee for Complimentary Premium Seat -- IT Glitch?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2022, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Saw a post by WestSideBilly in the Flame Free thread and I'm seeing the same issue: MVP Gold & & 75K trying to book complimentary Premium Class seats are seeing a $9 Fee. It looks like for both new and existing bookings.

I'm also seeing a new web interface on the flight booking page so wondering if the two are related.
Seattle123 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 9:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K: NEXUS: Global Entry
I too am seeing a $9 charge when I went to change to a different premium seat on a flight that I had already purchased. Went ahead and made the seat change; no charge.
FlyerDigits and anteater like this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seattle123
I too am seeing a $9 charge when I went to change to a different premium seat on a flight that I had already purchased. Went ahead and made the seat change; no charge.
Did it take you all the way through to the page to ask how you want to pay? I'm on the checkout page and it's showing a fare of $8.37 plus taxes, fees, charges of $0.63 for a subtotal of $9.00 for a Premium seat. Making me select a payment method to complete the "Purchase", which I haven't done. I don't need any more fun with this particular reservation.
Seattle123 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 9:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K: NEXUS: Global Entry
Yes I did. Changed to a different premium seat with no $9 charge.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 10:38 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
I saw the same tonight. Went to change a premium seat that I already purchased, and they wanted $9. I didn’t go all the way through the process; figured my old seat was good enough.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Looks like its resolved. I don't see the seat fee
FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 12:21 pm

Programs: 75K, HH Diamond
I had the same $9 issue for seats when purchasing yesterday, chose some seats in Y and just went with it. just logged in and they had been changed up to prem and OW elite seats overnight. Flight is a month out, just chose different prem seats at no cost.
FlyerDigits likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.