Wiki Posts
Search

Delays in changing MVP status level

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2022, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
Delays in changing MVP status level

I'm just curious if anyone's been having the same problem as mine, possibly a result of AS's recent computer woes: failure to bump me up from MVP Gold to 75K or 100K.

Here's what happened in my case: I was MVP Gold for last year but took a whole slew of BA flights near the end of 2021, in large part to gain 75K status. I managed to find a discounted BA F r/t fare from SFO-ATH via LHR (with the intra-European leg in J), meaning AS should've given me a 250% EQM bonus on the SFO-LHR legs. I know AS routinely has processing delays for partner miles (especially BA), but all of my not-yet-calculated BA trips from November & December just showed up on my MVP account a few days ago.

I'm not entirely clear whether all bonus miles on AS's online statements qualify as EQMs, but if so, my total for the calendar year 2021 is over 122K. Even if not, I'm not seeing any way I wouldn't have received a bump-up to at least the 75K tier. (The other slightly weird bit was receiving multiple form letters only two days before the BA miles showed up in my account that they have to be confirmed by BA & can take 6-8 weeks to process.)

I searched & couldn't find any threads on the topic, but has anyone else had something similar occur? Or is it more or less normal for there to be lag time in "official" elite-level status bumps, even in cases where the miles have been added to one's account?

Last edited by kirker; Jan 24, 2022 at 8:20 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 24, 2022, 9:26 am

Go to this thread, the tier isn't yet live: MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)
Old Jan 24, 2022, 10:37 am

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Originally Posted by kirker

I'm not entirely clear whether all bonus miles on AS's online statements qualify as EQMs, but if so, my total for the calendar year 2021 is over 122K. Even if not, I'm not seeing any way I wouldn't have received a bump-up to at least the 75K tier. (The other slightly weird bit was receiving multiple form letters only two days before the BA miles showed up in my account that they have to be confirmed by BA & can take 6-8 weeks to process.)
The bonus miles that show up on your statement are bookable miles. Unfortunately, the EQM miles aren't a part of that, they're just added to your progress/elite status, which can be frustrating when you're trying to make sure everything is credited correctly. Did you go through and calculate them by hand? If it seems off, give customer care a call.
Seattle123 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyerDigits
Go to this thread, the tier isn't yet live: MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits (Pre-Launch)
Yeah, I know – just to clarify, I was more wondering about why I haven't been at least bumped up to the 75K tier. As it so happens, I have a half-dozen flights on AA coming up in the next few weeks, and just yesterday flew on a three-hour flight that was somehow half-empty in F. (But since my "official" level is still MVP Gold, I can't get on the upgrade list, period, for AA flights.)
Old Jan 24, 2022, 2:03 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Full stop. Call them. That's the only resolution you'll get to this.
FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 2:03 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
Yeah, I know – just to clarify, I was more wondering about why I haven't been at least bumped up to the 75K tier. As it so happens, I have a half-dozen flights on AA coming up in the next few weeks, and just yesterday flew on a three-hour flight that was somehow half-empty in F. (But since my "official" level is still MVP Gold, I can't get on the upgrade list, period, for AA flights.)
I feel you. I fly AA a lot, too, and it was one of the main reasons I wanted to hit 75k. If you believe you flew enough EQM to hit 75k last year, just give customer care a call and ask them to recalculate to make sure all your miles were credited correctly. Good luck and keep us posted!
Old Jan 24, 2022, 2:04 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
You know you could just easily call customer care and within 5 minutes you’ll have your status updated correctly or they’ll give you an official explanation for why not.
Seattle123 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 2:07 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 100K
Originally Posted by wanderlust4life
You know you could just easily call customer care and within 5 minutes you’ll have your status updated correctly or they’ll give you an official explanation for why not.
Doesn't always work! I called about 100K status in early Jan and was told they just don't know!
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 2:07 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Exactly! I’m sorry to laugh but I just don’t see the point of asking for a resolution here when customer care can resolve this matter so easily. I get that it helps to ask for advice on the forum especially for account issues with miles not yet posted but the miles have posted and so a quick call can get you on that upgrade list unlike any of us speculating from the clouds.
Seattle123 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by LGACIC
Doesn't always work! I called about 100K status in early Jan and was told they just don't know!
The 100k issue doesn’t apply yet until it’s live tomorrow because the poster would have to show 75k right now regardless. All people pending for 100k will have 75k status. And if the poster strongly believes that 75k has at least been met, then customer care can very easily total up the EQMs and get the account status to reflect that tier
Old Jan 24, 2022, 2:19 pm

If you have the required AS flight segments and they haven't bumped you yet, I would call.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
I'd been holding off on doing so only because I feared an hours-long wait time – this after getting exactly that a few weeks back, when they had a boatload of cancellations (and not getting through at all during business hours) – but I just tried calling & somehow got through immediately ... and boom! 75K unlocked! You were correct!
Old Jan 24, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
👏 Congratulations!

There are certain things that can only be solved with old school intervention when it comes to AS.

And by certain things, I mean basically everything, with a few exceptions.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 3:29 pm

I would give Alaska mileage plan customer care a call.

As stated upthread the RDM doesn't equal EQM but if the RDM have posted then the corresponding EQM should have too. I keep a spreadsheet to track everything because the only historical tracking your Alaska account will show are the RDM. If you have your base RDM and fare class of travel for each flight then you can use that to calculate the EQM you should have earned.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 4:07 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by LGACIC
Because it's not live. OP could easily call about his 75K status, though.
Seattle123 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.