"We're Sorry" Free EQM Email

Old Feb 8, 2022, 11:17 pm

Programs: Yes
FlyerDigits I just pinged AS. Will let you know what I hear.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 1:27 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
My 5K miles posted today

FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 2:23 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wanderlust4life
My 5K miles posted today
As did mine.

James
FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 5:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by FlyerDigits
Never received an email but had a creepy interaction with the first class FA on my SFO-LAX flight tonight that reminded me of this thread.

After I settled in he walked up and said something along the lines of "FlyerDigits, well, well, six cancelled flights huh? We'll get you to LA tonight.". I was completely confused. Then he confirmed my first and last name and said Minneapolis, Seattle,... I asked if he was talking about my January flights. Now he was confused, looked at his mobile device, and said that he was confused because he didn't realize those were last month.

So great, thanks for reminding me about all of my last minute cancellations, to include the one where my daughters appreciated the early morning wake up when I informed them that we had to leave for the airport RIGHT NOW if we wanted to make it to the Delta flights Alaska just rebooked us on (or hang out in the hotel for several days).

And also how much customer history and information does Alaska leave floating around out there for the flight attendants to see? What happened a month ago doesn't seem relevant to my new trip today. But it sure did bring back a bad taste and weirded me out.
60 days

Also keeps track of missing bags and late flights.

Had a few issues last month.
FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 5:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
5K miles showed up for me as well today.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by FlyerDigits
Never received an email but had a creepy interaction with the first class FA on my SFO-LAX flight tonight that reminded me of this thread.

After I settled in he walked up and said something along the lines of "FlyerDigits, well, well, six cancelled flights huh? We'll get you to LA tonight.". I was completely confused. Then he confirmed my first and last name and said Minneapolis, Seattle,... I asked if he was talking about my January flights. Now he was confused, looked at his mobile device, and said that he was confused because he didn't realize those were last month.

So great, thanks for reminding me about all of my last minute cancellations, to include the one where my daughters appreciated the early morning wake up when I informed them that we had to leave for the airport RIGHT NOW if we wanted to make it to the Delta flights Alaska just rebooked us on (or hang out in the hotel for several days).

And also how much customer history and information does Alaska leave floating around out there for the flight attendants to see? What happened a month ago doesn't seem relevant to my new trip today. But it sure did bring back a bad taste and weirded me out.
Yes, I also had two galley conversations with FAs in the past month where they knew the specifics of my travel cancellations/chaos.
FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Seems like this was either really haphazard or very specifically targeted. Despite two canceled flights, an airport change, etc., since I wasn't at one of the directly impacted airports I guess I didn't qualify.

Not going to quibble over 5K EQM, but it's bad form IMO.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by thatmikereed
Seems like this was either really haphazard or very specifically targeted. Despite two canceled flights, an airport change, etc., since I wasn't at one of the directly impacted airports I guess I didn't qualify.

Not going to quibble over 5K EQM, but it's bad form IMO.
Im with you here. We had many impacted flights and continue to face them. No email, no EQM, no email from the new CA team head. Its like AS has just passed us over. I guess the days of dealing with changes, cancellations and meltdown dont count for some of us. Not big deal over 5k EQM but just feels bad as one of the customers that isnt worthy anymore haha.
TheDudeAbides likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
Originally Posted by olouie
Im with you here. We had many impacted flights and continue to face them. No email, no EQM, no email from the new CA team head. Its like AS has just passed us over. I guess the days of dealing with changes, cancellations and meltdown dont count for some of us. Not big deal over 5k EQM but just feels bad as one of the customers that isnt worthy anymore haha.

had several cancel and I self rebooked instead of calling in an already over burdened phone system. Either has to pay premium fair for short notice or burn miles to fly without the benefit of EQM. This is the main reason I stockpile miles, having miles for short term use for myself or to salvage a family or friend on short notice has been useful.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 8:59 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
2500 posted for me today (well, dated yesterday) as well. I personally think they should honor any elite request to provide these if they were impacted as a goodwill gesture here - ridiculous that some who were hardly impacted (me - cancelled a last min "just in case" MR) got them and others who actually had significant issues/delays don't get anything.
VirtuousKangaroo likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Xrayman
had several cancel and I self rebooked instead of calling in an already over burdened phone system. Either has to pay premium fair for short notice or burn miles to fly without the benefit of EQM. This is the main reason I stockpile miles, having miles for short term use for myself or to salvage a family or friend on short notice has been useful.
Yeah but at that point there is less reason to be loyal to AS anymore. Ive already had to self move from AS onto DL and UA a few times due to Hawaii changes and Seattle flights. I mean I am going to continue flying with AS since I want 100k this year but they arent making it easy to give them business.

Last edited by olouie; Feb 9, 2022 at 9:25 am
Old Feb 9, 2022, 9:56 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Posted for me as well, which is helpful as my first time on AS this year is a mileage redemption next week.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 10:37 am

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
I got my miles today, too. I'm sorry about those of you who were impacted and didn't receive anything. It doesn't seem right.
olouie, be_rettSEA and anteater like this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 11:23 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Just checked my account, got the 5K EQM yesterday Feb 8
Old Feb 9, 2022, 11:24 am

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
2500 posted for me today (well, dated yesterday)
Is there a place that shows EQM activity (dates/amounts, etc.)??? I've only been able to find the RDM accounting "ledger".

I also received mine between last night and this morning. Funny thing is the only problem I experienced was a mechanical delay that didn't seem to have anything whatsoever to do with the general meltdown/chaos that took place.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.