Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Stranding in Dubai? Award ticket booking, AS says can't see EK flight cancellation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Stranding in Dubai? Award ticket booking, AS says can't see EK flight cancellation

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2022, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
So just like magic, you got lucky and still have F class seats for you and your family in place.
Fixed that for you. Could just as easily gone pear shaped and I'd be in a predicament because AS didn't try to get me the last remaining seats on the never-in-jeopardy DXB-LAX flight.

Last edited by dayone; Jan 20, 2022 at 2:00 pm Reason: Fix quote syntax.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
Fixed that for you. Could just as easily gone pear shaped and I'd be in a predicament because AS didn't try to get me the last remaining seats on the never-in-jeopardy DXB-LAX flight.
That’s quite a chuckle, assuming EK is going to prioritize AS award pax when doing IROPS triage instead of just doing nothing, because the incentives aren’t really there to bend over backwards for a former partner whose award pax they barely tolerated anyway.

Good thing doing nothing worked out for you, I guess.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
That’s quite a chuckle, assuming EK is going to prioritize AS award pax when doing IROPS triage instead of just doing nothing, because the incentives aren’t really there to bend over backwards for a former partner whose award pax they barely tolerated anyway.

Good thing doing nothing worked out for you, I guess.
I don't disagree with your points, very fair observations! But "try" was the operative word in my post. All's well that ends well.
eponymous_coward likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.