Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2022, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
  • Requirements:
    100K Eligible miles earned on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    or 140 Eligible segments flown on Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners
    24 minimum number of flights marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines
  • Airport benefits:
    Priority check-in and boarding
    Free checked bags: 3
    Preferred seating
    Express security line at select airports
    Standby and wait list for full flights
    Alaska Lounge membership discount
    Four Alaska Lounge day passes (max. 4 per year)
​​​​​​​
  • oneworld priority
    Emerald
More MVP Gold 100K benefits to come.
Print Wikipost

MVP Gold 100K Tier - Features and Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2022, 10:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
The closest I had to being recognized for 100K was on the phone... by my friend. He called alaska to reschedule both of our flights (we are flying together in separate res), and when he gave her my confirmation number, she immediately noticed I had 100K and told him "Oh boy he's done his fair share of flying, I have so many things I'd want to ask him"... and that's about it... I had to fight my way into a free snack on FLL-LAX the other day
Old Apr 28, 2022, 8:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by rcarr
Wish list for 2023 100k benefits:

1) Basic Alaska lounge annual membership - not the plus lounge membership and not just $100 or something off the total cost.

2) Enhanced GGU’s- doubtful this would be offered and they can’t even make the standard program useful so not even sure this would be a viable benefit

3) Pre board 100k’s first- now I am all for disabled/vets/babies/elderly to be able to pre board, but lately it seems to be taken advantage of. My ANC/SEA today had literally 50 preboards. It almost seems like once the pre board line starts, lots of folk just add to it. And what’s up with the people who pre board just because they have pets with them. Ok so I would like to hear from the GA - “We will begin our pre boarding process starting with our mileage plan MVP 100k golds” - that benefit alone might make me shoot for 100k in 2023

4) Dedicated 100k phone line - after last months disaster I think this would be very useful

The above plus just getting the current benefits consistent would keep me from shifting 2nd half 2022 flights to DL. And maybe not waiting until November to announce additional benefits so as to have time to make the qualification.

This is prob asking way too much from AS. As stated above in posts, it amazes me that such a seemingly well run company can’t get some of the basics regarding IT and Elite customer service benefits straightened out.
I'd love to see at least 1-2 of these:
1. Upgrades on X fares
2. Free cancellation of X fares
3. CLEAR membership
4. Better discount on AS lounge membership
5. Ability to gift AS Gold status
6. Discounted on-board WiFi
7. Ability to bring 70-lb checked bags

Actually, I'd love if AS stops mentioning my name while (in rare cases) recognizing my status during the flight.
AK100k likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:28 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by hyedmd
I'd love to see at least 1-2 of these:
1. Upgrades on X fares
2. Free cancellation of X fares
3. CLEAR membership
4. Better discount on AS lounge membership
5. Ability to gift AS Gold status
6. Discounted on-board WiFi
7. Ability to bring 70-lb checked bags
Of all these I'm surprised the wifi thing hasn't been offered. It seems like such an easy yet useful thing for those flying a lot.

From a cost benefit standpoint I'd LOVE the Saver fare upgrades but I think it's doubtful to happen. It's been floated A LOT on people's wish-lists but never even hinted at from AS or anyone that seems to be "in the know".

Lounge membership, Clear, baggage and gifting status? Of those I'd most appreciate lounge membership or even a couple more passes but it's not a huge deal. $30 with my BofA CC. Maybe a way to keep me from being locked if a lounge is at capacity?

Clear? I already get Precheck from my CC, gifting status MVP is good enough for my freeloading family members Baggage? I rarely have oversized bags and the few times I have they let it slide. When I have I've been prepared to pay the $100 (or whatever it is) and it would be well worth it compared to the time/money of normal shipping. Of course we all have our own list. At the end of the day I think most 100Ks would agree the initial year has been a moderate to big letdown.
SimonT007 and hyedmd like this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 12:15 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Frontier Elite100K
That's an understatement. I took extra effort to achieve 100k last year. Flew to Hawaii twice in December to get to 100k. I thought the heavens would open and champagne and benefits would enhance my travel experience. And I would be treated like a God, with full recognition and treatment. The first quarter has been nothing short of disappointing. Failed to upgrade on 3 flights so far when last year as 75k had only 1 flight not upgrade for the entire year. I've had to beg to get the benefits of chocolates and snacks. Had to inform FA that I was 100k more than half the time since it didn't show up on their apps. Got lots of apologies after showing my status card when last year I was immediately recognized and received all benefits I was entitled. Even compensation for delays or cancelations were better at 75k last year with the exception of my most recent cancelation compensation. So far this year 100k has felt more like MVP standard than top of elite status. And don't get me on the AA SWU certificates and luggage tags. Both should be in my hands at this stage but still waiting with no communications with a definite time it will happen.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by mtofell
Of all these I'm surprised the wifi thing hasn't been offered. It seems like such an easy yet useful thing for those flying a lot.

From a cost benefit standpoint I'd LOVE the Saver fare upgrades but I think it's doubtful to happen. It's been floated A LOT on people's wish-lists but never even hinted at from AS or anyone that seems to be "in the know".

Lounge membership, Clear, baggage and gifting status? Of those I'd most appreciate lounge membership or even a couple more passes but it's not a huge deal. $30 with my BofA CC. Maybe a way to keep me from being locked if a lounge is at capacity?

Clear? I already get Precheck from my CC, gifting status MVP is good enough for my freeloading family members Baggage? I rarely have oversized bags and the few times I have they let it slide. When I have I've been prepared to pay the $100 (or whatever it is) and it would be well worth it compared to the time/money of normal shipping. Of course we all have our own list. At the end of the day I think most 100Ks would agree the initial year has been a moderate to big letdown.
I have TSA Precheck too. But the DEN airport doesn't have a very convenient TSA Precheck, so CLEAR appears to be more convenient. And both United and Delta offer complimentary CLEAR to their top elites, why can't AS do the same? Same with bags - I very rarely get >50lb bags but sometimes I do, and it's convenient to not depend on the agent's decision if 53lb is overweight or not. Not sure about other carries, but United offers 70lb bags to all elites.

I agree that the chance to get upgrades on X fares are very small, and I'll be happy if we can go back to the practice of cancelling them for free.

If we don't get better discounted AS lounge membership, maybe we can get more (6-8 instead of 4) one-day coupons?
mtofell likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:11 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
Original Poster

There are no plans for X upgrades for 100K.

DL originally had a three-year exclusive with CLEAR. UA now also has a partnership. I believe an airline partnership has some requirements (e.g., system linking so that BPs can be accessed).
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by DuckFlyer
Boarding out of SEA to EWR on Monday included 100k with FC. Return flight did not.
The fact that an EWR flight didn't cancel and (probably) went out on time is the 100K benefit!
Old Apr 29, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: AS MVP75K
Originally Posted by Kamiakdad
I've had to beg to get the benefits of chocolates and snacks. Had to inform FA that I was 100k more than half the time since it didn't show up on their apps. Got lots of apologies after showing my status card when last year I was immediately recognized and received all benefits I was entitled.
Someone mentioned, that the Flight Attendant app needs to be updated on their phones, to show the new 100k level, which makes sense. So hopefully this will happen less and less. Why didn't AS force an upgrade to the app? Half the time when I access one of my banking apps it tells me it's out of date and I need to update. Another example of AS, IT department doing a glorious job.
anhuang19 and mtofell like this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 11:50 am

Yesterday, I received a survey request from Alaska about my most recent CS contact, the lack of planning of 100k status is so bad that when I got the question of what my status level is if any, 100k wasn't on the list. The top level on the survey was 75k. This survey is used to direct Alaska on how to improve customer service. Apparently addressing 100k customers is not high on their radar.
mtofell likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Wait....we have a 100K level?
Old Apr 29, 2022, 1:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rune87
Wait....we have a 100K level?
My RDM earnings says yes! 😉

James
Old Apr 29, 2022, 1:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Kamiakdad
I thought the heavens would open and champagne and benefits would enhance my travel experience. And I would be treated like a God, with full recognition and treatment.
Lol - sorry not to make light of people's feeling upset by this (as I certainly would, especially if I'd gone out of my way to hit it, as I've done most years with Gold), but I think a lot of people had really high expectations here, for something that very much felt like Alaska being like... "well people are saying we need a higher status level, so I guess let's say we're putting one out in a week, with benefits coming in a couple months??". I suspect once they start to get these meltdowns / staffing issues under control a bit more, they'll actually put some more thought about how to make it more beneficial, but we're still talking about Alaska here.. They're not adding the VX white F seats back in to planes for top elites.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold (ex-75K), Bonvoy Titanium, Recovering United 1K
Originally Posted by scklumb
Someone mentioned, that the Flight Attendant app needs to be updated on their phones, to show the new 100k level, which makes sense. So hopefully this will happen less and less. Why didn't AS force an upgrade to the app? Half the time when I access one of my banking apps it tells me it's out of date and I need to update. Another example of AS, IT department doing a glorious job.
Wouldn't the app at least flag them as 75K? Seems like chocolates/snacks aren't even going out to 75Kers.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 1:59 pm

The problem is that AS IT app have some bugs. When I spoke to the FA about my snack and chocolate and why my status wasn't showing up on her app, she looked at the passenger list and on that list of her app I was clearly marked as 100k, the problem was that was not imported to her elites list on the same app. And she told me she wasn't sure why and that she was not informed to reboot her app. So she had the updated initial version of the app but not the newest app that had the bug fixes She apologized and next time I'm on her flight she will make sure that I get recognized especially since I gave her a box of chocolate covered macadamia nuts for the flight crew before I was seated. This should never have happened. All the bugs should have been addressed in beta, but clearly AS rushed to appease AA benefits merger.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 2:20 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Gl, Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by cpworld
Wouldn't the app at least flag them as 75K?
Probably not. There's probably an enumerated value in the profile for status level, and if the app matches one of ["MV", "G", "75"], it displays a badge or banner or something on the seat. But when it sees "100", it just doesn't know what to do with it and doesn't display anything.

Of course, there are approximately 10,000 ways that it could have been handled in software to make this not a problem, but that's not where the engineering resources went.
SeattleWanderer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.