Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

How Long Have You Been an Alaska Mileage Member?

How Long Have You Been an Alaska Mileage Member?

Old Jan 12, 2022, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by PaperGlider
9 digit Virgin America captured customer.
Before that, I wasn't paying attention to Alaska Airlines.
Me too. Prior to that, from SFO I just thought they primarily flew to Alaska and Hawaii, which, given my general ignorance and disinterest in geography, mind as well be foreign countries, far as I was concerned. Recently, I was making small talk with my limo driver on my way to LAS, and we talked about how cold it's getting in Vegas. When I confirmed that I was leaving from Alaska in T3, he asked--I presume because we were talking about cold weather--if I were headed to Alaksa. LOL

I probably would have asked the same question had it not for AS taking over VX.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 10:12 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
I'm also a VX refugee, but was a heavy AA flyer on flights that VX did not serve. Once VX merged, I fly AS almost exclusively.

It's amazing to me that 20 years of flying later I can still rattle off my AA number/letter combo from memory even without having been on AA metal in years, but have no idea what my Virgin Elevate or Alaska MP numbers are.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by navydevildoc
I'm also a VX refugee, but was a heavy AA flyer on flights that VX did not serve. Once VX merged, I fly AS almost exclusively.

It's amazing to me that 20 years of flying later I can still rattle off my AA number/letter combo from memory even without having been on AA metal in years, but have no idea what my Virgin Elevate or Alaska MP numbers are.
Same with my UA number, which CO "retired" years ago. On the other hand, I know my AS number well. Just don't ask what my WN/DL/B6 numbers are!
Old Jan 12, 2022, 10:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by lalala

any fives?
Eight digit Alaska MP number, but I do have a single digit credit union member number in a credit union with over 200,000 members that started in the 1930s. It was an IT conversion mistake and I got to keep the low member number.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 10:38 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Same with my UA number, which CO "retired" years ago. On the other hand, I know my AS number well. Just don't ask what my WN/DL/B6 numbers are!
You guys have WN/DL/B6 numbers? /s
ShutUpDonnie likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by navydevildoc

Interesting, me too! Up until relatively recently, I've never been a "loyal" flyer on any carrier, and not that I'm all that loyal now but I suppose if there is any loyalty there, it's to AS. However, as with you, the only of the gazillion FF#s I've had AA is the only one I've ever had committed to memory; even now, I can rattle it off with nary an effort, and I can scarcely recall what I had for dinner last night.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 1:53 pm

29 years for me!
Old Jan 13, 2022, 7:34 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Either 24 years or 7 years. My original account expired from inactivity and was unable to be resurrected.
Seattle123 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines, Marriott, Hilton, Enterprise, Best Western
Since 1988 -- 1,521,000 "lifetime Alaska miles." Would be well over 2 million if AS flew to the East Coast in the 90s. I regularly flew to Boston, Minneapolis, and Atlanta on Northwest Airlines. Set my kids up with their accounts when they were 8 and 5 (x3). They are now 24 and 21 (x3).

Last edited by jujea; Jan 14, 2022 at 9:37 am
Old Jan 15, 2022, 1:58 pm

Since 2011, never really traveled for business, but traveling a lot for pleasure!
Old Jan 16, 2022, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Member since 2003. Slightly less than halfway to MM.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: RDM AS 100K - 1MM / DL DM - 3MM / Marriott Ambassador - Lifetime Titanium Elite
36 Years.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: AS 100K, HA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond
23 yrs, 725,000 miles, only 275,00 to MM
Seattle123 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
I signed on in May of 1984. My Mileage plan number begins with *1*. It was called something like Gold Coast Rewards back then.

My only regret is not having bought the lifetime Boardroom membership at $700. After having purchased a lifetime membership to Continental's Presidents Club for $300, the Boardroom seemed a bit overpriced at the time - especially since there were only a couple of lounges. If I had signed on for the lifetime membership though, I would have been rewarded with a nice wooden paneled briefcase.

Although my Mileage Plan account only credits me for about 1.4 million, per my log (which includes award flights and a ton of flights operated by Alaska metal on tickets purchased through DL, NW or AA) I should be passing the 2 million miles flown threshold sometime this fall.
be_rettSEA likes this.

Last edited by Seat 2A; Jan 17, 2022 at 3:47 pm
Old Jan 16, 2022, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K

been waiting for you to chime in here
rustykettel likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.