Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Window for AS Gold 75K on AA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2022, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Continental
Upgrade Window for AS Gold 75K on AA

Is there a specific time period when upgrades are processed on AA for Alaska mp members?
Old Jan 10, 2022, 6:06 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
As early as 72 hours, up until departure.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...elite-benefits

Complimentary Upgrades on American (AA)
FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Continental
Thanks
Old Jan 11, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by hockey7711
Is there a specific time period when upgrades are processed on AA for Alaska mp members?
Currently, F upgrades are only available if you booked directly with AA. If you booked thru AS, you can only get up to Main Cabin Extra.

Jiburi
Old Jan 11, 2022, 10:54 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k - UA Premier Gold - AA Platinum Pro
Are there any updates or new rumors on where the 100k folks will land on the AA list, come February?
Old Jan 11, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Originally Posted by ShutUpDonnie
Are there any updates or new rumors on where the 100k folks will land on the AA list, come February?
Still after platinum pro.
ShutUpDonnie likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 11:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by ShutUpDonnie
Bloggers in the know with AA say 100k will be after EP
olouie and ShutUpDonnie like this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 2:11 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Bloggers in the know with AA say 100k will be after EP
I'm not a" blogger in the know" (sometimes an oxymoron), but my guess is after Platinum Pro. The tell will be EXPs priority on AS when 100K is rolled out. My "guess" is after 75Ks.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 9:11 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by jiburi
Currently, F upgrades are only available if you booked directly with AA. If you booked thru AS, you can only get up to Main Cabin Extra.
Confused by this, as I have gotten upgraded to first class on several AA flights that were not booked directly with AA.

Are you suggesting AS-coded flights are not eligible for upgrades currently or something else?

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Jan 11, 2022 at 9:13 pm Reason: clarif
Old Jan 11, 2022, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
Confused by this, as I have gotten upgraded to first class on several AA flights that were not booked directly with AA.

Are you suggesting AS-coded flights are not eligible for upgrades currently or something else?
Yes, the AS website specifies that the AA flight needs to be marketed by AA in order to be eligible for First Class upgrades. With that said, I have a AA segment coming up that was booked through AS and I see on the AA app that a complimentary upgrade has been requested so perhaps things have changed in 2022??
Old Jan 11, 2022, 11:18 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
I can also confirm that I’ve actually cleared multiple times on AA flights booked via AS (to get 100% miles for the cheap economy fares). I was really surprised the first time I had booked an AA operated flight from RDM-PHX on the Alaska website that was coded with an Alaska number. I went to the AA website to select a main cabin extra seat and saw that my upgrade was requested. I then cleared the day before the flight. This has also happened on a flight to Hawaii on AA booked directly with AS. Seems like it wasn’t supposed to work and AA wanted people booking directly through them but IT making it possible is a win for Alaska bookings on AA metal.

Perhaps, since AA elites can book via AA or AS for AS metal flights and can be upgraded whether they are marketed by either airline, this is why it’s possible for AS elites to do the same for AA metal flights.

Last edited by wanderlust4life; Jan 11, 2022 at 11:23 pm
Old Jan 12, 2022, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by dayone
I'm not a" blogger in the know" (sometimes an oxymoron), but my guess is after Platinum Pro. The tell will be EXPs priority on AS when 100K is rolled out. My "guess" is after 75Ks.
IIRC EXP will come before 75k. Just like 100k will upgrade before AA PP.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 8:28 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Yes, the AS website specifies that the AA flight needs to be marketed by AA in order to be eligible for First Class upgrades. With that said, I have a AA segment coming up that was booked through AS and I see on the AA app that a complimentary upgrade has been requested so perhaps things have changed in 2022??
Thanks for the clarification--as "booked through" implied "booking channel", not "marketing carrier" in my read.

Regardless, as you and others note, it seems neither may be relevant.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 6:52 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by olouie
IIRC EXP will come before 75k. Just like 100k will upgrade before AA PP.
We'll know at the end of the month.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 11:12 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I certainly hope they fix this since it make absolutely no sense. The tickets that I've looked at seem to be the same price via either channel, so it comes down to choosing between earning full mileage or being eligible for an upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.