Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2022)

What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving in First Class on Your Flight? (2022)

Old Aug 31, 22, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by mfolf View Post
Anyone else miss getting smoothie shots on breakfast flights?
Yup. I'd pour a little bit of bubbles in them, take a sip so there was more room for more bubbles, lather, rinse, repeat, until the never ending quasi-mimosa finally ended.
sltlyamusd and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Aug 31, 22, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by be_rettSEA View Post
Yes! Was thinking about those short-lived smoothies on a breakfast flight the other day.. Also miss having soup with dinner flights!
Agree, especially given that AA and DL have enhanced their F transcon catering within the past six months, and even UA serves a snack plate later in the flight on premium transcons. AS could easily fit a bowl of soup on the tray given the ice cream is served later on.
Carfield likes this.
Old Aug 31, 22, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Any idea what the offerings in first are for milk run flights (ie flight 62)?
Old Aug 31, 22, 8:51 pm

I ordered the "Sweet corn pancakes with bacon" on a breakfast flight (DCA-SEA). As there was no syrup or jam, I first thought the pancakes were too dry, but then realized that the vanilla yogurt made a great spread on them -- that worked!

The roll was ice-cold, as the rolls were placed in the wrong bin, so I had to melt the butter pat under the hot dish, and then use up the butter for the roll -- no butter left over for the pancakes. Even so, I also used the yogurt as a topping for the roll.
Old Sep 3, 22, 8:42 pm

Programs: AS100K, AS Lounge+, Marriott Plat, SBUXG, Nexus/GE, Costco Exec, Amazon Prime, Nat Parks Yearly Pass
9/2 AS699 LAS-SEA 15:50. Somehow F catered with the old Dewars. Not a fan!

Old Sep 3, 22, 11:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by the42ndstate View Post
9/2 AS699 LAS-SEA 15:50. Somehow F catered with the old Dewars. Not a fan!
Yuck! Is that supposed to be a substitute for the Glenfarclas?
Old Sep 4, 22, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by sltlyamusd View Post
Agree, especially given that AA and DL have enhanced their F transcon catering within the past six months, and even UA serves a snack plate later in the flight on premium transcons. AS could easily fit a bowl of soup on the tray given the ice cream is served later on.
Honestly it is time to step up its transcontinental catering a bit...

1. Breads - I don't anticipate assorted bread rolls, but can Alaska at least rotate a couple different kind of rolls? Different for inbound and outbound flights, or between eastbound and westbound, or between north and southbound. There are a good variety of breakfast pastries too like bagels, croissants, or muffins.

2. Portion - it is really too small.

3. I agree - a cheese plate as a refreshment course prior to arrival

Sadly I don't see Alaska doing it, but I can only hope...

Carfield
sltlyamusd likes this.
Old Sep 5, 22, 9:45 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; AS MVP Gold, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by samosa View Post
Any idea what the offerings in first are for milk run flights (ie flight 62)?
If I remember correctly, breakfast served SEA-KTN as it's just over the 670 mile minimum. Then nothing, not even drink service, KTN-WRG and WRG-PSG. You get the awesome view, and that's it. I've never done PSG-JNU, but at 123 miles, I imagine it's also nothing.
samosa likes this.
Old Sep 5, 22, 3:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
BOS - SEA.
Very sad selection for lunch with just chicken breast. Would be nice to add some bacon or ham to the grain bowl. (And get rid of the cheese...)

Entrees

Fruit & Cheese Plate

It’s an all-star cast for our Fruit & Cheese plate. Beecher’s Flagship cheese, Tillamook sharp cheddar and brie, Partners crackers, and finished with a Seattle Chocolate truffle.
Complimentary
SelectShow details

Summer Squash Grain Bowl

Seasoned Tuscan kale and ancient grains, topped with green and yellow summer squash, marinated cherry tomatoes, creamy feta cheese, toasted almonds, and a mango-chili-basil dressing
Complimentary
SelectShow details

Smoked Chili Roasted Chicken

Chili roasted chicken breast, paired with a mix of toasted farro & quinoa, roasted sweet potatoes, asparagus & cherry tomatoes, topped with a roasted tomato crema
Complimentary

SEA - OGG
Some bacon or ham (or other meat) would be nice.

Fruit & Cheese Plate

It’s an all-star cast for our Fruit & Cheese plate. Beecher’s Flagship cheese, Tillamook sharp cheddar and brie, Partners crackers, and finished with a Seattle Chocolate truffle.
Complimentary
SelectShow details

Hawaiian Strata

Baked egg & Kings Hawaiian Sweet Bread strata with roasted red peppers, served alongside roasted tri-color potatoes and herb-marinated cherry tomatoes
Complimentary
SelectShow details

Hawaiian Kale Breakfast Bowl

Roasted tri-colored potatoes and grilled pineapple over a bed of garlic lemon-marinated Tuscan kale, topped with a cage-free poached egg, fresh cherry tomatoes and creamy feta cheese
Complimentary
Old Sep 5, 22, 3:57 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
Originally Posted by nineworldseries View Post
If I remember correctly, breakfast served SEA-KTN as it's just over the 670 mile minimum. Then nothing, not even drink service, KTN-WRG and WRG-PSG. You get the awesome view, and that's it. I've never done PSG-JNU, but at 123 miles, I imagine it's also nothing.
IIRC they do water and OJ service on the ground due to long turn times. When I flew in F it was a packet of trail mix and water/OJ
samosa likes this.
Old Sep 6, 22, 8:29 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Plat AMB, CC Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pWei View Post
SEA - OGG
Some bacon or ham (or other meat) would be nice.

Fruit & Cheese Plate

Its an all-star cast for our Fruit & Cheese plate. Beechers Flagship cheese, Tillamook sharp cheddar and brie, Partners crackers, and finished with a Seattle Chocolate truffle.
Complimentary
SelectShow details

Hawaiian Strata

Baked egg & Kings Hawaiian Sweet Bread strata with roasted red peppers, served alongside roasted tri-color potatoes and herb-marinated cherry tomatoes
Complimentary
SelectShow details

Hawaiian Kale Breakfast Bowl

Roasted tri-colored potatoes and grilled pineapple over a bed of garlic lemon-marinated Tuscan kale, topped with a cage-free poached egg, fresh cherry tomatoes and creamy feta cheese
Complimentary
the strata comes with bacon.
pWei and anteater like this.
Old Sep 6, 22, 2:06 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter;[url=tel:34576571
34576571[/url]]the strata comes with bacon.
This is correct.

I reported the error in their copy weeks ago, sad to see it hasnt been updated yet.
pcoll likes this.
Old Sep 6, 22, 2:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by anteater View Post
This is correct.

I reported the error in their copy weeks ago, sad to see it hasnt been updated yet.
This is my "pet peeve" with AS copy on website.

This has never been corrected after change last year.
Should read "up to 75%" and not that you receive 75%.

Comfort-inducing perks just for you.

Experience exclusive, First Class perks. Check in two free bags, skip ahead with expedited check-in and priority boarding, along with express security screening at select airports. Plus, earn 75% more Mileage Plan bonus miles with your First Class ticket purchase.
samosa and anteater like this.
Old Sep 7, 22, 2:42 pm

Programs: Yes
I ordered a double woodford with one ice cube and I received a single woodford.

anteater sad. 🤙🏻🥃
pcoll likes this.
Old Sep 7, 22, 6:30 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
I am flying from RNO to SEA tomorrow morning. this is my first time in F on a flight too short for meal service. Does anyone know if the snack basket will have any breakfast-y items or will it just be chips and popcorn like the rest of the day?

Search this Thread